No R-E-S-P-E-C-T For The Queen of Soul At Johnny Rockets

aretha

by Reel Lady

So let me get this straight, waitress at Johnny Rockets:

You mean to tell me that you had the audacity to disrespect the queen of soul? You disrespected the icon known for her international classic, “R-E-S-P-E-C-T?” It’s one thing to yell at anyone at your CUSTOMER SERVICE JOB. It’s another to raise your voice at the elderly (what are you doing yelling at old people anyway!?) But to insult Aretha Franklin? You should be in Ripley’s Believe It Or Not for “Crazy!”

But believe it or not, Franklin tells Daily News in an exclusive interview about what happened with her encounter with the rude waitress at Johnny Rockets in Niagra Falls, Ontario.

After performing at a sold out concert by Lewiston New York, she decided to grab a bite to eat at Johnny Rockets. It seemed that she had ordered takeout but decided to sit at a table.

READ MORE via No R-E-S-P-E-C-T For The Queen of Soul At Johnny Rockets | The Reel Network.

1. lala

July 28, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Jhonny rockets also have rude employees at seattle pacifoc place mall too. Never went back

2. msd

July 28, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Wow! thanx for the warning. I wont ever eat there. If the attitude is nasty . I dont want that food cause they may spit in it . NO THANX!!!

3. sew

July 28, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I hope they fired that waitress. One has the right to change ones mind, and sit where you please unless it was reserved. But the Queen is the one who commands respect and can sit where ever she likes.

4. Abena

July 28, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I hope this rude stupid excuse for a woman is fired.

5. Gloria Hawkins

July 28, 2014 at 10:18 pm

It is what it is. Unfortunately we have raised a generation of disrespectful youth and adults. However Ms. Franklin could probably buy Rockets and fire the
    rude waitress if she wanted to.

6. Sarah

July 28, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Did that fool ever listen to the song? “R E S P E C T” . Did that fool also knew that she was yelling at THE QUEEN OF SOUL? Idiot.

7. Ron

July 28, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Maybe Aretha should buy the place and then fire the waitress.

8. norman Russell

July 28, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Disgusting to say the least……..obviously as we comment the rude waitress would have been out of a job.Proper service,respect to all regardless of class,colour or creed MUST be the hallmark of the restaurant chain…..Oprah suffered the same disrespect when the sales clerk told her the bag was expensive…..insinuating she cannot afford to purchase it

9. butch

July 28, 2014 at 11:05 pm

U guys act like Aretha is above every person GOD created…SMDH!

10. Veronica, FITCHETT

July 28, 2014 at 11:23 pm

That Waitress should be on her nees that she live to get s old as MS FRANKLIN N HOPE SHE GETS THE REPECT AS SHE LIVE HER LIFE. BECAUSE THE WRONGS. U DO COME BACK TO U N URS.ASK GOD FOR EVERYONE U DISRESPECT FOR FORGIVENESS BECAUSE WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES.AND HE FORGIVES.

11. joi

July 28, 2014 at 11:41 pm

SHE NEEDS HER FACE SLAPPED!

12. John Peoples

July 28, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Well, no one should be disrespected, and by that employee admitting she didn’t care shows that behavior is tolarted and taught by management. Shame on Johnny Rocket’s.

13. Valerie Edge

July 29, 2014 at 12:07 am

With all the disrespect and killing with these cops it make you feel like you are back in the 60 ‘ s as for the comment from butch it didn’t have to be Ms Franklin it could have been you or your own family members…think before you speak, because I can assume you feel like the waitress, Bless you and the waitress.

14. Kelly

July 29, 2014 at 12:43 am

Can somebody please tell me what she has done for Blacks?
    I get the whole came thru the 60’s, 70’s thing. Sang for King before and after death.
    Sang for President Obama’s Swearing in.
    Not sure what else. Just know that she continually kept telling folks,”don’t you know who I am?”
    Truly no disrespect! Just curious……….

• Phyllis

July 29, 2014 at 12:10 pm

@Butch & Kelly: It DOESN’T matter WHO she is, or WHAT she’s done. It’s a matter of RESPECT, first of all for ELDERLY people, second, for the WAITRESS HERSELF!!…Had your mom or dad been given that same treatment, you would be fuming at this point, and DEMANDING the waitress (especially if she was Black), be fired. These ‘New AGE’ individuals seem to think they can treat people any kind of way, and be justified in their doing so. These are the people who make it bad for other individuals who know their job, and how to perform it.There should be a rule by Management, for people who order take-out and then change their mind, and want to be seated. After all, look what’s happening now! I’ve never even been to Johnny Rockets..do I now want to go there?…HELL NO!!!..Because if that EVER happened to me, or my Mom (who I take out frequently to eat), she would probably be fired, but not before I stomp a mudhole in her ass!!!

15. Douglas Jones

July 29, 2014 at 12:56 am

Search it Kelly and read it for yourself and you will know. This post was about a waitress and her.

16. Deanie1913

July 29, 2014 at 2:35 am

Kelly, the contributions she & her father made during the 60s-80s were valuable financially but even more valuable as role models. I will never forget her support of Angela Davis when it was considered anti-American.

17. heff

July 29, 2014 at 4:58 am

Aretha Franklin is a very rude and disrespectful person. I know a lot of people (black, white and Asian) who wish they could smack her fat face

18. Ric

July 29, 2014 at 8:16 am

Wow my advice to her is go see a doctor

19. Ric

July 29, 2014 at 8:34 am

Let me expand on this, her job is not to shout at customers never mind the soul goddess I live in the uk and everyone knows the soul goddess

20. Ric

July 29, 2014 at 8:37 am

In the comments section a person said what has she done for black, my advice is help yourself educate yourself. Network. Ect do not expect handouts that’s crazy.

21. Khalif El'Muhammad

July 29, 2014 at 9:56 am

I’m finna go down dere n beat her stank’n ass right now..

22. Cookie

July 29, 2014 at 10:55 am

No one should work in the public w/ poor cust svc skills bottom line. In response to curious WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR BLACKS is the question you should be asking!

23. LeahO

July 29, 2014 at 11:50 am

Should’ve asked to speak with the manager.

24. william alexander

July 29, 2014 at 2:28 pm

hey Hey Aretha was wrong absolutely all wrong…and as with a lot of woman they don’t tell the whole story…so according to Aretha she ordered her food to go, but her and her people decided to sit down (a tactic most of us broke asses do)and take up space…ARETHA WRONG ARETHA WRONG pay the damn 32 cents ya cheap ass…you knew you was sittin down when you ordered the food!!!

• Jacqueline Dickens

July 30, 2014 at 1:26 pm

You are one of the people who must live on a tiny planet. There are a lot of us, especially diabetics, who purchase “take Out” because we are tired and want to go home or to our rooms and relax over our meal and suddenly need to stop and eat at once. Changing your mind at the last minute should not be punishable by rude unfeeling people. The girl’s salary was not going up nor was “Johnny Rockets” going to miss &.32 cents out of all the wasted food they have in the back each and every day. Any way you look at this, the waitress was in the wrong!

25. The Who Whos

July 29, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Let’s get the address to JOHNNY ROCKET on line or mailing address and let them how who IGNORANT this TRASH POOR WHITE GIRL treated a customer in general..

26. ciinnamon

July 29, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Butch you must be some ki.d of young fool

27. claudia d james

July 29, 2014 at 10:57 pm

what ever happened to “the customer is always right”? what was the big fuckin deal if she sat at a table? “good marketing doesn’t mean good business” negative publicity is never good. people will remember this.

• Jacqueline Dickens

July 30, 2014 at 1:31 pm

You are correct! Hopefully, this gets back to Headquarters. It makes it even worst that this was a white talking to a black person. It may not have been racist on her part, but who could tell? It is impossible to separate these things out from bigotry or just nastiness.

28. Robin Lawrence

July 30, 2014 at 8:23 am

I am not surprised at any thing in regards to this generation! Word of mouth can destroy a business too bad that such a thing happened to the Queen of soul/too bad it happens to any one. Business need to invest in training young people on how to speak to grown folks . As far as what has Ms. Franklin done for black people, stand up and do something for yourself, that is the problem with, “some” black folks the only time that free should come in to play is when we are talking about Salvation! Hey dawg, Get a J O B!!!

29. Jacqueline Dickens

July 30, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Hunger has caused my husband and me to sit at an eating place after having asked for take out. No one has been that rude or even seem to care that we sat instead of leaving. This young person should be given options, work in the back or cleaning crew without interacting with customers, get some training in interpersonal conduct, or/and get fired. I would like to have seen someone embarrass her by calling the local news people to take her picture. Okay. I know that is mean, but what she did was just mean to anyone!

30. Meghann

July 30, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Well, my caucasian boss told me one time that he did not understand why African-Americans separate each other by skin color, the way they talk, education etc., because ALL “whites” view all of us the “SAME”. He said he saw no difference in ALL African-Americans. He said when he looks at one of us all he sees is just a “black” person. I was very offended because first I am not a color and a negative color at that and I am not like every other AFrican-American as we are all unique.

So, this should be no shock that this waitress behaved in this manner. She said just what she meant, she did not care who Ms. Franklin is and all she saw was an African-American and she has no respect obviously for African-Americans.

That is why our President is treated so badly, all most caucasians see is a man with African DNA, they do not see an educated Harvard man who is President.

But, our men give caucasian women the utmost respect in most cases…go figure! It is just bad breeding from the “massa”.

31. Kikay Exum

July 31, 2014 at 11:28 am

That would be a perfect time to speak up or catch a case…reason…disrespecting our elders!! I am an elder who is willing and able to get down with the get down, if NECESSARY!! To you butch….she is an GODDESS not g..d. the white man’s best friend!!

32. BizG

August 2, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I have long cherished the talent, class, and ‘veteran’ entertainment track record of Ms. Aretha Franklin; but, I’m also an avid “between-the-lines” reader, and did not miss the lack of proper articulation in the statement: “It seemed she had ordered takeout but decided to sit at a table.” I’ll always love Ree Ree, but eating nasty fattening faux-food at that type of establishment is like asking for ignorant asinine treatment from someone who probably eats the same c.rap! Pack some fruits and nuts to gain your health and self respect!