Celebrities

Steve Harvey Cleared of Disturbing Abuse Allegations from His Ex-Wife and Son

harvey1

Reported By: Britt L

Looks like the King of comedy has  run scot free out of a legal case that wasn’t a laughing matter.

Fortunately for Steve Harvery,  the 56-year-old radio personality and TV host has been cleared of accusations by his ex-wife, Mary Harvey and their 11-year-old son of  “brutally beating” the young boy.

According to TMZ, Mary was held in contempt of court Thursday and sentenced 30 days in jail for leaking vital and sealed information about the alleged incident to the media.

In the police report, Mary claims Steve received a phone call from the boy’s school informing him his son lied about turning in a homework assignment.  Steve’s son claimed that the comedian hit him with a belt and paddle board, similar to the wooden instrument used for hazing in fraternities.

The police report goes on to say that authorities took photographs of the boy’s injuries located on his buttocks and thighs, as well as a cut on his leg. The boy told police he was beaten so badly, he had trouble urinating for days.

The case was eventually turned over to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

In a statement released by Steve’s reps, the Texas Dep. of Family and Protective Services concluded that, “Based on the information obtained, the child does not appear to be at risk … the case is closed without further investigation.”

Steve’s great news came shortly after his big interview with leader of the free world, President Barack Obama.

What do you think?  Did Steve abuse his son or was it a necessary punishment?  Also, is it possible that someone is lying on him to bring him down?  What about the boy?  Is he telling the truth?

1. Lola J. Thrower

December 21, 2013 at 8:03 pm

I don’t believe that Mr. Harvey abused his son. He issued strong discipline, if anything, and is within his right as a parent and breadwinner to handle his business. I do know there are some situations that warrant investigation; however, it is unfair to lump all parenting into the same bundle. I will not abuse, but will issue discipline; in doing so, I keep my son from breaking into other people’s homes and taking what they’ve worked hard to maintain. We need to return to disciplinary methods that kept my generation out of prison. I’m 53 and not having it with my 17 year old or three grands, ages 9, 7, and 2; they’re all boys and will grow to learn the benefits of discipline and responsibility…and they won’t beat up or kill their wives/fail to take care of their families. God is in charge in this family and will continue to do what’s He’s always done – direct my offspring!

• Gammy

December 25, 2013 at 3:13 pm

amen.I have 13 granchildren.all but4 are boys and youngmen.cudos to spare the rod and spoil the child.none been in jail.none dispectful to adults that we know of or anyone.If it does happen even now,Gammy don”t play.that is after their Dad”s finish.Ex wife please seek therapy.get a life or get a man.Better yet”SEEK GOD”.He is the only one that can help her.Steve shows and will tell the world he did not get where he is without GOD.GOD listens to all prayers from everybody.She needs him “BAD”

2. Bettye Scott

December 21, 2013 at 9:37 pm

I am truly sick of all the crap and b-s-t, the few black men who are trying to be good, positive role models and upstanding young men have to suffer through simply because they are “BLACK MEN”. We “BLACK WOMEN”,instead of encouraging our sons, brothers, and other young men to be role models and continue a living example that others might follow, we are too busy trying to tear them down and hating on them, simplybecause of our personal issues with them.
    When are we going to wake up to the “real world”, face reality, and realize that we are responsible for our own actions and behavior. The world do not ow us a d-m-n thing. We are the “Master of our fate” and GOD is tthe CAPTAIN OF ALL OF OUR SHIPS” As for Steveand his son,, I don’t know, I was not there,and that is nobody’s business but he and his son. I am almost certain that none of these others were not there either. By the way, if he did tore his butt up, he probably deserve it. “Spare the rod, Spoil the child”. The media has not a “d” thing to do with it.

• ShaRall

December 22, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Steve Harvey is a serial adulterer and has cheated on his first wife with his second and his second wife with his third. He is a Christian hypocrite and a fraud.

• Devon

December 24, 2013 at 1:07 am

That doesnt mean he abused his son.That ex of his is a psycho. He’s moved on and married another woman he’s happy with. She needs to get some therapy, move on and get a life.

3. ericaf

December 21, 2013 at 9:46 pm

People need to put their kids first

4. Ms. Dez

December 21, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Steve must have been doing something right, God has certainly blessed him.

• fo

December 22, 2013 at 5:40 am

Just because people are prosperous does NOT mean that they are godly or doing anything right! In fact the Bible says that we “saints” should not envy the wicked when they prosper because in the end it will all burn up.

5. Luke

December 21, 2013 at 10:35 pm

It’s truly amazing how we as people can never seem to appreciate”structure”!!! If this young man goes out and disgraces’ his father’s name, the first thing people will say, “where is the father”?. I hope Mr. Harvey will tell the media to stay out of his personal life. No matter how much good you do,there’s always a fool trying to find dirt.

Mr Harvey thank you for encouraging young men to be men, God Bless you…

Sincerely,
    A young old head…

• Vgraves

December 21, 2013 at 10:49 pm

NICELY SAID YOUNG OLD HEAD… BLESS YOU!

6. Kenneth Scarborough

December 21, 2013 at 10:39 pm

If he had to straighten out his son for lying about school work and he whipped his ASS!!!then so be it look my dad whipped my ASS when I didn’t do what I was suppose to do because I deserved it….and I turned out just fine am a productive member of society but what I have a problem with is his ex wife she’s on the warpath of trying to take him down and it’s not working to her benefit

7. Vgraves

December 21, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Don’t believe one word… Mary have several seats, she is just scorned because he has moved on.. Steve has admitted that he was not the perfect man back in the day. But we all grow and learn from our mistakes. I raised a male child and did not allow him to get away with any thing. Nipped it in the bud at first sight. He is now 19 serving in the US Navy, doing well and thriving.. a grounded young man with principles and morals. A true gentleman indeed. I believe that me being a Christian woman and raising him to pray and attend church also help to be the Man he is today. No help from his dad, just a on and off communication with him. He respects his father and holds no grudges. I am Blessed to have such a wonderful son. And would hope that STEVES son would one day be able to say thank you dad for not leaving me. My son called me on day and thanked me for preparing him for life…. That was my greatest gift from him thus far!!!! did not think I would be able to raise a man child on my own…. But I did and I thank God every day!!
    KIDS NEED DISIPLINE!!!!

8. Dianna

December 22, 2013 at 12:11 am

This woman is really hurt and scorned… She doesn’t need any verbal beat-downs by any of us… For one thing none of us slept behind closed doors with Steve Harvey all those yrs… and none of us truly know what she walked threw being the wife of Steve Harvey. Wombs don’t heal over-night and be so careful that none of you end up walking in her shoes, remember your on the out-side looking in… Steve Harvey may have turned his life around today, but yesterday his azz use to be something else.
    God does say forgive, but God also says: whatever a man sewth he shall also REAPTH a harvest in his day. Everybody needs to remain neutral and just pray for the both of them… That woman is scared very very deeply on the inside / she is broken… Thank God it is not you / Only Steve and her really know what went down behind close-doors.

• Justice

December 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I so whole heartedly agree. I believe that he did beat his son for lying and that it probably did leave bruises. However, the article does not state that it was his son’s mother, the former Mrs. Harvey, that made the initial complaint with protective services. Besides, how could she if Steve Harvey is the one that has physical custody. It is almost certain that the school observed the bruises and notified the police. Surely, as a mother she would have some concern if she was notified of the incident she is after all the child’s mother. It seem odd that a gag order is pending in matters that does not pertain to their divorce. Steve Harvey is doing everything he can to salvage and maintain his current reputation rather than his not so long ago tarnished reputation. Yes I believe people can change but it was only just a few years ago that he left his wife for his current trophy wife. Steve Harvey needs to stop blaming is former wife for all is woes and face up to the facts.

• JENNY JONES!!!

December 22, 2013 at 2:34 pm

WOW I SO AGREE. I HAVE KNOWN STEVE FOR OVER 13 YRS AND ONE THING THAT HAS NEVER COME UP IN THE NEWS IS THAT MARY SUFFERED FROM TERRIBLE POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION AFTER SHE GAVE BIRTH TO WYNTON. IT WAS HORRIBLE AND SHE HAD TO GO ON A TON OF MEDS TO THE POINT THAT STEVE HAD TO TAKE HER OLDER SON AND WYNTON FROM HER IN TEXAS A LOT OF THE TIMES TO STAY WITH HIM IN L.A.. HER CONDITION WITH ALL OF THE MEDS SHE WAS ON IS WHY HER DIVORCE REALLY WAS ILLEGAL B/C SHE WAS REALLY LEGALLY INSANE AND NOT IN ANY LEGAL CONDITION TO BE SIGNING ‘ANY’ DOCS WHICH I’M PRETTY SURE STEVE AND HIS LAWYER, RICKY, KNEW WHICH IS WHY THEY TOLD HER IN THE STATE OF TEXAS IN A DIVORCE ONLY ONE LAWYER IS ALLOWED TO REP BOTH SIDES WHICH ISN’T TRUE BUT BEING INSANE & DRUGGED UP SHE BELIEVED IT. WE ALL KNOW SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN REPRESENTED BY HER OWN LAWYER NOT STEVE’S. LOL!!! SO YES SHE RECEIVED $$$, HOUSES AND OTHER VALUABLE THINGS IN THE DIVORCE BUT PROBABLY NOT 90% OF WHAT SHE SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED. PEOPLE FORGET WHEN SHE MET STEVE HE WAS DEAD BROKE AND SHE WORKED AT A DEPARTMENT STORE COUNTER SO HE WAS STRAIGHT STRUGGLING NOT LIKE MS. MARJORIE WHO HAD BEEN LIVING THE HIGH LIFE AND HAD 2 KIDS BY 2 IN JAIL DRUG DEALING KINGPIN BROTHERS IN MEMPHIS SO SHE HAD STRAIGHT, STRAIGHT GAME TO PULL STEVE’S COUNTRY CLEVELAND AZZ ALL THE WAY IN. LOL!!!! YES MARY IS VERY, VERY SCORNED B/C SHE PROBABLY FINALLY HAS HER MIND BACK AND REALIZES WTF OCCURRED. ‘LAWD WHAT THE HELL DID I SIGNED AND GIVE AWAY’???? YES STEVE SEEMS VERY BLESSED NOW AND IS FLYING SUPER HIGH BUT WITH ALLLLLL OF HIS PAST DIRT HIS WINGS WILL BE CLIPPED SOONER OR LATER. NOW AS FAR AS THESE CLAIMS ABOUT WHIPPING HIS SON’S AZZ HE PROBABLY DID & PROBABLY NEEDED TO. HE’S WORKING 12 JOBS LIKE A D*MN JAMAICAN AND HIS SON IS TRIPPING IN SCHOOL, HELL NAW BUT THE SON PROBABLY TOLD MARY AND SHE’S A MOTHER PLUS SCORNED EX SO YES SHE WANTED IT INVESTIGATED FOR HER SON’S SAKE AND HOPED IT WOULD DAMAGE STEVE IN THE PROCESS KILLING 2 BIRDS WITH 1 STONE. LOL!!! I DOUBT WE HAVE HEARD THE LAST OF THIS SITUATION B/C AGAIN SHE IS SCORNED AND RIGHTFULLY SO PLUS SHE HAS TONS OF TIME ON HER HANDS WHICH ALL ADDS UP TO A TICKING TIME BOMB. LOL!!! SMH!!!……….JENNY JONES!!!

• R. Parker

December 23, 2013 at 9:14 am

I don’t know what went on in his marriage but I do know that the courts usually side with the rich and famous. Money talks and BS walks!

9. Dianna

December 22, 2013 at 12:18 am

I have never seen a divorce and separation that wasn’t messy and the drama never stops until the children are between the ages of 18 & 21…

10. Raine Moore

December 22, 2013 at 1:34 am

Will you please edit this stuff that you publish and require the writers to take some grammar lessons? I am so sick of seeing “have went”, “had came”, “had saw” and all kinds of other ridiculous grammatical errors every time I try to read these articles. We have got to do better.

• fo

December 22, 2013 at 5:42 am

Amen. Not a very good representation of Black pride and intellect.

• joyce Kirk

December 24, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I agree with you I am so tired of hearing that “had done” “had said” Where did this language come from? It is worst than ebonic I am glad someone else has pay attention to this mess besides me. Where did this awful English language come from? When I was in school we learned how to use our verbs, nouns, and etc, in the proper manner.. That’s when we had real teachers and parents….So sad will this language ever go away because I am sick of it I wish we could get rid of it like the N. word….

11. Dr. Edwards

December 22, 2013 at 7:29 am

Way to go Steve – it’s better for you to beat his butt with a belt or paddle than for the police to beat his head with a club, or in most instances, shoot him for improper conduct.

I got my butt whipped many time, so I learned cause and effect early in life, and I’m glad I did, it served me well.

Never make a promise to anyone that you do not intend to keep, and especially to a child. Promises like I’m going to slap your face off, or I’m going to break your neck, or I’m going to leave you if you don’t get up, etc. Then finally one day after you have had all you can take, you try your level best to slap the kid’s face off, and he/she responds, what did you do that for? You reply, I told you that I was going to slap your face off and you didn’t believe me. The kid replies, you have been telling me that for years and you never dis it before, so how was I suppose to know when you meant you were going to actually try to do it, that’s unfair.

Never make a promise that you do not intend to keep. Never say no until you hear the question as you might have to change your initial response. It’s called process what you think you hear or see, then deciding what outcome you desire from your response before responding. If you are not clear on what you though you heard or saw, ask for clarification and once you have it, respond. In most non-emergency situations, a quick response is not necessary in the first place.

12. Dr. Mary Weems

December 22, 2013 at 10:27 am

As a long admirer of Steve Harvey and as someone who has followed his career for decades…I don’t believe he abused his son for one minute. A whoopin’ (and I don’t mean an abusive beat down) is, on occasion called for and when it is–the parent should make it happen.

Blessings to Harvey and his new family…Glad all of this worked out as it should have.

Peace,

13. Alyce

December 22, 2013 at 11:00 am

Spare the rod….spoil the chiild. I reared (crops are raised–look it up) two male children who are now extremely productive grown men who are also spiritually connected with God. I spanked, disciplined, withheld things from both even when their playmates/friends were getting away with talking back to their parents and/or getting into trouble at school. Train up a child in the way you would have him/her to go and they will NOT stray away from it as adults.
    Mary has been proven to be such a big liar in the past I can’t believe her at this time. She needs to gey over it and move on. Steve has moved on. GOOD FOR HIM!
    Wynton didn’t look too “injured/unhappy” etc on his Dad’s Christmas show. Hummmmm

• Leah

December 22, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Im not saying Steve abused his son but abused/neglected children can put on a happy face even when they’re dying inside. It’s called acting.

14. tonia howland

December 22, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I WATCH MR.HARVEY ALL THE TIME.IT’S ALL ABOUT MONEY.SHE IS JUST TRYING TO BRING HIM DOWN.THE WAS MOVE ON.HE IS VERY HAPPY WITH HIS NEW WIFE AND FAMILY.SHE NEEDS TO MOVE ON.IT’S ALL LIES.SO EX-MS.HARVEY GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.LET THE MAN BE.TAKE YOUR PROBLEMS ELSE WHERE.

15. Meghann

December 22, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I can’t stand Steve Harvey. I believe he is a fake and he did horrible things to his ex. He took the child from the mother, had the child living with him and the new wife, would not allow her to see her own child and wanted the child to call the step mother mom.

Steve Harvey was suppose to have a show on OWN the Oprah network. When Oprah investigated stories regarding the ex she refused to give him a spot on her network which speaks volumes.

I hope this mother has her child back and Steve Harvey, just go away.

• R. Parker

December 23, 2013 at 11:36 am

I too believe this woman was misused and abused. That’s what happens. He dumped her for a newer model and all a sudden she became this vile beastly woman. She can’t win in court because she doesn’t have the resources he has to fight him in court. The problem I have is that he could have moved on without smearing this woman’s character to make himself look good. Some people pass judgment and side with him because of his star status — not me.

• Devon

December 24, 2013 at 1:16 am

The judge awarded him custody because he was deemed the better parent ans his ex is a loon. Look at her history of lies and deceit and voilating judges orders to keep her moutb shut and not discuss the divorce proceedings or to discuss this case. Women need to understand when a man no longer wants them acting a dayum fool wont make men want them back. She and Wades ex are sour, bitter women wasting their time trying to make their ex’s miserable, while their ex’s have moved on, met and married other women. As a black woman I find both those women to be train wrecks. I would advise Steve to hire extra security and Dwade and Gabby hire armed guards during their wedding.

16. Mac armstrong

December 22, 2013 at 3:19 pm

If he think this is abuse wait till the guards and inmates in one of these jails would do to him…IJS now that would bu abusive…

17. Ann G.

December 22, 2013 at 4:58 pm

As a father, Steve was making a statement that he will not put up with his son telling tall tales to his teacher or his parents. More kids need their butts beat with a belt, I got mine when I was young and it had nothing to do with abuse, there is a difference between a good old fashion butt whipping and abuse whereas you are knocking them upside the head, breaking legs, blacking eyes etc., what went down between Steve and the child’s mother plus the other woman has nothing to do with your child growing up to be a productive citizen instead of a jail thug, Steve was just being what he is supposed to be…a father! If we had more fathers like him there would be less drug dealers on the streets killing innocent people. He wants the best for his son!

18. Oren Elow

December 22, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I have no comment but this: if Steve has anything in the closet, then one day it will come out and reveal his other side if there is one.

19. Candy

December 22, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Mary needs to get on with all of dat mess and move on…..

20. Big Papa

December 22, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Got a lot of haters out there Steve, be careful brother. Evidently she wasn’t the one you were suppose to assigned to.
    If the person you are with isn’t your designated assignee then you’re probably in for the wildest ride of that journey and never ending free fall of terror. Help me! I’m in a relationship from Hades! Help

21. Johnny

December 23, 2013 at 5:47 am

I don’t know any of these people persoally and I doubt most people commenting do. What I do know is that it is 2013 and not 1953. There is a case to be made about abuse. Now that’s not to say that Steve Harvey is guilty of a abuse. However, with a radio show, 2 tv shows that I’M sure require a lot of attention, how much time is being spent to see how this kid is adjusting after all he’s been through with the divorce and whatever else? I’m just asking. I won’t demonize this woman because I don’t know her. I like Steve Harvey and have followed his comedy for years, but I won’t give him the benefit of the doubt for the same reason; I don’t know him. One more question; is there a chance that celebrity played a role? Again, I’m just asking.

22. Bernard

December 23, 2013 at 7:32 am

That is BS. I remember some years ago when Steve flew out here to Tennessee for a comedy show. I’ll never forget it. After he was done with the show and had earned his money. He brought out on the stage what was then a 3 year old son(11 year old today). That said a lot to me about how he felt about his children. His wife was not with him neither was his other kids. He made that trip with that 3 year old alone.

Does that mean he hasn’t whipped his son. No it doesn’t mean that. Infact I remember him saying two things while that 3 year old was on stage after the show. “I recommend cussin at cha kids” which was a half hearted joke I think…then he said he believed in whipping their ass. I actually think he is to be commended for whipping his son’s @$$. All this nonsense about the child couldn’t pee for 3 days…I don’t believe that. I believe the mother as many of them do..coddle especially the boys after they have had their @$$ beaten for something. In this case, it’s just magnified because he’s steve Harvey. That’s why may of the boys now grow up like little girls. Every time they get a cut on them, the mother spends 4 and 5 days inventing reasons to put something on the sore. They need balance. Whenever my son came in from a branch cut or something…I told him to wash that crap off with peroxide and go on back outside. Told the wife we aren’t going to the damn emergency room everytime he sheds a little blood. The ex wife in this case is just using a good ole fashioned ass whipping as a reason to go and cry to the media about Harvey doing exactly what he should have been doing. I don’t think he’s perfect by any means. He has had like 3 marriages…we all have our own faults, but in this particular case, it sounds like he was being a father. The judge saw right through that nonsense and the first chance he/she got threw it out.

23. Devon

December 24, 2013 at 1:19 am

@ Candy – LOL!!!!! I AGREE!

24. Matt

December 24, 2013 at 10:55 am

‘Honour thy father and thy mother; that thy days may be long in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.’—Ex. 20:12.
    ‘Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.’—Eph. 6:1.
    ‘Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well-pleasing in the Lord.’—Col. 3:20.

THE first four commandments have reference to God, the last five to our neighbour. In between stands the fifth. It is linked to the first four, because to the young child the parent takes the place of God; from him the child must learn to trust and obey his God. And it is the transition to the last five, because in the family is the foundation of society, and there the first experience comes of all the greater duties and difficulties of intercourse with men at large. As the training-school for all our intercourse with God and man, this commandment lies at the foundation of all Divine and human law, of all our worship of God, and all our intercourse with man.

Of the ten, this one is specially the children’s commandment. But just on that account, very specially too, the parents’ commandment. A wise ruler makes good subjects; a firm commander, faithful soldiers; it is on the parents’ character that the children’s fulfilment of this precept will depend. And so it leads us to consider what parents must be if they are to succeed in training their children to honour them. Most of you may not I agree this is Old school. Do your thing Steve, Protect your seed.

25. Devon

December 25, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I swear as much as SOME black women claim to love their kids seems they HATE the fathers of their kids MORE than they LOVE their kids…a wise brotha said that SOME black women are the WORST STEWARDS OF CHILDREN.

26. Warren Shaw

December 31, 2013 at 8:57 am

Steve Harvey is a brilliant entertainer and a flawed human being. We all are the latter.
    Despite flaws I bet he loves his son dearly and gave him a old fashioned “a## whooping”
    I got them when I was growing up and ,admittedly needed many of them.
    Leave Steve alone. We can judge him all day, but only one judge matters.

27. Pingback: Order Viagra Online