Angry Mother Pushes her way into a middle school to confront daughter’s bully

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 11.04.06 PM

An Ohio mom is in big trouble after taking a situation into her own hands.   School officials are investigating a situation in which a woman allegedly came into the Groveport Madison Middle School and assaulted a student who was bullying her daughter.

Police say that the irate mother was able to go after the student because the school’s building is old and made it easy for the woman to get in.

District spokeswoman Dee Copas said that there were safety concerns even before the incident took place.

Irea Nall was kept out of the school initially when she was unable to produce identification.  But she was able to come back into the building as a visitor was leaving and let her in by accident.   That’s when the woman pushed down one of the school’s administrators and forced her way into the cafeteria.

According to police, the angry woman jumped on the table and kicked food at the girl who’d been bullying her daughter.  But the problem was that she hit the wrong student.   She also injured a school administrator.

The woman eventually left the school with her daughters and officials say that her daughter wasn’t being bullied at all.  But the mother does face charges of assault, inciting panic and aggravated trespassing.

Principal Darren Fillman wrote a letter to worried parents explaining the chaos.  He says that the incident has reminded the school to review their safety standards and procedures.

1. Lifeilong

April 4, 2014 at 4:56 am

I can understand her anger but she should have gone to the principal office to complain first, then wait until the bully was brought to the office for a proper interview by the principal. This would have saved her from now being in serious trouble.

2. Neptune

April 4, 2014 at 5:29 am

My child was bullied in a central Virginia school and my wife contacted the school, and they did nothing my wife even wanted a meeting with the other parent and they told her we can’t make the other parent come in, so you suspend the bully until the parent comes in but they did nothing, you must go over their heads straight to the superintendent of schools or contact your local radio station. I told the school you won’t be satisfied until my daughter takes matters in her own hands. Put your child in self defense course it gives them great confidence and YOU won’t have to worry anymore.

• A Changed Hart

April 4, 2014 at 6:44 am

I don’t blame the mother for being irate especially if she went through all of the proper procedures. Mama teach your child how to go plum crazy on that bully and open up a can of whoop a$$ and I bet you the principles, teachers, and the other child’s parent will suddenly have a listening ear then!!! I hate that she assaulted the wrong child, but I guarantee you that her child won’t be bullied again, because they know that lady will come in and regulate like a mother pitbull protecting her pups. More importantly, it’s a shame that it had to lead to this. School systems need to enforce the No Bullying laws because too many of our children are ending up dead or seriously hurt all because these school representatives aren’t protecting these kids. When will they get tired and stand up for them?

• ericaf

April 4, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I remember my pastor saying once when her granddaughter started college about the bullying she was experiencing from some girls and she wanted to quit. Gramma said she was going to get her gun and head out to the school. She was going to drive because you can’t take a gun on the plane. It’s that serious, we need to wake up. Most kids who killed themselves or others have been bullied.

• t_99

April 4, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I agree. One kid picks on my son all of the time and, in general, terrorizes the entire classes. My son is confident that he can handle himself and is aware that this kid may just be trying to start a fight with him, but it is hard to get a kid suspended or expelled. You have to gather your evidence and work the process because schools are not only afraid of the kids, they are also afraid of the crazy parents who will sue.

3. Bob Jones

April 4, 2014 at 6:53 am

Most school staff are “afraid” to confront the bulley. And they have some nerve to say the bully
    Was doing nothing. Bulleying takes place wher admins do not hang out. In my 39 yrs teaching HS I saw a lot of this.
    THE MOTHER IS WRONG IN THIS CASE.

4. Linda Joseph

April 4, 2014 at 7:36 am

Lay Lay and Neptune I agree with you on your views. The staff really needs to pay attention and really enforce the bulling laws. Too many kids lives at stake. This can ruin a childs life and we have too many of our kids going to prison at young ages. Parents go to school and do random sit ins in the classroom. Do a driveby, that will let the staff and children know you mean business. We live in a very cruel world. We need to save our children. God bleas this world.

5. kendra

April 4, 2014 at 7:50 am

The “mom” is the bully.

• Janet George

April 4, 2014 at 10:12 am

Look a here if anyone bully my grandchildren it is on like a bag of popcorn.

6. Betty Lyons

April 4, 2014 at 7:51 am

Well, death seems to have rallied in a lot of bully bully incidents in this country, especially in our schools. Are we burying our heads in the task oriented activities at school not to see we have a major
    problem staring school faculty, staff , school board members, etc.etc. in the face as urgent need for the safety, protective care of the emotional mental care of all students? There is an epidemic of mental incompetence when it comes to parenting skills at an intellectual level to resolve simple issues that comes from learning character traits, good citizenship and common courtesy of RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER AS HUMAN BEINGS. NO RESPECT. . .BULLY IS THE NEW FAD IN THE WORST WAY. BULLY IS THE NEW FASHION STATEMENT FOR POPULARITY. BULLY IS THE NEW DRUG! BULLY IS THE NEW ALCOHOL. BULLY IS OUT SEEKING THE WEAK IN CHARACTER. EDUCATORS WAKE UP!

7. Anike

April 4, 2014 at 9:07 am

Well an adult using violence against another kid is completely wrong. All of you who say you would do it will end up as yet another Black person in jail.

I agree with teaching the kid self defense to get a bully off of them but that too could end up in your kid being suspended. Being suspended however may be the lesser effect of internalizing the experience of being bullied.

This lady showed particularly bad judgment. She beat up (bullied?) a innocent kid. She made the situation worse. Kids can now legitimately tease her kid with; “Remember when your Momma came to school and beat up Taneesha? ha, ha, ha! How long did she stay in jail?!”

Oh well, our families are so fragile. Single moms are so stressed.
    But we cannot expect administrators to raise or over compensate for the lack of nurturing ad stability our kids experience.

Children have always bullied one another but without two parent stable families which by nature was designed to be the norm, our kids and parents are frequently over reacting to hurt, frustration and ending up in jail.
    I don’t feel sorry for the MOM. She is a poor example of how to manage a difficult situation.
    I do feel for ALL of the kids involved.

• Sonya

April 4, 2014 at 12:48 pm

What does having a household with two parents have to do with kids being bullied? True, both parents need to be involved in a child life but It doesn’t matter if you’re single or married, whether you raised your kids the right way or not. At the end of the day kids will do anything if they think they can get away with it. It’s up to the parent(s)to discipline their children and let them know they will not tolerate any bull crap, POINT BLANK PERIOD….

The mom was wrong for approaching a child, the same thing happened to my daughter. A parent came to the school and bullied my daughter and the next day I waited for her after school and straight whooped her a$$. You do not approach a child, not a grown woman that’s just wrong on some many levels. I was not proud of how it made me look but in a situation like that you have to protect your child because the school was not going to do anything. If these schools do not enforce a NO BULLYING policy there are going to be many more parents doing things like she did or worse.

8. Florence

April 4, 2014 at 9:20 am

Before you start judging the mother, we need the whole story both sides, complete picture. I agree she went overboard…waaaay overboard! Nevertheless, I don’t know who writes these articles but they should be more detailed if the person or entity wants true feedback and or comments. Bullying in our schools NEED TO BE ADDRESSED AND STOPPED!!! A child should not have to go to school in fear, IT’S ENOUGH!

9. John

April 4, 2014 at 10:45 am

What about using social media as a vehicle to mobilize and form a parents against bulling organization (I don’t here much anymore about parent-teacher associations)and make sure all the parents are registered to vote. Then, AS AN ORGANIZATION, address the issue with the principal, the superintendent, and the school board (particularly if school board members are elected since they need votes to remain on the school board).

• t_99

April 4, 2014 at 12:44 pm

You don’t hear much about PTAs because the vast majority of parents to do attend. Our PTA conducts a meeting with county officials and psychologists every year about bullying. Hardly anyone attends.

• Zinaville

April 6, 2014 at 12:53 pm

In my community here in Chicago, it’s total parental involvement. The organization is no longer called the PTA, like when I was young, but instead is called the PTO. They meet with the alderman, hold elections, organize committees, fund raise, and so many other incredible things that benefit the kids and community. So glad I found a school with such an incredible group of educated, civilized, and committed community members, parents, and teachers involved in the growth of our children. P.S. Even with all the positive things I mentioned above, ignorant people STILL exist in my community of leaders. There is always gonna be a few misguided individuals.

10. marcus davis

April 4, 2014 at 10:58 am

The mother was only protecting her kids,if kids are being bullied at school and the administratives are,nt doing anything about it ,whats the parent supposed to do?I agree that parents should teach their kids how to defend themselves in cases like this,a few boxing lessons,or basic self defense.Teach them how to fight back.

11. mrbunziii

April 4, 2014 at 11:08 am

I agree she was wrong for attacking the student but we all remember one time or another being terrified by some self conscious, unloved juvenile delinquent who didn’t get enough hugs and enough ass whoopins. They see our moms dropping us off with lunch and a kiss on the cheek, peanut butter & jelly with the edges cut off. The cone to school pissed at the world and raising hell. We send or babies off to school with self esteem and self worth…by the time they get home we’ve got to rebuild them just so they can endure another day.FATHERS BEWARE, Low self esteem = pole dancing. LOL

12. ericaf

April 4, 2014 at 7:45 pm

The school says her daughter was not bullied, code: we didn’t do anything. For her to be that angry, something had to be going on and she was at her wits end. Why do schools wait for serious things to happen before they act in th best interest of the children in their care?

13. truearies

April 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Everyone that is saying the mother was wrong needs to put themselves in her shoes. As a parent I tell my kids not to start things but if someone hits you or bullies you tell the teacher. I have the 3 chance rule in my family. Tell the teacher or administrator 3 times if after the third time nothing is done you hit them back or come tell me and I will handle it. Now this mother was wrong for confronting the wrong child. If I’m gonna confront someone I’m gonna make sure its the right person. Some of these school administrators don’t handle issues such as bullying properly in my opinion. If we don’t stand up for our kids in these types of situations after we have went through proper protocol then who will be advocates for them. I don’t know anyone that’s gonna protect my kids the way I will or go to the extreme. God blessed me with my kids and they were not put in this earth to be mistreated by others especially if the are not bothering them. I’m not saying what this mother did was right because I don’t know all the facts, but until this happens to your child STOP PASSING JUDGMENT!!

14. Wil May

April 5, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Maybe the daughter need to talk to her Mom about self discipline.

15. Yepyep

April 5, 2014 at 4:49 pm

People need to teach their children self defense and when the bully comes around he will experience the ultimate beat that azz down. Stop raising weak azz kids because no one will look out for them not even the schools that force us to send them to them.

16. Duchess

April 6, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Isnt it a shame what society has come to. Too many changes in the laws,that suppose to govern, there are just too many laws “protecting children”, who are bullies, delinquent,and the likes. These laws are destroying homes, by encouraging children in delinquency,being disrespectful to their parents and those in Authority. Most of the school Authority knows that bullying is taking place on their school premises and or outside, and they do nothing to curb the situation. this is what you get when Prayers are no longer a part of the school curriculum, manners is no longer valued and respect for our fellow man has been blown out of the water. Pity, spearing the rod and spoiling the child is what is on the menu of today. Looks like the bible prophecy are ALL coming to pass, are we not living in the era of Vipers. Parents have given up their rolls….hhhhmmmmm! Its never to late to start to make a change, but man takes the easy way out, and then complain and blame, when we suppose to be blaming OURSELVES……..

17. Kimberly

April 6, 2014 at 4:11 pm

My mom stormed up to my school one time and showed out when I was a kid…gee..I never ever had that bullying problem ever again…

18. Norma Jones

April 15, 2014 at 1:00 am

You know what this bullying have gone to for and there is a lots of school isn’t doing anything about it.