Mom Beats Up Son For Being “Too Gay and Too Feminine”

By Ryan Brennan

A woman in Tennessee is being faced with domestic abuse charges afterJacqueline Alexander allegedly punching and beating up her son. Her reasoning was a blow to the LGBT community, saying that her son was being “too feminine and too gay.”

It was around 11 p.m. on Tuesday when Jacqueline Alexander punched her son in the face for being effeminate.

“No, that’s not right. I mean that’s her flesh and blood, her son,” Tamika Heard, a neighbor of Alexander’s, told reporters.

Another person who commented on the incident is Will Batts, who runs the Memphis Gay and Lesbian Center in Tennessee.

“It’s shocking every time it happens, but it’s not news to us at the center,” said Batts. “We hear a lot of stories about people who are assaulted by family members. Young people who are kicked out of their houses when they come out to a parent.”

The age of Alexander’s son has not yet been identified, but it was noted that there were several bruises on his face, leading many to assume that he was hit several times by his mother.

As for Alexander, she is being held on a $1,000 bond.

It is unknown is Alexander had anger issues or if she was genuinely concerned for her child, but either way, there are a lot of cases where parents worry about their children not conforming to expected gender roles.  Many parenting experts say that this is not something to over-react about.

One concerned mother wrote into Parenting about her very young son who was effeminate and played with dolls.  She said that although she was a liberal, she did not want her child to have to go through the hardships of being gay.

Dr. Gayle Peterson, Berkley, CA family therapist and the author of Making Healthy Families, said that playing with toys of the opposite gender or other subtle actions that are typical of the opposite gender does not always reflect the s*xuality of the child.

“Playing with dolls won’t have any effect on his masculinity beyond perhaps helping to make him a more sensitive, nurturing man,” she said. “Parents shouldn’t attribute so much meaning to something so innocent and should support their child’s needs. Otherwise, he may feel he has to choose between his gender and his natural inclinations.”

1. Richard O. Jones

February 23, 2015 at 7:09 pm

One of the problems is many people or fed up with gay and their parading it down Main St. Most people can get their minds off gay issues and their choices, if it’s not flaunted. I would absolutely not be happy about having an adult gay son; although, I could tolerate his lifestyle from a distance. I would welcome him and his lover or spouse to my house but I would have to hold back my puke it they were kissing and slow dancing in my presence.

I imagine if I have a minor gay son, I would be reluctant to take him anywhere with me, if he acted feminine to the point that it turned heads. If he was a gay who behaved like Don Lemon or Anderson Cooper I could stand it because he’s not way out there. But it he worn make-up, feathers and jewelry like a Las Vegas showgirl, I would be tempted avoid him.

In the case of the mother, I think she just might have momentarily snapped. I imagine it’s troubling for a straight woman to imagine her son giving head to a man or being sodomized as he moaned and squirmed like a girl. Most likely she tried to talk to him about his girly ways. She probably even went from talking to yelling from yelling to threatening and from threatening to snapping one day. However, she is wrong. I think if they are to continue to stay together they both needs counseling.

2. Pingback: albuterol without prescription

3. westbrook shoes

May 8, 2020 at 7:01 pm

I want to convey my love for your kindness in support of those people that really want help with this one concept. Your very own dedication to passing the solution up and down appeared to be certainly informative and has consistently permitted many people just like me to get to their endeavors. Your interesting report implies this much a person like me and much more to my colleagues. With thanks; from everyone of us.

4. converse outlet

May 11, 2020 at 8:45 pm

I wish to express appreciation to you for bailing me out of this instance. After surfing around throughout the world-wide-web and finding strategies which are not pleasant, I was thinking my life was over. Being alive without the solutions to the issues you’ve fixed by means of this blog post is a crucial case, and ones which could have in a negative way affected my entire career if I hadn’t come across your website. That knowledge and kindness in handling a lot of stuff was crucial. I am not sure what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a solution like this. It’s possible to at this point relish my future. Thank you very much for your expert and amazing guide. I will not be reluctant to endorse your web sites to any person who should receive recommendations about this topic.

5. Pingback: sildenafil online

6. michael kors outlet

May 15, 2020 at 11:11 am

I actually wanted to develop a message in order to thank you for those unique pointers you are writing here. My rather long internet lookup has at the end been honored with pleasant facts and techniques to exchange with my contacts. I would mention that many of us visitors actually are truly fortunate to live in a perfect website with very many marvellous individuals with insightful hints. I feel somewhat happy to have discovered the web pages and look forward to some more excellent moments reading here. Thanks a lot once again for all the details.

7. michael kors handbags

May 18, 2020 at 5:12 pm

I simply wanted to thank you so much once again. I do not know the things that I would’ve worked on in the absence of the type of solutions discussed by you relating to that situation. It seemed to be a real distressing issue for me, however , seeing a new expert strategy you resolved that took me to jump for fulfillment. Now i’m thankful for this help and have high hopes you realize what an amazing job your are providing instructing people with the aid of your websites. More than likely you’ve never met any of us.

8. supreme clothing

May 21, 2020 at 9:15 am

I simply needed to thank you so much once again. I am not sure what I might have followed in the absence of these tips and hints revealed by you regarding that area of interest. This was an absolute terrifying circumstance for me, but being able to see a new expert form you treated the issue forced me to weep over delight. Extremely thankful for this assistance and even have high hopes you realize what an amazing job your are carrying out instructing some other people by way of a site. I’m certain you’ve never met any of us.

9. louboutin

May 23, 2020 at 6:27 pm

I wanted to draft you a bit of word to be able to thank you very much the moment again on your superb views you have discussed on this page. This has been so tremendously generous of people like you to make openly all a lot of people would’ve offered for an e-book to help with making some dough on their own, primarily since you might well have tried it if you considered necessary. Those pointers likewise acted to become great way to be aware that other people have the same keenness similar to my personal own to figure out significantly more around this condition. I believe there are numerous more enjoyable moments in the future for individuals who scan through your blog.

10. jordan shoes

May 26, 2020 at 11:01 am

I in addition to my pals ended up taking note of the best tips on your web blog and then unexpectedly I got a terrible feeling I never thanked the site owner for those strategies. All the young men are actually absolutely glad to read them and have now actually been having fun with these things. Many thanks for truly being really helpful as well as for choosing varieties of smart useful guides most people are really wanting to be aware of. Our own sincere regret for not saying thanks to you sooner.

11. curry 7

May 28, 2020 at 5:26 pm

I and also my pals have been checking the best guidelines located on your web blog then before long got an awful suspicion I had not expressed respect to the site owner for those techniques. My boys became for this reason passionate to see all of them and now have in fact been making the most of these things. We appreciate you turning out to be quite helpful and also for deciding upon variety of fantastic themes millions of individuals are really needing to discover. My very own sincere regret for not saying thanks to earlier.

12. nike air vapormax

May 31, 2020 at 1:23 pm

Needed to compose you the little bit of note just to thank you so much over again for your personal splendid tricks you have shown at this time. It was quite wonderfully open-handed of people like you to provide easily all that a few individuals would’ve sold for an ebook in order to make some cash for themselves, chiefly since you could possibly have tried it in the event you decided. Those pointers as well served to be the fantastic way to know that other people have the identical desire just like my own to realize a lot more with reference to this problem. I am sure there are numerous more enjoyable sessions ahead for many who scan through your blog post.

13. curry 4 shoes

June 2, 2020 at 3:48 pm

My wife and i have been really delighted that Louis managed to do his inquiry through the entire precious recommendations he had while using the weblog. It’s not at all simplistic to simply choose to be offering ideas which often men and women have been trying to sell. And we also figure out we have got you to thank for this. The entire explanations you’ve made, the straightforward website navigation, the friendships your site aid to foster – it’s got most wonderful, and it’s really helping our son in addition to us know that the subject is brilliant, which is particularly indispensable. Many thanks for all!

14. kyrie shoes

June 4, 2020 at 5:30 pm

I must voice my admiration for your kindness supporting men and women that have the need for guidance on this important concern. Your very own commitment to getting the solution across appears to be unbelievably invaluable and has without exception made women much like me to attain their objectives. This warm and helpful useful information entails this much to me and extremely more to my colleagues. Thanks a ton; from everyone of us.