Celebrities

Is Kelly Rowland Admitted Jealousy Of Beyoncé Warranted Or Is It Unhealthy?

By  |

kellyIf you are like me, I love me some Beyoncé. As I watched her career flourish from the days of “No,No,No” to “Run The World”, I thought, “Wow what a star.” But it was not without questioning if her parents intentionally glammed her up more than the other members of  Destiny’s Child and if the group was simply put together to boost Bey?

I did not start to take notice of Kelly until the “Survivor” album, when Destiny’s Child became three instead of four . It is true what Wyclef said on the “No,No,No” remix.“They went from a dream to the young Supremes”. And their fairytale is starting to play out like that of The Supremes. Although, the group did not go to the extreme of becoming Beyoncé and Destiny’s Child like Diana Ross and The Supremes, the divide is very evident.

As Beyoncé continued to climb the charts, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams played the cheerleaders,while trying to come out of the shadow of Beyoncé with their own projects, which did not have much success. It was an unspoken truth. Rowland, who was always the hidden beauty of Destiny’s Child went on to have a successful following overseas. She is an excellent talent, producer, and writer, who never really got the chance to truly show people what was the best kept secret of Destiny’s Child.

As I am sure you have heard, Kelly Rowland has finally come out and said what others have always known; that there was a bit of jealousy when it came to seeing her best friend and sister in the limelight as much as she was. However, is it me or was anyone really watching Beyoncé, or were we all in total awe when Kelly Rowland came out, looking flawless, fierce, and shining like the star she is at the SuperBowl?

But is the way that Rowland feeling warranted and is it healthy? On one hand it is a bit healthy to be jealous of your competition. And let’s face it, although they tried to keep a united front, Beyoncé is Kelly’s competition. But the jealousy has to segue into you doing something about it and stepping your game up.

Kelly’s opinion of Bey’s success in her new song entitled, “Dirty Laundry” was a great way to channel that energy and let the masses know that she is human.  I hope fans surely did not believe that someone could be that positive all of the time about someone else’s career, without thinking, “I have worked just as hard and I feel like I am just spinning my wheels to get ahead”.

The reason that people will listen to the new song from Kelly is that she is being extremely, and painfully, real about hang-ups that most singers have in this Industry, but are too prideful to admit.

Asa Lovechild is an accomplished actress and singer out of New York City and a supporter of  One Billion Rising

www.facebook.com/asaentertainmentgroup

www.asalovechildworld.com

What's Your Thoughts

Loading Facebook Comments ...

1. Rev. George Brooks

May 18, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Comment from a 75-year-old black man, who is a preacher, but had my share of black women before becoming a minister at age 62: As for singing and dancing, I don’t see anything so much greater in Beyonce than in Kelly. And in terms of beauty, my vote has always been for, and still is, Kelly Roland. Are most folks more for Beyounce because of her lighter skin complexion, as I have often heard said? And if so, we blacks need to get up off of this selection of light skin women over brown or darker-skins, folks. Those days are supposed to be a thing of the past, but far too many black men are still seemingly hung up on this skin-color nonsense. And this is why they are even more hung up on so many white, pale-faced, ghostly-looking white women, rather than the wide-variety of beautiful black women. — Rev. George Brooks

2. rosemary davis

May 18, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I wouldn’t have ever disclose my jealousy of my best friend and what this discloure will do is cool their relationship if not destroy it all together because Beyonce is much more popular now than she was with Destiny Child and who’s to say wheather or not she’s still jealous I mean after all Beyonce is known Internationally, has a successfull career,besides having her own riches she married into wealth has a beautiful daughter.On the other hand Kelly’s career is stagnant to say the least she has not accomplish much out side of being on magazine covers a few songs here and there and Red Carpet appearances.She should have kept this tid bit to herself.

3. Delores

May 18, 2013 at 10:04 pm

no reason to be jealous what is for the bee,kelly can not have ,whats for kelly the bee can not have.blessing are given and passed out different.you will never understand gifts and blessing. so stop trying to beef up the jealous thing.

4. Kim

May 19, 2013 at 1:00 am

Oh god!I hate the word JEALOUSY!!!!!Damn!Cant she just be happy that she was put in a position to do her thing and become successful at it?It seems like someone is suffering from HATERAID!She will never be beyonce for she is her own person so get over it!Instead of being jealous tap yourself on the back and be proud of all the things that you has achieved in your own life and keep doing in.Focusing on Jealousy is taking time away from you elevating your own game.

5. blacjk jones

May 19, 2013 at 4:35 am

My eyes was always on Kelly, her beauty is undeniable,—-i understand why she might have thought she was jealous–but in reality she was PROBABLY not feeling 100% great about herself and her situation –it takes maturity to understand feelings of so-called jealousy—-forget about it, because you are FIERCE!!!!……..PEACE!

6. Latrice

May 20, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Actually everything was set up to make Beyonce the star she is today. Kelly and the other girls were just filling. They purposely made sure Beyonce was the lightest in complexion. They purposely put her in front and gave her more lines to sing. I remember being shocked when I heard Kelly sing. She had no exposure up until that point, so who knew her voice was that strong. And the nail in tthe coffin was when the group split, it seemed the great management team, the great publicist etc. All followed Beyonce. But you know what, when the other two girls complained about the unfairness of how the group Destinys Child was ran, Kelly defended Beyonce andd her parents, soooooo……..