Celebrities

Simon Cowell Proved Wrong As Candice Glover Comes Back To Win American Idol On Her Third Attempt

By  |

gloverCandice Glover proved to the world, last night, that you don’t have to be a size two to make audiences fall in love with you. The new American Idol shut down haters that thought the singer would never make it as a singer. Now Candice Glover has the chance to be a hit singer and more. It was Glover’s third time at bat, after Simon Cowell said that all she would be was nothing more than a lounge singer.

Simon Cowell must again be shooting himself in the foot, as Glover became the sweetheart of all of the judges this year, making it a memorable ending to an era for the “Dawg”, Randy Jackson, who is officially leaving the show. It has also been reported that none of the current judges will be returning for another season.

Simon was also wrong about former Idol turned Oscar winner and film actress, Jennifer Hudson. Hudson was told that she was too fat to be an Idol. Those remarks caught the attention of Oprah Winfrey, who invited Hudson on her talk show to prove that she had what is took, despite what Cowell had to say.

Hudson went on to play Effie in Dreamgirls and was soon cast for other film roles in movies like “S*x and The City”, and “The Secret Life of Bees”. She just finished filming “Black Nativity” opposite Forest Whitaker and Angela Bassett.

The two divas took the stage, last night, for a powwow of a performance, singing Natalie Cole’s “Inseparable”. The pair received a standing ovation midway through the song. This marks the first time that an African American female has won the competition since Fantasia in 2004.

Asa Lovechild is an accomplished actress and singer out of New York City and a supporter of  One Billion Rising

www.facebook.com/asaentertainmentgroup

www.asalovechildworld.com

What's Your Thoughts

Loading Facebook Comments ...

1. PoetDannyQueen

May 18, 2013 at 11:00 pm

A With Destiny

If to know who I am
    Is life’s master key
    What I can become all
    Begins and ends with me.

The me I never knew
    Was forever set free
    When I was lost and found
    On a date with destiny.

By:Daniel R.Queen
    Copyright 2004
    All rights reserved

2. blacjk jones

May 19, 2013 at 4:45 am

In a competition like American Idol—(where there are judges) there’s a chance that someone is gonna miss the mark–(SIMON COWELL INCLUDED)

3. kookie

May 19, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Some White people have such low expectancies of Black people. It may be deep rooted in jealousy and fear. They tried to stop Jackie Robinson; they told Dionne Warwick she was not good enough; they made fun of and criticized Sareena and Venus Williams; White supporter of golf sent Tiger Woods hate mail; they tried to beat the sense out of Harriet Tubman; They tried to stop Dr. King by physical and mental insults; they tried to humiliate President Obama. Each of these people succeeded in spite of the attacks by Caucasians.

• Every Chance

May 20, 2013 at 11:14 am

The best comment and truth in a long time!

4. best facial products

July 30, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Wow, wonderful blog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog
    for? you made running a blog look easy. The full glance of your
    site is great, as well as the content material!

Here is my web-site: best facial products

5. kookie

November 17, 2013 at 4:51 pm

White people like Simon are very self centered. Their standard of beauty is very different from others. Black women, well, Blacks in general are beautiful in all facets. Blacks are very unique which make their beauty stand out more than others. A Black woman can be big as ever and still have a nicely curved body. That is the least I can say about others who must be skinny because they have no frame. Even the slave owners knew the beauty of Black woman that is why they could not keep their hands off of them. I applaud women like Candace Glover who defy what others think and persevere. Thank God!

6. matt

January 19, 2014 at 9:17 am

You know…His girlfriend is a sister.

7. tolle Seite

February 6, 2014 at 3:56 pm

After looking at a handful of the blog articles on your website,
    I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark webpage list
    and will be checking back soon. Please check out my website too and tell me how you feel.

8. keep it real

February 17, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Talent like Candace & Jennifer always win in the end baby …. Who cares what Simon thinks he has enough on his plate knocking up married women…

9. hhack call of duty black ops 2

March 17, 2014 at 4:19 am

You actually make it appear really easy along with your
    presentation however I in finding this matter to be really one thing that I feel I would never understand.

It sort of feels too complicated and extremely broad for me.
    I am having a look forward in your subsequent submit, I will try to get the grasp of it!

10. RodneysFaw