Financial Lovemaking: Love & Hip-Hop Star’s Sexx Tape

In this video, Dr Boyce Watkins and Jet Magazine’s S. Tia Brown discuss the decision by Mimi Faust on Love & Hip-Hop to release a sexx tape.  There are some serious Financial Lovemaking questions that should be asked about the decision by this mother of a young child to put herself out there on video just to make money.  There is also the question of why the producers of the show decided that they wanted to help promote the tape in order to make the show more successful.

This begs a few interesting questions:

1) How far are people willing to go for money?

2) What does this say about poor choices in relationshps and how they affect our kids?

3) Is this a manifestation of the STD epidemic, and irresponsible parenting?

Dr Boyce Watkins and S. Tia Brown are the authors of the book, “Financial Lovemaking.” Check out the video below:

[leadplayer_vid id=”534EB567E3FAD”]

1. Eye-Riss

April 16, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Mimi Faust will eventually regret this decision, to go public with a sex tape. Clearly this is not someone she loves but has a lustful relationship with. The last I saw the show she kicked the sex tape partner to the curb when Stevie bought her a new car. Unfortunately it shows our young women that to get a head, you have to spread your legs and the more publically done, the more money can be made. It is not about ethics, morals or even love. It is about money and doing ANYTHING for money is always a bad decision. I just wish Mimi had more respect for herself, her abilities and skills and not resort to sluttish behavior to make a buck. How will her daughter feel when she sees it at 13 or 14? How will she feel when friends talk about her mother and what they saw her doing. People have to realize what you do today can last in the media for decades. It is just a sad shame the state the black community is in.

2. chris

April 16, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Our ancestors have got to be rolling over in agony watching this madness. They worked so hard to uplift themselves and their family and community only to see such low life behavior..its called bedroom behavior for a reason. Our genitalia was once referred to as our “privates” for a reason.

3. ericaf

April 16, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Didn’t he tell her she was damaged goods? Another low self esteem sister just lowered herself further in the gutter.

4. Veronica anderson

April 16, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Protect your self before have sex, that’s her body she can do anything
    With used your brain.
    Go ahead go Mimi.

5. Mitchell rose

April 17, 2014 at 4:55 am

Either a women is a housewife or prostitute and apparently she choose a prostitute so it is what it is, checkout http://www.katrinasdiary.com

6. aleximaq

May 26, 2014 at 2:55 pm

This just sad….we as Black people have gone from sugar to shyt since my childhood….Now of course I was not smart enough back then to be thankful for the life my parents afforded to me and my siblings…but now I do…I literally called my mother last week and for the first in 20 years we were able to talk about how our family was just almost destroyed when my older sister died from injuries in a car accident. She told me that when they left the hospital that morning(I had already been removed because I just lost it)she made the decision that she was not going to make a liar out of our God…and because she had the rest of us to think about…but anyway….people need to do more talking before doing….it really can save you from a world of heartache and trouble…..