Celebrities

Patti LaBelle Regrets Plastic Surgery, Says She Wishes She’d Accepted Her Nose

Patti Labelle says she regrets getting a nose job. www.naturallymoi.com

Reported by April Taylor

Patti LaBelle recently told “Access Hollywood” that she regrets having plastic surgery done to reshape her nose. LaBelle stated during the interview that it is the only plastic surgery she has ever had done on her face or body and that if she could go back in time and have a conversation with her younger self, she would tell her not to have an issue with the way she looked.

LaBelle added that she felt her nose was too big. She made the following statement: “I was beating up myself for the way my nose looked and my nose was fine before I changed it, but it was my way of thinking that once I got on TV it’s gonna look bigger.” LaBelle also stated that she wishes she would have just embraced being herself.

LaBelle is an award winning singer who has been in the music industry for more than five decades. She spent 16 years as the lead singer of Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles. Some of her most well known hits during her solo career include, “On My Own,” “If You Asked Me To,” and “If Only You Knew.” She has sold more than 50 million records worldwide.

LaBelle has been inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Apollo Hall of Fame, and the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame. She has also won the Legend Award from the World Music Awards.

She is considered one of the pioneers of the disco movement and is listed on Rolling Stones magazine’s 100 Greatest Singers List. Her musical influence has impacted a wide range of artists including Luther Vandross, Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, and Whitney Houston.

Source

1. Toni

May 27, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I think Patti’s nose job looks good. There is never anything wrong with accepting yourself but, if you want to change a little here and there it is okay too.

I think any surgery she has had has enhanced her appearance.

2. Bucktooth

May 27, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Definitely better! Gorgeous with surgery!

3. Mark

May 27, 2014 at 5:05 pm

• Rick

May 28, 2014 at 6:57 am

Beginning to wake up? I was 20 years old when the Black is Beautiful movement was prevalent. That was 40 years ago. Natural hair, dark skin and negroid features were all embraced. Predictably, it did not last. Now sistah’s have to have that weave and Jet and Ebony have gone back to featuring only light-skinned sisters with straight hair and Euro features. Beginning to wake up? No – we had it and surrendered it.

• John

May 29, 2014 at 5:33 am

“You know it’s funny i remember when sister Patty got that nose job…Some cultural friends were offended….They felt that she didn’t love her African features…I think this is coming out because of the new acceptance movement that is going on with African women,,,This movement seems to be spear headed by Lupida and a few of the dark skinned fashion models.I’m glad our women are beginning to wake up…..I just wish that we wouldn’t wait until we get the thumbs up from other people (whites and the white media) to love ourselves.”

Why do you generalize white people? I am a white man and I didn’t need a thumbs-up from anyone to find the features of African-descended women to be very attractive, whether they are on Patti Labelle, Serena Williams or Vanessa Williams.

4. jboogie

May 27, 2014 at 5:08 pm

I’m a man that have been question in my pass about my choice in women. I love a beautiful woman, but I do look at certain thing on a woman to encourage my choosing of her. I wish more women would accept themselves, including men to help more of us to be accepted by us. Blacks in particular, and mainly black women are having a hard time accepting themselves and admiring the black man. Seeing pictures of Ms Patti earlier days; I would have rather seen her with her noise before surgery. She’s a beautiful woman over all.

• David Bridges

June 5, 2014 at 11:52 am

I’m with you jboogie. I liked Patti with her natural hair, dark skin and black nose! I wish black women would learn to love themselves as God made them. There’s not a more “messed around” (aesthetically altered)woman on the face of the Earth than the African American woman.

5. Daisy

May 27, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I don’t blam Patti. She looked good before, and she looks good afterwards. It was her choice and she did what she thought was best for her at the time. I am 59 years old and if I feel that I need a little nip and tuck I am going to get it. I don’t want look 20 or 30, I just want to look as good as I can for my age.

• Anike

May 27, 2014 at 8:00 pm

@Daisy, ITA, I see nothing at all wrong with her enhancing her look and marketability via cosmetic surgery.

For those saying, “It’s too bad she wasn’t happy with what God gave her” well, she was, she just enhanced it.

Further, I wonder if Black women who make that statement have NEVER straightened their hair with even a pressing comb, not to mention a perm. Altering the texture of ones hair with even a hot comb would NOT allow it to remain as “God gave it to her”

Patty, you look good and I wish you every happiness.

6. Sherl Murphy

May 27, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Nikki from The Bronx ….
    I like the way Ms. Patti looks. If it made her feel good at the time about herself then who are we to judge. I guess as one blogger put it that a lot of attention has been about Ms. Lupita’s unique looks and has been recognized for her African beauty, it hasn’t always been that way. Just ask a sista, OK! If Ms. Patti didn’t feel good in her own skin as an African American woman who had a rather large nose perhaps she did what she needed to do to survive in this culturely divisive World we live in. However, I must say as an African American woman that if I didn’t wear a wig to these interviews, I really believe that I would not have gotten some jobs. Case in point, the military right now is dictating how African American women should not wear a certain type of braid. The Caucasian race needs to embrace ALL cultures, ethnicities and religion that’s what America is suppose to be an all- inclusive society. Be a representative and recognized as an example to other foreign countries. So you brothers out there, please don’t judge us too harshly because what us sistas have to go thru ain’t cute to be accepted in a predominately White community. Believe that!

7. Cindie

May 27, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Patti — native daughter of Pennsylvania — is a beautiful woman and an extraordinary singer — before and after the nose job. I loved her music “back in the day”, and I still love her music!

May you live long and well, Miss LaBelle!

8. SweetTweet

May 27, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Patti’s new nose still looks like an African nose — just smaller.

• John

May 29, 2014 at 5:35 am

“Patti’s new nose still looks like an African nose — just smaller.”

Agreed.

9. Regina

May 27, 2014 at 7:57 pm

I don’t care either way. She is a beautiful QUEEN.

10. Corbin

May 27, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I think it was a very wise decision to have her nose done. She looks SO MUCH BETTER!!

• gee

May 28, 2014 at 1:31 am

THANK YOU..SHE LOOKS 100% BETTER. NO SHAME IN WANTING TO LOOK BETTER OR FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF!

11. jake

May 27, 2014 at 11:46 pm

The prevalence of nose jobs indicate the esthete of the subordinated negro of today. African Americans for the most part are a subjugated slave people. The most devastating part is in the area of aesthetics. One reason why African Americans would probably never escape the chains of servitude;

12. Sistagirl from the Boogie Down Bronx

May 28, 2014 at 7:40 am

I totally agree with the comments of Jacqueline E. Irons! Your new nose is beautiful and you were empowered by the change.

Love the new you Ms. Patti Girl!

13. Ann G.

May 28, 2014 at 11:43 am

Sorry she felt she had to have surgery, Jews have big noses but you don’t see them running to plastic surgeons, you looked fine just the way God made you. When we as humans learn to accept the way God created us, then and only then will we learn to accept life with class. We need to stop wanting to be White and accept being Black.

• sawitcoming

May 28, 2014 at 10:05 pm

What??? For many middle eastern people, girls especially, include Jews as middle eastern get nose jobs all the time. It’s practically a rite of passage for many of them.

14. Betty

May 28, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Everybody please stop all of this bull****. You did the right thing Patti…if you don’t like something about yourself then you have the right to change it. You shouldn’t regret wanting to make yourself look the way YOU’LL fell comfortable. And ppl..stop using God to guilt ppl. That’s like telling an obese person not to loose weight because God wants you to be fat and get diabetes. Give it a rest.

15. sawitcoming

May 28, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Ok the new nose looks more proportionate. She didn’t go and get a Caucasian nose. Seriously her small lips and that huge nose looked weird.

16. Estimating the price of a kitchen improvement project will also involve negotiations using the
    skilled workers. Patch Small Holes in Drywall Home Improvement
    Project. a) It is pricey depending on whether you might be employing
    a DIY system or you’re hiring the services of a remodeler.

Have a look at my site – blocked toilet Pompano Beach seafood festival

17. dascor plumbing pompano beach fl

August 8, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Read on to find the vocabulary you will need and links
    to sites with house plans. Patch Small Holes in Drywall Home Improvement Project.

If you have you ought to really just simply following that link.

my weblog: dascor plumbing pompano beach fl

18. Sherman Mccallun

March 4, 2020 at 12:02 pm

I really appreciate your help with my project!

19. Dwayne Churan

March 18, 2020 at 10:29 pm

50 OFF to get all private proxies – obtain proxies right now with https://DreamProxies.com

20. Drug Abuse Treatment

March 26, 2020 at 4:40 am

Drug Abuse Rehabilitation Center http://aaa-rehab.com Drug Rehab Near Me http://aaa-rehab.com Free Substance Abuse Counseling