Celebrities

Jay-Z Admits to Being Attracted to Beyoncé When She Was 16: Is He Another R. Kelly?

Jay-Z gets slammed by Tyrese fans after admitting that he knew hed marry Beyonce when she was 16. www.naturallymoi.com

Reported by Ashley Naples

Following the release of his album titled Black Panties, there’s been a lot of criticism thrown at R&B singer R. Kelly about his history of questionable activities with underaged girls. When the singer was in his late-twenties, he secretly married the late R&B singer Aaliyah when she was just 15 years old. That incident, coupled with a sεx tape allegedly featuring the singer urinating on a 14-year-old girl, have raised concerns about why R. Kelly is still respected as an artist.

A post on Jay-Z’s Instagram account now have many people questioning whether or not the hip-hop and business icon preyed on an underaged Beyoncé when she was sixteen. The post reads: “The way has changed my life. If i didnt have her? Where would i be? Who will i be? Sometimes i wonder if i would still be Jay-Z. It’s so surreal. First time i laid eyes on her she was 16. I had a thought in my head. ‘She’d be mine’, became my best friend… 20 years old, it was time. Before she knew it, she made me swallow my pride and my own words bit me in the αss… ‘Forever mackin’ 8 years later.” There is no confirmation as to whether or not the account is actually Jay-Z’s, but R&B singer Tyrese Gibson re-posted the image and caption on his Facebook page on Tuesday, which sparked a debate. Given that the rapper’s wife  is 12 years his junior, many people were stunned by his admission of eyeing an underaged Beyoncé when he was 28 years old.

So, how should we feel about a 28-year-old man lυsting after a 16-year-old? For years, many people have argued that men have a natural attraction to younger “women,” i.e. girls between the ages of 12-17, because hormones that appear in a female’s body during her menstrual cycle make her appear more attractive. This may be why the first President of the United States married an underaged teenager and why legendary rock star Elvin Presley also dated his first wife when she was underaged. While there seems to be a scientific explanation given to this phenomenon, some believe science is truly not the cause of a man’s attraction for a young girl. One author references two books that rebuff the scientific explanation for men being attracted to underaged girls. “Two recent books do a superb job of puncturing the argument that male sεxuality is primarily a creature of evolutionary programming,” Hugo Schwyzer’s article reads. “University of North Carolina professor Martha McGaughey’s The Caveman Mystique: Pop-Darwinism and the Debates Over Sεx, Violence and Science (Routledge, 2008) makes the convincing case that our beliefs about male sεxuality form the science, and not the other way around. In other words, men who want a reason to chase younger women are desperate to claim that what is a culturally constructed choice is really an unavoidable biological reality.”

So, what does this mean for Jay-Z? Does he get a pass because he married his teenage crush? Is it OK because he’s more famous than R. Kelly? Is it OK because he doesn’t indicate that they dated while Beyoncé was a teen?

Is Jay-Z another R. Kelly? Why? Why not?

1. Devon

December 20, 2013 at 3:27 am

If he didn’t fuck her, he’s not like R. Kelly. Madame Noir needs to stop trying to stir up shit and nitpicking. Maybe they should focus on a real predator like R Kelly and how these black girls never got their day in court because everyone sold them out, including their cowardly, good for nothing, shitty parents.

2. Devon

December 20, 2013 at 3:32 am

And people need to stop being naive. MEN love to look at sexy, tight, nubile bodies. If I had five dollars for every man I caught looking at me when I was 16, I could retire, and I’m only 25. One of the “secrets” men won’t tell because they fear being judged. Long as they don’t TOUCH a 16 year old girl, they haven’t committed a crime. Like one of the people who commented said, Jay waited until she was 20. As for Foxy Brown’s bat shit crazy, has been ass, I don’t believe a word of what she said. She was CRUSHING on Jay back in the day and when he wifed up Beyonce she resented him for it…Just like Lil’ Kim resented Biggie for wifing up Faith.

• Angel44

December 20, 2013 at 8:35 am

I agree with you totaly Devon.
      Well said.

3. Yolanda Hinton

December 20, 2013 at 11:24 am

What an ignorant question….is this what they call journalism now…wow…where is this country going…other than to hell

4. DUBIII

December 20, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Right on point Devon! Men are more visual in their attraction to the opposite sex, whereas women are more emotional in their attraction to the opposite sex. That’s not to say women are not visually stimulated in their attraction to men, it’s just that men are emphatically more visual creatures. I don’t believe we should totally discount the scientific explanation of evolutionary programming. With women evolving physically at 14, 15, & 16 years of age, it’s only natural for all males, boys & men included, to be physically attracted to the girls at that age. Like Devon said, most men won’t admit this for fear of being judged. Devon also touched upon something else. Restraint & self control. That’s the key! Present day laws are put in place to protect the girls at that age because we live in a very different time. It would be different if the girls were mentally & emotionally mature at that age & the older men weren’t preying on them for their own sexual needs but more often than not, that’s not the case. Most girls that age are not mentally & emotionally mature & most men are lustful towards women regardless of any age. Laws are put in place for the men who cannot, will not, or just flat out refuse to practice self control. I liken this to that of married men. Married men have to go against their natural inclination & practice self control. Do you honestly believe all men cease to be attracted to other women simply because they are married? The look but don’t touch rule applies in both cases. As for the R Kelly, Jay Z debate, they are definitely not the same. Jay Z is just like most men. He used self control, waited, fell in love, & eventually married Beyonce. His only crime is being honest & truthful. R Kelly on the other hand is a disgrace. Not for being attracted to young girls because as a man I can relate. But he’s a disgrace because he goes beyond the sanctity of self control & dives head first( no pun intended) into pedophilia & sexual deviancy. Although I’m a fan of his music, as a person, not so much. As a repeat offender, his ass needs to be locked up!

5. Devon

December 21, 2013 at 4:49 am

@DUBIII Well said! People need to grow up and deal with reality. Hell, when I was a young teen I was attracted to men age 19, 20, 21 because they seemed mature and together, were in college, working and driving their own cars. But with Mom and Dad were hovering over me like buzzards, so nothing came out of my attraction LOL! Seriously physical attraction is a part of being human, it’s not like we’re talking about men being attracted to six year old girls. There are men who look but would NEVER touch….then there are the R. Kellys of the world, SMH.

6. arriell

December 22, 2013 at 5:54 am

Does anyone do any research? lol Jay-Z doesn’t have an instagram account. This same info was circulated back in the spring. Its fake. He never said this. It’s crazy how someone can just put out an article with wrong information and people just run with it.

7. cheche

December 22, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Can someone explain to me why its alright to be attracted to a 16 year old girl when your old behind is old enough to be the 16 year older’s father? Perverts!

• Green

February 3, 2014 at 12:43 am

Um, how is Jay Z going to be old enough to be Beyonce’s father when he’s 12 years her senior??? That means he would have been 12 when she was born………..lawd.Plus, who said he was attracted to her. He may of just thought she was pretty. Or, perhaps he thought she was older than what she really was. She did look very old for her age back then. Men looked at me all the time when I was a teen. That is because I was tall and looked older for my age. Once a man sat down with me at a coffee shop, and tried to start up a conversation. I was only 14. My mannerisms must given me away, and he asked how old I was. When I told him, he jumped out of his chair like he saw a ghost and never came back. I wasn’t trying to flirt with the man. I was a really sheltered and thought he’d go away if talked to him and told him my age.

8. Lily

March 6, 2014 at 6:38 am

Please give Jayonce some break? He said first time he laid eyes on her was when she was 16 (he never said he dated her) WTF is the heat for? He loved her then and now, who wouldn’t? Whoever posted this should grab a seat and get a life.

9. Lily

March 6, 2014 at 6:43 am

Stupid journalism! Nobody is perfect so nobody should judge Jayz for telling the truth. He admitted falling for her not that he dated her back then she was 16. He should never be compared to R.kelly and whoever posted this a douche for trying to make senseless meaning out of nothing. Y’all are just haters and busy bodies.#Think about y’all life#

10. izzi

April 2, 2020 at 4:18 am

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

11. Isiah Carbonara

April 7, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Simply want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is simply cool and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

12. فیلم سک

April 9, 2020 at 1:20 am

Thanks You

13. Antoine Ohrenich

April 9, 2020 at 10:28 am

Asking questions are really good thing if you are not understanding anything fully, however this post offers pleasant understanding even.

14. izzi.co.il

April 9, 2020 at 3:01 pm

Very good info. Lucky me I discovered your site by accident (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!

15. izzi.co.il

April 10, 2020 at 9:39 am

Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is wonderful, as well as the content!

16. penny stocks long term investment

April 14, 2020 at 9:59 am

I love reading through a post that can make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

17. Joshua Wholly

April 30, 2020 at 4:21 am

I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I’m very happy that I found this during my search for something regarding this.