Woman Released A Video Telling White Men How To Date Black Women
Sometimes all a man needs is for a woman to tell him very simply, what she needs and does not need; what she likes and does not like. One woman has decided to do just that and in doing so has probably saved a great deal of men a world of hurt.
Though obviously a humorous video posted to assist white men (ergo the “hi, I’m your first black girlfriend,” with a white hand in the screen shot at the beginning), all could still stand to benefit. Akilah goes down her list of 11 things that would substantially benefit a man going on his first date with a black woman.
The list of Do’s and Do Not’s:
1. The touch of the hair is restricted to you (the person the Black woman is dating) and only you. “Yes you can touch my hair,” the young woman chuckles. “But your friends can’t and your family can’t. So, just don’t ask.”
2. Tell your family about the Black woman you are dating. “This is nonnegotiable.” If you are concerned with dating this Black woman as opposed to your mother then make your decision accordingly, she says.
3. When asked by friends, what it is like dating a black woman, there are only two appropriate answers. She explains, “One, make a really funny joke about eating fried chicken every night or two, tell them to stop exoticizing your relationship because I’m just a human woman like any other human woman.”
4. Fried chicken is not off limits.
5. Learn what the word “ashy” means.
6. Stop staring at the silk stocking cap. It is worn to keep the hair from going all over the place.
7. Learn what the word “nappy” means.
8. Its fine to watch Black movies about slavery together, but do not bring any of that into the bedroom. Sure, you may have feelings of guilt, but you should talk to your friends about them rather than make your woman feel less of herself.
9. Never say the N-word, even if it has an “A” on the end of it.
10. Despite claiming to be a true fan of the show “Scandal,” your woman already understands you probably just have “Olitz fantasies.” Why? Because so does she.
11. Do not ask how your private part compares to others. In a shot with the young woman lying in the bed, she questions, “You’re seriously going to ask me how it compares to a black guy’s right now? You’re serious? Like, you’re really doing this?”
Barry is a student of life. Other than writing, he enjoys mathematics and philosophy. Reach him @ Barryburchjr@gmail.com