Latest posts

Woman Who Stαbbed Martin Luther King Jr. is 98 and Lives in Nursing Home

By  |

A 98 year old woman who almost kιlled Martin Luther King Jr. was found residing in a Martin Luther King JrNew York nursing home.

The Smoking Gun reportedly tracked down the woman, Izola Curry, who was transferred to a hospital for the criminally insane after stαbbing King.

According to Dr. King, the woman asked him one question before stαbbing him.

“You know, several years ago, I was in New York City autographing the first book that I had written. And while sitting there autographing books, a demented black woman came up. The only question I heard from her was, “Are you Martin Luther King?”

King said that because he wasn’t focused on the woman , he didn’t really have time to react.

“And I was looking down writing, and I said, ‘Yes.’ And the next minute I felt something beating on my chest. Before I knew it I had been stαbbed by this demented woman.

“And that blade had gone through, and the X-rays revealed that the tip of the blade was on the edge of my aorta, the main artery. And once that’s punctured, your drowned in your own blοod — that’s the end of you.”

According to doctors, the tip of the blade was at the edge of King’s aorta. King was photographed in his hospital bed while recovering from his injury.

The elderly woman was 42 when she stαbbed Dr. King with a knife. She was found unfit to stand trial and was placed in a home.

Although Curry could not quite remember the incident, she did recall the year that she’d been placed in a home for the insane. Curry believed at the time that the NAACP was conspiring against her.

King referenced the stαbbing and near deαth event in a speech shortly before his assassination.

Many people are unaware of the tremendous number of sacrifices made by Dr. King and his family for the sake of African American people.  Shortly after Dr. King’s assassination, his brother Alfred “died mysteriously” in Louisville, Kentucky.   Then, just five years after that, Dr. King’s mother Alberta was murdered while playing the piano at church.

So, the next time you see a black person who isn’t appreciative of the sacrifices in the civil rights movement, please tell them how much was given for them to have the freedoms that they enjoy today.

What's Your Thoughts

Loading Facebook Comments ...

1. trina

August 5, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Well damn

• Ruby Gaston

August 5, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I hope that has had enough time to repent!

2. jaysun

August 5, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Wow! She lived a long life.

3. Al Hill II

August 5, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Really just Really

4. Kirby Heyward

August 5, 2014 at 8:06 pm

You have you Ponder …Why this women is still around .

5. Shirl

August 5, 2014 at 8:47 pm

No conspiracy she was demented. Remember when it happen/
    and it is no new news.Good for those who didn’t
    know.

6. Ruby Gaston

August 5, 2014 at 8:59 pm

I hope she has had enough time to think about her actions and REPENT!

7. vetta

August 5, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Bad enough he had so many enemies even the demented

8. Debra Goodwin

August 5, 2014 at 10:24 pm

So she was never able to go home? Where is her family today? This is quit sad..

9. Jay

August 5, 2014 at 10:25 pm

I wasn’t surprised when I first heard about this incident because I truly believe that Black woman( most of them) are the White man’s secret weapon against the Black man!

10. Harrison Starks

August 5, 2014 at 11:12 pm

^^wow Jay That’s just stupid when they did Not wont or Need it anyone that was Black. I would Like to know all and How many more times did they try to kill Him this Grate Man of GOD!! He did stuff All Men would Like to be that strong!!

11. Angie

August 5, 2014 at 11:19 pm

This is amazing. She tried to take the life of MLK but The Lord has blessed her with years beyond measure.

• Mrs45

August 6, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Or she could be “cursed” to live another twenty years, or even perhaps never die. Living a long, long, long life is not always a good thing. Remember the movie “The Green Mile?” The man was forced to live a long, long, life because of something bad that he had done.

12. TT_CA

August 5, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Jay, the Black is his own worst enemy! a sista does not contribute to that! You Mr. Black man were the 1st to wiling date and marry outside your race. when you get a white woman you get a since of entitlement! But what you fail to realize you will always be to the that Ninja (no it’s not what they use, but.don’t act like you not heard the real one! 0_o)

But onto the article: did not know and back then the laws were so inclined to place a woman in jail, that may be why she is still alive.

13. kimberly

August 6, 2014 at 12:33 am

Wow!she lived all these damn years trapped in her own inanity..I wonder was she locked up in some facility for the mentally insane all these years..

14. kookie

August 6, 2014 at 5:36 am

Is it really a blessing to live in a mental institution .

15. deotha woodburn

August 6, 2014 at 6:41 am

It is true that Dr. King, and his family, did sacrifice, a lot for the betterment, of their people, Negro American. Dr. King, never referred to us as african american,he always said, the Negro American. And, we should respect that. Also, the King family, did not pay the price, that they paid, for immigration, so-call legal,or illegal, the civil rights movement, ( era ), was about the rights, and conditions, of his people, in this country. Dr. King, would be so brokenhearted, and disappointed, to see, the condition, and plight of his people today, in their own country. Not only other black people, have greatly benefitted, from the struggles, and sacrfices, of the civil rights movement, but, whites, and other, non blacks , as well. What really cracks me up, is all these, immigrants, and white folks, act as if, they have a exclusive right, to the, resources, and prosperity, that came as, a result of that civil rights, movement. NOT. Now the illegal aliens, calling themselves, dreamers, what the hell is that?????. Stop th b. s. There was only one Dreamer, and is name, was Dr. King. One of the greatest Negro Americans, of america’s time. Don’t get it twisted.

16. sherrie chapman

August 6, 2014 at 8:07 am

Rest in Peace Dr. King… Your DREAM lives on TODAY… That woman who stabbed you is repenting right now for sure.

17. kathy

August 6, 2014 at 8:28 am

I really want too know if she was brain wash by the racist group. She ask the question are you Martin Luther King . She should have known that! That’s almost like get your hand out if my pocket.and the pocket kept her Alive and out of sight for 50 years. Hum hum

18. Sadiki Kambon

August 6, 2014 at 8:58 am

There is documented evidence that Dr. M.L. King Jr. was a victim of assassination due to a conspiracy by agencies of the United States Govt. A civil trial was held in Memphis, Tennessee in 1999 and the jury came back with a verdict that the U.S. Government was guilty of the crime and James Earl Ray was not the shooter and just a pawn used in the conspiracy. The 1999 full trial transcript can be googled at drmartinlutherkingjrtrialtranscript.

19. Myra Bryant

August 6, 2014 at 9:15 am

I agree the King family sacrificed a lot for the civil rights movement, but so did a lot of other families. The loss of a mother, wife, daughter, sister to a family is just as devastating as the loss of a leader to a nation. As one who grew up in the movement, the Students for a Democratic Society were my contemporaries I could not embrace the non-violent concept because if someone hit me it was on and poppin’ therefore I was not a part of any of the marches because I could not sign the non-violence oath. I applauded those who did. I contributed by behind the scenes organizing, coordinating, recruiting and etc.. I had some close personal friends who marched and were maimed for life, some lost limbs, eyes, legs, etc.. Those were turbulent times and I would not like to relive them. America was a war zone and African Americans were for the most part the casualties!!

20. sharon

August 6, 2014 at 10:38 am

Maybe she was the maid for the government

21. ericaf

August 6, 2014 at 2:00 pm

“The elderly woman was 42 when she stαbbed Dr. King with a knife” this was shocking to me, since I’m fifty I must really be ancient, about to be stone age. Loll

22. Vanyan

August 6, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Well then, just damn. What was the purpose of bringing up this nonsense??? The most people who gained something from what MLK did was the sissies and lesbos – and there are way more of them than Black folks with civil rights injustices. We’re all being harmed by those. Even more, what about the human rights violations that are being stomped all over the masses? Wake up folks – it’s not a Black and white issue. MLK and others died for a cause. It does not call for wasting space and time speaking of someone who tried unsuccessfully to cut him off prior to his time – or somewhat glorifying her because she managed to squeak by to a generous old age. Hopefully, she suffers horribly for what she tried to do. On the other hand, since they already had her pegged, she was probably just the pawn they needed. Had she been anyone or anything else or any other color, he might have paid more attention. He got done as much as he could anyway, and she should have went to the chair, mentally challenged or not.

23. King Fish

August 6, 2014 at 10:54 pm

@sadiki black folk didn’t need to see the transcripts. Most of us already figured that out. JFK, Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King and a few others were kill by the same cowards. But a lil something folks don’t know is Jesse Jackson help set MLK up! The day of the assassination Jesse convinced Martin to switch hotel room, giving them clear shot.

24. Anthony allen

August 7, 2014 at 11:08 am

Hey sadiki thats true. I only learned of that trial a yr ago. We negroes run around asking that cracker for help. We must be out of our mind. The only one gonna help us is us.