News

Bobby Kristina and New Husband Answer Naysayers About Controversial Marriage

By Barry Burch Jr.

Bobby Kristina, daughter of the late Whitney Houston, and new husband Nick Gordon, Houston’s alleged adopted son, have both decided to open up to the media for the first time about their recent marriage.

Though immediately after the original announcement of the two newly-weds’ nuptials, negative headlines seemed to flood media outlets, the couple believes they are now ready to take on all of the naysayers and address all of the rumors. In their only interview together following their marriage, the two can be seen holding hands as well as kissing and touching each other almost continuously.

“He is my back bone,” Kristina said as she gave new husband Gordon a kiss on the lips. “We always loved each other,” Gordon shot back.

The couple, who have experienced a great deal of criticism for their marriage because of their brother-and-sister like relationship, shared their story at their Georgia home. According to the interview with Extra, Whitney Houston took Gordon in as a troubled teenager, and that is when he and Kristina’s relationship started. Not too long after being taken in, Gordon began to call Houston, mom. “And this is where everybody gets the confusion from,” says Gordon. “That we’re brother and sister,” added Kristina.

The couple also said the late Grammy-winning-legend predicted that they would ultimately wind up together. “She kept on, ‘You guys are going to get married. Shut-up. I already know what’s going to happen.’ She wanted this. This is something she wanted to see,” explained Kristina.

And with regard to the rumors put out in the tabloids about her relationship with Gordon causing problems between her and her grandmother, Cissy Houston’s relationship, Kristina says do not believe them. She offered, “Nick said, ‘Grandma, I want to marry her. Is it OK?’ She (Cissy) smiled very wide and said, ‘Son, you have my blessing.”

However, Kristina does admit this was not always the case for her father, Bobby Brown. But things have changed for the better she said. She also claims that she and Gordon’s relationship will not end as her parents’ did. For one, Kristina says she does not believe in divorce. “If you’re married, you work it out,” she said.

Barry is a student of life. Other than writing, he enjoys mathematics and philosophy. Reach him @ Barryburchjr@gmail.com

1. ericaf

February 6, 2014 at 11:28 am

All righty then

2. happygolucky

February 6, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Whithney didn’t leagally adopt that boy so stop saying that, the media just want to portray that young lady of being some sort of slut for marrying her brother, that is not her brother and by marrying him she did nothing wrong, ok she somewhat grew up with him, so what, he came into their lives at the age of 12, let my parent bring a 12yo attractive boy in my home to live with us, it will be on and popping as soon as we get old enough.so like i was saying he is not that girl brother. Stop it.

3. William Clark III

February 6, 2014 at 2:51 pm

When The Money Go So Go Your Lover. Likes You For You P And M.

4. Big Papa

February 7, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Let’s see where their marriage strength will be in five more years.
    He is sticking with bread and butter.

5. Herman

February 8, 2014 at 12:12 am

They both are grown and have no blood ties,I salute it that are a lawful union . I’m not waiting to see if it fail because that’s like saying you’d like it to fail..we not going to hate on their happiness…We should pray for them… In the eyes of the Lord..How about the real Church say Amen

6. Patsy

February 8, 2014 at 1:07 am

I think its wonderful to marry someone that you have grown up with.They are not brother and sister just sweethearts that grew up together and fell in love and now are married.MAY THE MARRIAGE LAST FOREVER

7. TT_CA

February 9, 2014 at 7:36 pm

They are not related.. obviously their was some kind of physical attraction when Whitney was alive and they kept it hidden.. To each is own and Bobbi Christina is not cute So Who cares!!

8. see g

June 20, 2020 at 3:43 am

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?

Excellent work!

9. who g

June 20, 2020 at 5:06 pm

Wow, marvelous weblog structure! How long have you
    been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The total glance of your website is magnificent,
    let alone the content material!

10. rsacwgxy g

June 23, 2020 at 2:58 pm

There’s definately a great deal to find out about this subject.
    I love all the points you’ve made.

11. tinyurl.com

June 26, 2020 at 10:20 am

An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a co-worker who
    has been conducting a little research on this. And he actually bought me dinner
    because I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword
    this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to talk about this topic here on your web page.

12. Eleanor Hill

July 12, 2020 at 4:38 am

Hi! I’m a British Single Mom living in New York, I found your article to be soooo Usefull!