A white Jewish guy really wants to understand black female hair

hair

I saw an article the other day from Black Media Scoop called “Is That Your Real Hair?”

Some of the items are silly but others are serious.

It got me thinking.  Let me start by saying I am extremely interested in African American culture.  It may seem cliché, but as I think back it may have started with “Roots”.  OK, I can hear the groans of disapproval and skepticism and “Did he really say that?”  I am curious about certain things but I cannot get myself to ask.  So how can I do it without offending?

Let’s start with one of the not-too-serious ones:  The hairdos of Black women are so amazing; I really want to know if it’s real hair or extensions or a weave.

READ MORE via QUESTIONS WHITE PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER ASK ABOUT BLACK HAIR! | The Reel Network.

1. Eljir

May 15, 2014 at 1:36 pm

It is appreciated that ur interested in black culture, but u have to understand first and foremost that black culture startd hundreds of thousands of years before roots and Kunta Kente. U r truly short changing urself to start ur research of a strong beautiful people at a pivotal and vulnerable period in life. U deny urself the real and xtreme historical truth of contribution thru the countless of just life and applyin its essentials. Creatin heart and brain surgery thousands of yrs b4 what we call today “modern medicine”. There is the collaboration with so many others past and present. If its afican women`s hair that sparks ur interest and intrigues u it is strongly recommended to start from the beginning bcause not only is it rich but also educational and enlightening.
    May that interest u have spark ur research to be fruitful and truthful to possibly enlighten other from ur background and decent other for profit and exploitation.

2. keenah p

May 15, 2014 at 1:37 pm

They are curious because they want our hair…the end!

• Clarice

May 15, 2014 at 8:19 pm

They had and some of them still have, our hair, Mr.White Jew, maybe you should start your research by studying your own history, you are the simitic cousin to the Arabs right? they have African blood running through their veins also. maybe these black women are trying as hard as your people have, to assimilate into white people. Get a real life and stop trying to play crazy, we know who You are.

• mrA

May 15, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Thank you Ms. Clarice, you just said a mouthful!!! Some of these people are just outright dumb. Keep on preaching the truth……….amen!

• Devon

May 19, 2014 at 12:59 am

Haha that oogly Sheryl Underwood said who want afro hair, nobody want it, whites love their long straight flowing hair that why the blackest nappiest head chicks stay in those oogly weave and they stank too becuz beitches dont wash that sheit for months until they take it out for a new weave, sheit be stankin like sweaty feet and azz.

3. ebrima kinteh

May 15, 2014 at 2:01 pm

You are not alone when you ask about black women’s hair . I am a Black man, and I at a loss as to why a human being would go to great length to possess what nature did not factor in, when being built as a Black woman . I have seen some sisters jeromemk their head back and to the side as a white woman would do the control her hair. What going on? Our daughters grew up playing with too many Barbi dolls.
    There are proud Black women who keep to their natural self, yes, natural hair, but what the majority wear is either synthetic, shavened hair from religious rituals at Indian temples, of frankly from cadavers. How many of them know about the origin of these hair extensions ?

Black women need to get back to themselves. The recent rise of an African movie star with natural dark looks may help steer perception of Black Beauty in the right direction.

Meanwhile the cost of these extensions or weaves drains the family budget, leaving some Black women with difficult choices; put proper food on the table for your children, or opt to go for the star look.

4. Gregory

May 15, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Hopefully we can see right through this question it absolutely comes down to money and how they can exploit black people further ,however you can’t blame them this is what they do ,they done this for years and are still doing it ,let’s examine one of their biggest products that black people are consumed with ,jewelry look at the first three letters in jewelry and I rest my case — JEW

• Clarice

May 15, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Let us be serious, Jews are not that far removed from having kinky hair themselves, if anyone should understand african hair it is the jews. remember Jesus was a jew and was described as hair like lambs wool, now that they have almost completed their assimilation to being white people,
      they all of a sudden want to know about african hair, oh really?

• Read and think !

May 16, 2014 at 10:29 am

Please check the history. The letter j canne from the letter I and k did not exist until 500 hundreds ago. No race during the biblical times began with the letter j . Original Hebrews were Black.