Celebrities

Kevin Hart Says Black Women Don’t Like His Girlfriend

kevin-harts-girlfriend-enikoKevinHartExWifeTorreiHartSaysTheirWasNoPrenuptialAgreementWhenSheMetKevinHartHeWasWorkingAtaSneakerStoreVideoInside

By Barry Burch Jr.

He has been called the funniest man in America, and he has also been accused of leaving his dark-skinned wife for a light-skinned woman.  Comedian Kevin Hart is experiencing what real fame is like in terms of being everything to everybody.  However, Hart does not intend on being viewed as someone who did not try to repair his marriage.

Hart says black women should give he and girlfriend exotic Jamaican-bred beauty, Eniko Parrish, a break, as reported by black media scoop.  According to him, women who are accusing him of leaving his wife so that he could be with a lighter-toned woman are wrong.  The comedian, who is experiencing one of the most successful comedic careers of this time, with a slew of popular movies and TV shows, says his girlfriend is Black and is from the Caribbean.

The “Ride Along” star also says, most importantly, he did attempt to make his marriage work.  Hart said that though he wanted a happier relationship, it was already over and soon he saw it as nothing more than a train wreck waiting to happen.

In an interview with Upscale magazine, Hart reveals his side of the story with regard to he and ex-wife, Torrei Hart’s, marriage.  He does not miss the opportunity to address the black women he claims are hating on his girlfriend.

I read so much stuff that black women say, especially about my relationship. ‘Oh, he left his black wife to go be with some exotic chick.’ First of all, my girl is black, she’s Jamaican. But they say it as if they know what me and my ex-wife’s problems were. When we first got together, our relationship was amazing. We got married young and our s— got rocky. In my divorce, I stood up and said to my ex-wife, ‘Hey, I messed up. This had nothing to do with you. I didn’t understand what marriage was. I cheated. I was wrong. We couldn’t fix it, it got worse. I stepped away because I didn’t want it to get any worse. You’re the mother of my kids, I don’t want to hate you. The only way that’s gonna happen, is if I’m the bigger man and I leave.’ I think that was a very mature thing to do.

So now that we’ve heard from Kevin.  What are your thoughts?

Barry is a student of life.  Other than writing, he enjoys mathematics and philosophy.  Reach him @ Barryburchjr@gmail.com

1. F Waker

January 30, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Sorry Mr. Hart. After viewing both photos, I don’t buy it.

2. Harold

January 30, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Check the body language. She does not want to be close to him–just his money.

• Redbone

January 30, 2014 at 10:06 pm

@Harold
      I see that body language too, and I see money. I’m really not into Kevin Hart even on a bad day. I believe this article is all about publicity, maybe the brother need some attention. He is not the funniest comedian, I’d take Kat Williams tow-down to the curb, high as a kite and can’t half-way stand-up before I would even think about buying a ticket to see Kevin Hart. Not trying to be mean, Kevin Hart does not move me at all. I don’t even care who he’s dating and I hope nobody else buy into this hype…

• Redbone

January 30, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Personally I think the brother just want everybody to see what his women looks like, his’s woman, (but not her man)… there is a difference.

• ericaf

February 1, 2014 at 5:22 am

Loll. Looks like it

• CW

February 4, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I know, right?

3. Amazing Grace

January 30, 2014 at 10:00 pm

She looks like she’s repelling him in that photo.

4. cheche

January 31, 2014 at 1:33 am

I’m not going to hate on Kevin but what I will say is he is doing what most successful black men do when they blow up! She may be Jamaican because there is a large Asian/Jamaican community in Jamaica but after seeing nothing but light bright dam near white women on 90% of music videos TV shows and movies I now don’t give a dam! I am a beautiful dark sister and I refuse to be pulled into this form of self-hatred!!!

• DOCMEB

January 31, 2014 at 11:43 pm

HE TAKE HER TO MISSISSIPPI THEY WILL LET THEM KNOW WHAT SHE IS. A NI##ER

• Denmark

February 1, 2014 at 7:32 pm

You have issues…stop blaming light skin women for your insecurities. White man did a number on the minds of some of you Negroes, 2014 and you’re still hating your black sister who hasn’t done nothing to your ignorant ass instead of the slave master. smdh

5. Mrs. Hill

January 31, 2014 at 7:25 am

YOU cheated, she couldn’t get over it so you left because THAT was the mature thing to do??? My Grandma used to tell us, be careful how you treat people cause some of them same people you meet on the way up, you gonna meet em on the way down… that’s all I have to say to you Mr. Hart.

6. John Dixon

January 31, 2014 at 9:24 am

Kevin Hart is funny? Wow I did not know that after viewing him many many 2 star rated films. I assuming he appeals to a certain type of people to be considered “the funniest man” but its certainly not me!

7. rosebud

January 31, 2014 at 11:26 am

My question is who cares so much about Kevin Hart that they would be concerned about who he dates and his relationship.Kevin Hart is just an average looking man small and short at that who makes his living attempting to be funny but more of an idiot than anything else and he’s certainly not God’s gift to women.I don’t know if he craves attention because he has said this more than once but it’s funny how this little man thinks that women would be jealous regarding who he dates personally short men are not attractive too me so I definitley would not care about the women they date

8. Nan Rone

January 31, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Mr. Hart, I am not your judge, God is! I’m sorry that your marriage didn’t work, mine didn’t either. But, I moved forward and that is what I see you doing. God created the diversity for all of us. I just hope and pray that you are not being used. take your time with this relationship. It may pan out for you. I only wish you well. I had the opportunity to meet you in 2012 in Columbus, Ohio when you came to our inner city campain office to show your support for President Obama. Keepp the good work!!, Nan.

9. Daisy

January 31, 2014 at 2:58 pm

He has a Napoleon Bonapart complex. Yes, he’s short but I don’t think that he is all that funny. I never have. I could care less if he dated Bozo the clown or Atilla the Hun. He has to live with himself and in his own skin. But he has to remember that if you put down your dark sisters on the way up…you will have to face them on your way down because eventually his fame will fade and he will be just another little short black man in the industry who messed up with his people.

10. Oh Really?

January 31, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Oh, please! Kevin Hart is a grown arse man and can make his own choices. He’s a talented comedian and he has a right to date who he wants. Whe are WE to dictate what this man does in this personal life? But, some of you are just haters. Daisy – so what if you don’t like him. he’s small in stauture and he even laughs at himself about it. Sheesh! Get a grip, people!

11. Corbin

January 31, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Keven, I hope you are reading this. No one cares what color women you like. I am preparing to get on a ski lift in about 10 minutes. The only thing I care about right now is coming down that hill safely. Then I have children and a grandchild to worry about. One of my cars need gas and he other one needs tires. Then, there are dishes that need to be taken from my dishwasher and I’m not sure whether I set my DVR for a movie that comes on tomorrow. No one gives a rat’s behind about your girlfriend. You are not important. Let it go and just be glad that you got someone to go out with your little behind.

• Redbone

February 3, 2014 at 2:52 pm

@Corbin…

You are too hilarious!! but you are so right, nobody really actually cares about Kevin Hart, and its not a personal thing, he just doesn’t appeal to everybody. Hell Kat Williams is shorter then Kevin Hart, but I love me some Kat Williams, brother is off the hook. What can I say but keep it real…

12. janp

January 31, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I don’t the lady is that much lighter than his wife. I guess I don’t see the issue.sorry, this one escapes me. I hope his ex finds a good man. Be happy

13. Devon

January 31, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Black women always mad about black men getting lightskinned women. And its nine time out of ten its black women who cant buy a date, and no man is checking for them.

• KyleHere&Gone

February 3, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Devon
      You are such a hateful jealous blackwomen, you spew hatred everywhere you go. Your a very sad individual and I’m a proud black-man that’s been reading some of your post. You need counseling young lady, seriously!

14. Caryn G.

January 31, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I personally like Kevin Hart. Ride Along is the top Movie for the second week which is Awesome! He’s on fire!! right now. a great comedian and i wish him much more success. My Hubby and i went to see the movie Him and ice cube were off the map funny. I’ve heard him mention in his stand ups the Ex- wife so on, on so forth. The bible says to Judge Not! whatever happened that lead them to dissolve their Marriage is indeed unfortunate. I just pray for their children’s sake that they can be civil & cordial to one another. and hopefully even being hubby and wifey again. 🙂 This New lady/Girlfriend is very pretty However Not african american. Kev, boyy you know she is sooo not Black! blacka neese maybe lol and whyy does she appear to be stand offish “ALREADY” don’t like her posture in that picture at all & this has to be their first picture together cuz i read and thumb thru plenty of magazines a whole lot.never seen a picture of them together. A genuine Girlfriend that Loves you, or heck even Remotely Likes you! would be taking cheek to cheek pics i’d be all ova my man!!! so….. you might wanna Reconsider, do some counseling, Refrain from CHeating and go back to your wife a woman that probably still loves you and can appreciate you. beacuse “Clearly” your light skinned ERR… Black Girlfriend has an M.O. you real short now, she looks like she can take you, so be careful.

15. marcus davis

January 31, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I,v never seen or heard of this dude ,so why is he trying to justify his woman to the entire race of black women? is he tripping or what? who cares?

16. William Clark

January 31, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Iam so happy for him if I had some mad money I would do the same thing.

17. ericaf

February 1, 2014 at 5:29 am

Funny comments

18. kim

February 1, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I have to agree with most of you….does anybody really care who this dude dates????what color?people are going to say whatever they want to say regardless..the wife should just move on an find a guy who can love her for her…

19. Roz

February 1, 2014 at 9:33 pm

It has not been that long ago, that Kevin had unflattering words about Black women. Where does Mr. Hart hang that Black Women are burning up the airwaves talking about him? Even though I personally do not care for buffoonish, bunk eyed loud comedy routines, I wish Hart and his lady well. Now, hurry up and impregnate her so she’ll have insurance policy. Really Kevin, stop hatin’ on the Sistahs and enjoy yourself. It’s not like you’re Redd Foxx or Richard Pryor. Peace little man.

20. What

February 1, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Kevin BETTER shut the hell up before we boycott his movies. Shut UP Kevin

21. What

February 1, 2014 at 10:18 pm

This is the second stupidest things Kevin has said out if his infant mouth. Kevin no one is jealous of your big headed girlfriend. She’s gonna do what most women do , leave your black butt for a taller man . No shut up and keep filming before we boycott your butt!!!

22. tita

February 2, 2014 at 10:24 am

LMAO. Who cares? Who are these black women who are hating? Is it his own conscious that thinks this? I don’t know about anyone else but nobody checking for him like that, only to laugh at the crazy stuff he say. God bless you Kevin and be cool its probably one lady reposting her hate for you, lol.

23. t_99

February 2, 2014 at 11:48 am

Yes, I too hope that Kevin Hart is reading this because no one cares whom he dates. And as others have said, who are these Black women who are angry at whom he dates? I’m not buying it and doubt that any incident or feedback given ever even occurred. These celebrities crack me up when they complain about the paparazzi and news invading their personal lives, but then make statements about their private lives in the media. I am sure that it is no coincidence that this statement was reported while he has a movie in theaters. None of my girl friends of any race, religion or nationality give two sheets about whom he or another other celebrity, athlete, politician or other public figure dates. If celebs want to stay in the news, I suggest they put out good work and stop trying to vilify any group just to generate buzz. This type of “news” is SO tired (yawn).

24. Jeana

February 3, 2014 at 9:12 am

AT LEAST, THANK GOD, SHE IS NOT A WHITE WOMAN. BLACK WOMEN WHOULD BE THANKFUL, BE THANKFUL!!!!

25. treetop123

February 3, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Kevin Hart has overrated himself. Yes, he’s funny but I don’t think black women care who he dates. I know I don’t and I’m black.

26. Redbone

February 3, 2014 at 3:05 pm

OMG!!!!

All these comments are just too funny! more funny then Kevin Hart! so what does that tell you….LMBAO!!!!

27. Keniki

February 3, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Leave Kevin alone…… Im Jamaican and Black and Proud. What makes us differennt from African American aren’t we all Africans??

28. Lorri Holliday

February 3, 2014 at 6:25 pm

It sounds like Kevin is admitting he was wrong in his marriage. If you know you were wrong, why didn’t you just go and make it right for the kids? Every child desire to have both parents in the house. His career started kicking off and the money and honeys started come in. He wasn’t strong enought to fight temptation. He didn’t have respect for himself or his wife. He wanted a trophy piece like most of the guys that make it big. He threw in the towel on his marriage. If you can make it with the beautiful woman you’re with, you can make it with your wife. You didn’t want to make it with your wife. You ran. Shame on You!!!

29. Evelyn

February 3, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Kevin Hart is NOT funny to me at all. I was hoping that “Ride Along” would change my mind, but it didn’t. Enjoy your fifteen minutes of fame Mr. Hart.

30. Renee

February 4, 2014 at 11:27 am

Who are we to judge this man’s relationship with his wife or lady; it doesn’t matter to me what Kevin Hart does hell I’m not married to him or dating him so why would I judge anything he does. I don’t want anyone from the outside saying anything about me or my husband; your business is just that your business. If Kevin Hart wasn’t a comedian or in movies people wouldn’t have anything to say about his life. (People get over yourselves would you want anyone to talk about your business? HELL NAW).

31. CW

February 4, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I agree with a lot of the posts here – I believe this is a publicity stunt – if he needs that kind of publicity – then he ain’t funny (excuse the slang)! His girlfriend is pretty – one wonders why she’s with him; well…actually, we know why.

I will never watch his comedy again – I never thought he was all that funny and only watched him to appease my oldest son – now that the keeps pulling these insults towards black women, my son (he’s in his 20’s) has stopped watching him; and he’s asked his friends to do the same.

Keep black women out of your crappy life Mr. Hart – I don’t know a single black woman who cares.

32. Miss B

February 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Redd Fox,Richard Pryor,Paul Muny, Areia Spears, Comedians of Mad TV, Eddie Murphy when he was on SNL, Jamie Foxx and cast of In Living Color. They say the min is ths second thing to go so some names may be spelled incorrecty but these are funny comedians. My opinion only. I wonder why Kevin thinks women spent our percious time wondering or caring who he dates? I am commenting because checking email an article popped up. If he is the funniest man in America I guess Ice Cube was only supporting him in the movie! Ice Cube was great in ARE WE THERE YET?

33. mj-CHICAGO

February 9, 2014 at 6:14 pm

LOVE YOU KEVIN..BUT PLEASE GET OFF YOUR LITTLE HORSE ….BOTH THOSE WOMEN LOOK THE SAME COLOR IF YOU ASK ME….IT MUST BE PEOPLE IN YOUR CIRCLE …ITTY BITTY…

34. 라이브 카지노

April 17, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Best Ballons around here !

35. https://tinyurl.com/rsacwgxy g

June 23, 2020 at 2:50 pm

Just wish to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is simply cool and
    i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated
    with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.

36. http://tinyurl.com/y9w2es92

June 26, 2020 at 10:49 pm

This post is invaluable. Where can I find out more?

37. salmaexpress.com

June 27, 2020 at 2:59 am

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to
    do it for you? Plz answer back as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like
    to know where u got this from. cheers