Latest posts

College Basketball Player Found Deαd After Chοking on Gum

By  |  11 Comments

A California University of Pennsylvania student was found unresponsive in her Shanice Clarkdormitory at about 3 a.m. Sunday.

Shanice Clark, 21, was immediately rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced deαd.

Authorities claim that Clark’s deαth was accidental and that the basketball player chοked on a piece of gum while she was sleeping.

“Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to the family and friends of Shanice Clark,” athletics director Dr. Karen Hjerpe said. “Shanice was a bright student and talented player. Her smile and personality will be missed.”

The school’s president also expressed her condolences.

“On behalf of California University of Pennsylvania, I extend my deepest sympathy to all of Shanice’s family and friends,” interim president Geraldine M. Jones said in a statement. “She will be missed by her teammates and coaches, her classmates, and by the entire campus community.”

Clark, who stood six feet tall, was a senior communications major. Originally from Toronto, Clark was remembered by the Toronto Star as a hard working, talented, and funny daughter of a single mom.

According to Cleveland Clunis, founder of a non-profit organization whose basketball program Clark attended, he encouraged Clark to use her basketball skills to pay her way through college.

“I told her, ‘Based on your height and your aggressiveness, there’s no reason you can’t use basketball to pay for your schooling,’ ” he told the Toronto Sun.

Clark dreamed of one day becoming a broadcaster, Clunis said of his funny mentee.

“She could start a conversation with you from morning and still have you laughing and interested till sundown,” he said.

She leaves behind a mother and a sister.

 

 

 

 

 

11 Comments

  1. jaycee

    January 19, 2015 at 9:07 pm

    I do not believe that this young woman asphyxiated on gum while sleeping. As a youngster, I slept with chewing gum in my mouth all the time, so did my friends and later my own children. The only thing that would happen is that the gum would fall out of our mouths and get stuck all in our hair. Something is not right here. I hope her family insists on a formal and thorough investigation.

  2. jaycee

    January 19, 2015 at 9:09 pm

    This reminds me of the story of the young boy “committing suicide” by rolling himself up in a carpet in the high school gym.

  3. Kimberly

    January 19, 2015 at 9:35 pm

    Stacker Chas I am praying to god that a monster like you has not spawned any kids!You are a heartless piece of trash!

  4. Pingback: viagra india safe

  5. Pingback: naltrexone drug

  6. hydroxychloroquine drug

    May 30, 2020 at 5:32 am

    hydroxychloroquine drug https://hydroxychloroquine1st.com/

  7. Pingback: tadalafil without a doctor's prescription

  8. hydroxychloroquine cost us

    June 4, 2020 at 1:52 pm

    hydroxychloroquine cost us https://azhydroxychloroquine.com/

  9. cephalexin 500mg cap

    June 13, 2020 at 8:43 pm

    cephalexin 500mg cap https://keflex.webbfenix.com/

  10. how long does cialis last

    June 16, 2020 at 6:45 pm

    how long does cialis last https://www.wisig.org/

  11. Brianral

    August 3, 2020 at 9:45 am

    more pop over to this website click over here now

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *