News

Chick-Fil-A shuts its cash registers in honor of fallen police officer

Chick-Fil-A has been heavily criticized for it’s commitment to Christian values, but the company has been praised by some as having a unique determination to putting principles over profits.   Dan Cathy, the company’s president, has stated that his religious beliefs make it impossible for him to support gay marriage, which led to backlash from the gay community.  However, Christians came out and supported the company in droves to show their appreciation for the company’s decision to not follow the most popular political trends.

Chick-Fil-A owners in Griffin, Georgia have also received praise for another act that many corporations would not replicate.  Officer Kevin Jordan was killed in the line of duty, and as a show of respect to the officer,  the company told its customers that it was going to honor the fallen policeman by shutting its doors during the time that Jordan’s funeral precession was going past its restaurant.

Company officials put a sign on the door with the following notice:

READ MORE via Financial Juneteenth | Chick-Fil-A shuts its cash registers in honor of fallen police officer.

1. ciinnamon

June 16, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I was there in Georgia for 4 months and I ate there several times a week. They have the best grilled chicken and ice cream ever. I love you sir for standing for what u believe as a Christian. When I go bak for a visit I will bevsure to eat there again.

2. Walter Ross

June 16, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Dan Cathy, thanks for going the extra mile to demonstrate your stance on what you believe in. You put up your dukes, whether the issue is popular or not.I like that. I’m hungry I think I will get a spicy chicken sandwich from the Chick-Fil-A on Pin Oak here in Katy.

3. Corbin

June 16, 2014 at 11:05 pm

I do not eat chicken and the chicken that I have seen people order from Chick fil A looks as dry as Donald Sterling. However, I do appreciate them not caving to the bullies who think that we all should support gay marraiges, etc. Gay is wrong. Now and forever.

4. ericaf

June 17, 2014 at 8:40 am

Having Godly morals and principles that you believe in and stand on goes a long way. Everybody doesn’t have to agree with or support gay marriage, but you have to treat everyone with respect, being gay is not a human rights issue because nobody sees you are gay (for the most part)

5. Ann G.

June 17, 2014 at 11:58 am

If you are a true Christian, you should stand up for what you believe, I don’t believe in homosexuality either. I can’t stand the thought of two men or women being together for it turns my stomach but they are the ones that will have to bear the cross come judgment day not me, so I leave them to their own devices right or wrong. Every Christian on this earth has committed a sin at some time in their life including the CEO of Chick-Fil-A! So I say let him or her without sin cast the first stone!

• Frankie Obrian

June 19, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Cmon sugar lighten up nothing hotter than @babes eating clams@@!`a couple of hairy dudeslick each others balls is a whole different game

6. Marcia Mechelle

June 17, 2014 at 2:11 pm

@KStewart– Why can’t Mr. Cathy stand up for what he believe in? It’s a free country and with his freedom he didn’t harm anyone. Just stated his belief system which is not for the homosexual activity. He didn’t force his religion on to anyone — Was asked a question, he then answered. And, top level executive or no top level executive what’s wrong with that? Again, it’s a free country and he not only has contributed to it, lives in it– should be allowed too to voice his opinion in it. Again, he had no hatred there against anyone as some do. SO YES WE DO SUPPORT HIM/ THE BUSINESS. Besides Mr. Stewart, don’t you think what he did was honorable and someone else just captured/ publicized it, NOT HIM… God Bless All of You!!!

• Marcia Mechelle

June 17, 2014 at 2:12 pm

sorry sir, “believes” in… correction out here. know how we get…

• Frankie Obrian

June 19, 2014 at 10:51 pm

its only skin

7. Camilla A. Churchwell-Swift

June 20, 2014 at 5:15 pm

May He R.I.P. Praying for his Family 24-7…