Meet Britain’s First Black Marchioness

Emma McQuistonBy: Stephanie Allen-Gobert

Emma McQuiston is about to make history. She is about to become Britain’s first black marchioness, which is one step below a duchess. McQuiston currently holds the title of Viscountess Weymouth.

Emma recently had an elaborate fairy tale wedding to Ceawlin Thynn. The wedding included 355 guests, a wait staff of almost 200 and a magician. Ceawlin Thynn is a British businessman and the second child of Alexander Thynn. Alexander Thynn is the infamous Marquess of Bath. He is known for his long hair, flamboyant clothing, and the images of a naked woman he painted over the walls of his estate, named Longleat. This is where McQuiston and Thynn now live. When Alexander passes away, Thynn and McQuiston will assume the titles of Marquess and Marchioness of Bath.

As luck would have it, the two newleyweds had a meeting earlier in their life. At age three, Emma met Ceawlin at another family wedding. Emma recently stated, “I already knew him and the family, but I never dreamed this would happen,” I think I wouldn’t even let myself hope before that this would happen because it’s just so surreal. Still, is quite surreal now.”

McQuiston herself beginning is far from humble. She came from wealth also, her mother is a British socialite and her father is an Oxford University educated Nigerian oil tycoon. Even with her fortunate upbringing, McQuiston still feels lucky to be living at Longleat and marrying Thynn.

In spite of her wealth, the 27 year old British marchioness has career plans of her own. Emma is interested in fashion and has posed on the cover of “You” magazine just a couple of months ago.  She also has ambitions of having her own cooking show and her own food blog. “ My mum originally taught me to cook…growing up I just became, you know, more curious about nutrition and, you know, food from across the seas,” McQuiston explained.

“I didn’t predict this would happen at all. I could never have dreamt or hoped for this or let myself.”

Congratulations Emma McQuiston and much happiness on the wedding. Continue to inspire all young black women and re-instill in all our hearts that fairy tales can still come true.

Source: abcnews.com

1. gcole

January 8, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Big whoop, her family paid for the wedding….Her mom is white, dad – as usual rich black man, money goes where?

2. Mythoughts

January 8, 2014 at 4:14 pm

EXACTLY @Gcole

3. Alleda

January 8, 2014 at 6:12 pm

What’s the fairy tale, “beautiful wealthy black women should aspire to find and marry a white prince or Marquess?” Interesting point of view…

4. Elem

January 8, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha, oh the silliness! A wealthy English Biracial woman weds a wealthy white English man and Black American women celebrate.

Oh well, I suppose it is better to live vicariously than not at all.

• pg out

January 10, 2014 at 3:43 pm

U sound envious!

5. Layla

January 8, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Is this what black women are now espousing to become? A rich white man’s temporary token, just until he finds a white replacement. She appears to be enamored by a rich playboy who degrades females by displaying a naked woman over his estate. Actually, shows even as beautiful as she appears, she has a less than healthy sense of integrity and esteem to idolize the likes of him; rich royalty or not!

• Twyice

January 9, 2014 at 1:06 pm

@ Layla he’s not the one with the paintings it’s his father.
      That’s how rumors get started.

6. Buckwheat

January 8, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Hope for the rest of us springs eternal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the uck what?????????????????????????????????????????????????

7. Devon

January 9, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Emma is beautiful! Congratulations to her and her husband, and may they have a long, happy union and healthy, happy children.

Im looking forward to my own wedding in June.

8. Yahra

January 10, 2014 at 6:58 am

Once she has a baby with this rich white boy, her generation will not be black anymore.

she bleaching more out of her Khemetic Root. She half Breed anyway and the money she supposed to be getting out of this marriage will not support the black community.

I say Whoopdi Dooo So What!!!!

• Devon

January 10, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Why is she responsible for supporting us? When do we start supporting ourselves?

9. donadiva

February 7, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Go on now me LADY!!

10. Free Substance Abuse Counseling

March 26, 2020 at 4:46 pm

Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities Near Me http://aaa-rehab.com Alcohol Rehab Centers http://aaa-rehab.com Alcohol And Substance Abuse