Apparently, the Real Housewives are now Punching Each other in the Face

porsha-kenya

By Liku Zelleke

The Real Housewives of Atlanta (ROHA) doesn’t look like it is a place where ladies are to be found, it seems. At least not when there are fights involved and the police have to intervene to keep the peace between them.

The ROHA does have its more than fair share of screaming matches followed by lots of cold shoulders, but during the reunion Kenya Moore and Porsha Stewart took it to a whole new level – first screaming at each other and then assault and hair pulling.

Moore and Stewart have a long, bitter history between them. In 2012 (season 5), when Stewart was the new girl on the block, Moore called her “naïve” and a “heifer” and has been on her case ever since, right from the moment she set eyes on her.

During season six, Moore went so far as to say that Porsha was a “beard” for her NFL pro husband, Kordell Stewart, during the aftermath of her split.

Well, the bad blood between them must have finally boiled over, because during the reunion taping, Moore called the police on Stewart after she allegedly attacked her at The Biltmore hotel in Atlanta.

A 911 tape has been released by TMZ, and in it, Moore a little out of breath but still in control of her senses calmly says, “I’ve just been assaulted. She hit me in my head and was fighting; hitting me.”

Moore tells the police dispatcher that her attacker is Porsha Williams and goes on to describe her ethnicity (black), what she’s wearing (a gold dress) and whether she had a weapon (no).

When asked what it was exactly that had happened, she answers that Porsha was “fighting her”, “hitting her in the head” and that she didn’t need medical care.

The police were dispatched to scene.

Eyewitnesses said that the fight wasn’t as dramatic as Moore said it was – there was some hair pulling, but it was all over in a blink of an eye and no one was injured.

It is not clear whether Moore will press charges against Williams, but there are rumors that ROHA is seriously considering whether or not Williams needs to be fired because she violated their no-tolerance-to-violence policy.

It looks like we’ll just have to wait and see.

1. Charlene Johnson

April 1, 2014 at 7:05 pm

This show (RHOA) has deteriorated to “Ghetto Fabulous Housewives of Atlanta”. A bunch of women acting like immature high school girls- fighting in public … REALLY?!
    Watch it girls, those weaves will come off, and you can go on Jerry Springer’s show.

• DJ

April 1, 2014 at 11:00 pm

It was always that way. I don’t know why people are so surprised. There has been a fight every other season.

2. Tasha Smith

April 1, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Wasn’t it just last week Porsha was complaining about Wendy Williams making black women look bad? Don’t get me wrong I’m no fan of Wendy Williams but Porsha you must control yourself. When you open yourself up for the world to see on the show you open yourself up for criticism you should have expected it. Porsha should absolutely be fired tules are rules and they must be follow. You cannot let others push you to the point that you no longer look like yourself

3. Bucktooth

April 1, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Here We go! Playing that dumb..angry black woman, and white people think that’s the way we are! When is it going to change? Just to be seen on TV? They look stupid! I’ve peeked in on the shows thinking they might change..alas here are two beautiful sisters fighting and pulling each others fake hair..so sad! This is one reason why we as a people never get ahead..just so sad..I really thought a former Miss USA would ever act the way she does for any amount of money! The former Ms. USA’s are doing tons of great things and not doing any RHO shows. These reality shows are just making ALL races look bad!!

4. Nikki from the Bronx ....

April 1, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I really don’t like Kenya Moore, she’s such a troublemaker and don’t know why Bravo keeps her on, oh, but wait a minute, I think Bravo thinks that its good TV, huh! Some one else said (can’t remember who said it) that the whole cast needs to be fired since there was a lot of drama (peeps getting in each other’s face and starting to become violent). That’s Reality TV alright!

• mrA

April 1, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Hey Nikki it’s the drama that keeps this show on the air! 4 some reason we always have 2 be shown in a negative light and especially in the media!!

5. jackie

April 1, 2014 at 8:09 pm

No one gets fired on the New Jersey housewives show and they are all out balling over there.

6. Corbin

April 1, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Just cancel the show. Why was Kenya there to begin with? She is not a housewife. She is a househoe. If they won’t cancel the show, then just replace all of the couples.

7. Pernetta Dowling

April 1, 2014 at 10:39 pm

WE as a People of color should demand better “broadcasting” on television. This “junk” is detrimental to our young girls and young people in general. I refuse to “patronize” those shows that depict us in such a shallow and negative light! If WE all take a stand and refuse to watch and the neilsen ratings will reflect that and they would have to take it off because it wouldn’t be profitable! I’m glad they are not the majority betrayal of “black” women (Atlanta). We need to pray for those women! For REAL!

8. Milwood

April 1, 2014 at 11:15 pm

The show allowed a situation to boil over, everybody kissing ne-Neva’s- like she’s a slave owner. It was just a matter of time that was going to happen. Kenya needed her butt kicked from her first day on the show. What about other shows with fighting going on??

9. ericaf

April 1, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Disgrace, black people on reality TV are getting worse daily. That kind of behavior was relegated to white trash we would see, but now it’s all the ghetto nigg£r$, who looks like us. Shameful

• Devon

April 2, 2014 at 2:24 am

And you watch that sheit.

10. Satchel

April 2, 2014 at 12:58 am

It’s bad enough to see beautiful black woman fighting in public, but when it is played on television and social media, like savages it makes me want to spit.

11. Sharon Harper

April 2, 2014 at 2:00 am

At this point I am sick of the Atlanta Housewives. All of them have issues. To me Porsha never fitted in and she is not very bright. I was done with her when she thought the underground railroad was actually a train. I like Kenya although she can do better elsewhere. I love Kandi because she can hold her own and is a good business woman. All she needs to do is to set momma in her place because momma ain’t going any where. Phadra needs to quit the BS with her southern charm and lets see if her attorney skills is going to keep her out of jail.. I like Cynthia but she needs to grow some courage. NeNe is getting beside her self,but I guess since she is a rich bitch it don’t matter what the viewers think any way.

12. Devon

April 2, 2014 at 2:23 am

Ratchet azz h@es.

13. Ann

April 2, 2014 at 6:09 am

The show needs to go!!

14. Karen

April 2, 2014 at 7:01 am

These are LADIES? These are REAL HOUSEWIVES? My how the mighty have fallen! Kenya needs deliverance and the entire show should be trashed. I watched it since it was free on DISH last month! Glad I don’t pay for it! You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear!

15. Charlotte McKenzie

April 2, 2014 at 9:38 am

What are we teaching our young women? When I see young women and their young children watching this show I cringe. The young children are beginning to carry this dramatic behavior to school. I hope everyone understands the consequences of this kind of behavior in schools. Women who act like this certainly do not attract men. Just the opposite. It is adetraction. No wonder men are going to the other side.

Is there no such thing as social responcibility?

16. Rev. George Brooks

April 2, 2014 at 9:48 am

All, or most of these women are are an absolute degradation of our black women all across America, including black women of the past as well. And all of these chicks need to GO AND GET A JOB, OR A BUSINESS OF THEIR OWN, and do something more meaningful with their lives. For they, for the most part, are nothing but “money-hustlers, with very bad attitudes, and are filled with too much “gutter-ism.” And lacking class, respectfulness, decency, education and intellect. And I could say much more, but I’ll stop here because I need to go to the bathroom and vomit.— Rev. George Brooks

17. T Savannah Georgia

April 2, 2014 at 10:25 am

I think Kenya tries very hard to maintain her dignity and be a lady on this show. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to pay the bills. She is making paper but must put her beautiful self in this somewhat trashy show until other opportunities come her way.

18. Ann G.

April 2, 2014 at 1:28 pm

If you notice each of these “Housewives” shows are all about fighting and degrading each other! I am hoping it is just the show and they don’t act this way in real life! Because everyone that I know would never be friends with a group of women that talked and treated each other the way they do. Lets just hope it is entertainment!

19. Corky Johnson

April 2, 2014 at 1:55 pm

It’s all about rating’s, can’t we all get alone ( LOL ).

20. Venita

April 2, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Why do these women even agree to put this mess on TV. I don’t know about the rest of the women out here, but I don’t want to be portrayed as a loud, overdressed, not my own hair (including NeNe), fake that is trying to make someone believe they are wealthy and living the life that none of us will ever have.

They are ridiculous and shallow! Besides, if they are not married, why have the title “Housewives”?

21. VSR

April 2, 2014 at 3:02 pm

This is nothing more than a modern day minstrel show without blackface and heads tied up.The best way to get this garbage off the air is stop watching and stop buying any products advertised during airtime. Without ratings and ad revenue these broads will be gone so fast it would make your head spin. Unfortunately we have animosity in our community, way too many images negating the rich beauty of black women. We need to focus on holding each other up in sisterhood and let crap like RHOA go permanently and quietly into cancellation from the broadcast airwaves.

22. ana

April 2, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Kenya and Porsha need to grow up and stop acting like hoodrats.They are beautiful ladies,and a bit too old for this type of behavior.They should set a more positive example for our young ladies,and stop making a fool of themselves to make other people rich.

23. keenah p

April 2, 2014 at 8:28 pm

**Crickets

24. Darlene

April 3, 2014 at 1:11 am

Such a display of hatred amongst beautiful women is the workings of a producer losing his/her mind. The ratings are going to go through the roof now. Kenya is a REAL actress and producer. I am sure she could get scripted roles or create her own sitcom or dramatic series. Nene is a loud mouth country goon who is so jealous of Kenya’s looks. Porsha needs to get her butt in some college because she clearly did not pay attention in school She and most people in that age category of today seem to be missing a few screws in the brains department. She is too old to not have established her own life before the marriage. And if she spent less time shopping and buying weaves and being loud when confronted people would take her serious. This is a fake show, like all of them. These girls are overacting to stay on the show. I am not impressed. At least Kandi is using the media to further her career and increase her revenue. Cynthia is hanging on but still she and her man are able to promote their businesses. Kenya needs to stop trying so hard to have people like her and just stop it with the comments. If you do not want the reactions then watch what you say. Phraedra clearly is scornful and probably jealous of Kenya. But at the end of the day these ladies can do more good if they got together and invest in the lives of the females in group homes that need help. Too much time is spent drinking, eating and fighting on tv. Get a life. This is a waste of digital equipment. Getting dressed up to talk ignorant and fight is low class. Cannot take the hood out of some people.

25. godfather05

April 3, 2014 at 11:37 am

Saw the show one time and could not watch it anymore. However, we see the same thing with white women and no complaints. The women are making money pure and simple. They are paid to be idiots and they are playing their roles very well. However, a couple of them may not be paid to be idiots if you know what I mean.

26. ICDATRUTH

April 3, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Can anyone please tell me what is the fascination with Housewives of I dont give a damn anyway? They are all of the worst examples of how real black women should conduct themselves. To make matters even worst is that is what they do reflects on the sisters all over the country since those who have no contact with blacks in this country view that show as a barometer of how our lovely women act.

And you wonder why that Asian woman look down on you even if she just got off of the boat herself.

27. HiC486

April 4, 2014 at 8:55 am

The shoe is getting harder to watch, because it isn’t uplifting to Black women or younger females at all. It’s troubling to watch the women on the show. None of their lives are noteworthy or appealing.

28. Ron

April 5, 2014 at 10:55 pm

RHOA should fire Kenya’s ass. She is always starting trouble. Hay Bravo, give her a “GONE WITH THE WIND” good bye.

29. Debra H.

April 10, 2014 at 3:29 am

These girls and I do mean girls are guffawing all the way to the bank! I just want to see who else will be in foreclosure or evicted before this tom-foolery is finally ended. It makes no sense in trying to make sense out of why these women put themselves up for this kind of ridicule. If needing fame and fortune is the sole reason these girls make buffoons out of themselves they will never reach Ida Lapita’s status. They are very poor imitations. I wouldn’t buy any thing with their name or likeness on it. I’d rather dumpster dive. Oops! excuse us! Isn’t that really what we’re doing when we watch this? Go figure!!!