Celebrities

Jennifer Hudson Is No Longer With Weight Watchers

split-hudson-0315webBy David Bloodsaw

Songstress Jennifer Hudson will no longer be the ambassador for Weight Watchers. Ms. Hudson began as the company spokesperson in 2010 and now four years later she has dropped 80 pounds. The unofficial American Idol and Weight Watchers’ parting is mutual and amicable reports The New York Daily News.

Hudson had the following to say about her experience with Weight Watchers, “My experience with Weight Watchers has truly been life changing. I am grateful for what I have learned throughout the process and will always take it with me.” Weight Watchers also stated that they feel confident that Ms. Hudson will continue to use their products and remain a lifetime member.

Hudson was motivated to lose weight while pregnant and signed on to be a spokesperson for the brand a year after her baby was born. It was reported that Hudson slimmed down from a size 16 to a size 6. At one point it was alleged that Hudson was down to a size zero. Hudson has since said that she has lost 80 pounds and is done losing weight. There has been some backlash because of her weight loss that she was losing too much. Hudson assured naysayers that 80 pounds was the cutoff point and she will not continue to lose weight.

Weight Watchers has re-upped with another famous face to be a spokesperson – Jessica Simpson. She too wanted to shed some weight after the birth of her baby.

The Dreamgirls star is still on a roll with new projects in the hopper. Hudson will release her third studio album this year. She said it will be more upbeat than her past projects and will feature some heavy hitting producers; Pharrell, R Kelly, Timbaland to name a few. Also she is wrapping up another acting gig with the movie Lullaby, which is scheduled for release this year.

1. Caryn G.

March 17, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Gone J.Hud!! my Girl!!!! I’m very happy that she decided to Loose the weight Although she looked good anyway’s. (don’t Loose anymore) she says 80 lbs was her cut off which is a great number. And the new hair cut is Amazing. i Am Loving the short style. she looks “FAB” which ever way she goes. she’s one of our own and i could not be more prouder of her. Can’t wait till the new movie/cd drops. I’ll be there.

2. Cynthia

March 17, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Jennifer Hudson serves as a role model for African American women and the obesity issues being faced by African American women. Being 80 pounds overweight is NOT healthy! I applaud her. I went to a concert last week and it was so sad to see that most of the African American women were obese, wearing clothes too tight or too short and 3-4 heels. Being overweight has to do with health. African American women are #1 with high blood pressure, diabetes, breast cancer and it all goes back to poor nutrition (fatty diets and lack of fruit and vegetables) and lack of physical activity. I am still confused as to why is it acceptable for African American women to be obese. For some reason(s) messages from Michelle Obama, the Centers for Disease Control, the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society, the American Diabetes Association is not reaching us. With all of the groups African American women are the #1 target to receive education.

3. Mz. Observant

March 17, 2014 at 5:46 pm

She has to reassure people that she has no intention on losing more than 80 lbs. Why? It’s HER body. I’ve heard many people complaining that she lost too much weight, which is ridiculous! She looks fab-u-lous!! SHE has to be comfortable with how she looks. No one elses’ opinion matters.

4. Martha Napior

March 17, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Congratulations,Jennifer Hudson,for shedding the 80 lbs. Way to go!! The short haircut looks great,also! I’d be thrilled to lose 30 lbs. That’s a real challenge especially since my walking ability is so limited. However, I’ll keep your success in mind. Hopefully, that could be the light to success. Again–Good work!!

5. Totally Agree

March 17, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Weight loss is the business that I am in, so to see Jennifer or ANYBODY lose 80 lbs. is extremely encouraging and motivating. It’s such a struggle for most people, and she has shown the world that with lifestyle adjustments, determination and commitment, it can be done. Very happy for her and I applaud her success!

6. Bucktooth

March 17, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Congrats Jen!! You look Fab!!!

7. william newman

March 17, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Much of the that was developed by my sistas developed from hair issues. Many Black women developed a dislike for exercise because it effected how their hair would look after sweating. Mothers would get upset because the hair do was spoiled after one day of vigorous exercise and by the time the girls reached high school most activities like swimming running, tennis, etc, were looked at as a burden rather than something enjoyable and entertaining.

• Larryj

March 18, 2014 at 1:33 pm

What does hair have to do with losing weight? Obesity is a result of poor lifestyles and sometimes genetics..! Obesity is a disease associated with mental issues….

8. John Peoples

March 18, 2014 at 5:37 am

I agree Mr. Newman, absolutely.

9. Springfield Methadone Clinic

March 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm

Local Drug Rehabilitation Centers http://aaa-rehab.com Drug Rehab Centers Near Me http://aaa-rehab.com Samhsa Programs

10. Jack Quattlebaum

April 15, 2020 at 4:13 pm

Thanks for this inspirational and very well written article. I want to add how I lost weight effortlessly with a 100 natural product: https://bit.ly/2K9E82N

11. 바카라잘하는법

April 17, 2020 at 11:44 pm

I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thank you again!

12. 카지노

April 17, 2020 at 11:57 pm

13. ปั๊มไลค์

May 27, 2020 at 11:42 pm

Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.

14. I really like and appreciate your blog post.

15. A big thank you for your article.