Celebrities

At the age of 50, Michael Jordan is expecting Twins

michael jordan dad at 50by Barry Burch Jr.

Just when the phrase “I want to be like Mike” seemed to be slipping back into the pages of history, Michael Jordan has done it again.  Granted, his most recent accomplishment was not on the court, but there is no denying that the announcement regarding a 50-year-old expecting identical twins is not something you hear every day.

According to TMZ, Michael and wife Yvette, who married in April, are expecting a new addition to their family.  The due date is still a mystery.  Michael already has three children from a previous marriage.  He and first wife Janita Vanoy had Marcus, Jasmine and Jeffrey Jordan together.

Though Jordan is surely celebrating the news of the twins, he has still not been able to do the same for his home, which he is selling for $13 million, as reported by Mail Online.  The mansion is 56,000-square-feet and realtors working alongside Michael have decided to carry the proposed sale over to the New Year.  Michael originally had the fully furnished home posted at a sale price of $29 million.  Last year it was the most expensive home in Chicago.  According to public records, the property taxes alone were $178,900.

“We are disappointed that the high bid in today’s auction of Michael Jordan’s residence in Highland Park did not meet the reserve price,” said spokeswoman for Michael Jordan, Estee Portnoy.  “Concierge Auctions gave great exposure to the property and opportunity, but the market conditions were just not right to drive a fair value.”

MJ has done a remarkable job with regard to his entrepreneurial spirit.  After retiring from professional basketball, Michael continued to build his brand.  He is the  majority owner and chairman of the Charlotte Bobcats.

Congratulations on the twins, MJ!

__________

Barry is a scholar, who enjoys writing, arithmetic and politics.  Reach him @ Barryburchjr@gmail.com

1. bubles

December 19, 2013 at 1:15 am

yawl are crazy lol!

2. Mary Ann Williams

December 19, 2013 at 9:57 am

I really thought Mike would go back to his first wife and am saddened to hear this. You are such an inspiration to so many young men and I really hoped your values would be different. I used to brag about Mike’s being one of the celebs that you didn’t read about all the time. I am just disappointed.

Hmmm….

• R. Parker

December 19, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I’m not surprised. He cheated on Juanita all through their marriage. He supposedly has a prenup with his new wife but she has found a way to insure that she takes him to the cleaners by getting pregnant. He was something to be admired on the court but off the court he is no Magic Johnson.

• DoverDavisJr

December 19, 2013 at 6:39 pm

You and Mary Ann should stop. What about Tyra Banks, Eve and those other rich black females who married poor white men. Why don’t you talk about them? Oh I know, that is different.

If you all appreciated black men and stopped trying to dominate black men and stopped that sisterhood crap, men like Michael Jordan would marry women like you.

I suggest that “You try a little tenderness”.

• R. Parker

December 23, 2013 at 11:41 am

I will talk about what I want to talk about and my opinion still stands. Michael Jordan is getting played for his money. I don’t care who Mike marries but I am calling it like I see it. I prefer Magic Johnson over Michael Jordan and that’s final. Go ask Jim Brown, a real brother.

3. JDub81

December 19, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Since his best friend…Charles Barkley…is married to a white woman, Mike went and found him a white Cuban who incidentally are notorious haters against American blacks. Just another house negro.

4. Devon

December 21, 2013 at 5:27 am

Oh please yall always worrying about who black men are marrying, it’s not your dayum business WHO Mike marries.

Now what yall SHOULD be doing is BOYCOTTING the hell out of Michael and those fugly azz sneakers he sells for $200 bucks a pair and is getting wealthier by the day off people most of who can barely pay their dayum RENT and put food on the table. But oh no they gotta buy these fugly sneakers so their BABY BOYS feet can be in style!! Meanwhile these kids are out here blowing off the heads of other kids and taking their Jordans off their feet, or rioting in the streets and busting up in stores to get a pair of Jordans, in every urban area across the country. Be concerned about THIS and leave Mike and his pale wife alone.

5. Free Rehab Centers

March 26, 2020 at 4:10 pm

Free Inpatient Drug Rehab Near Me http://aaa-rehab.com Alcohol Rehab Near Me http://aaa-rehab.com Free Alcohol Treatment

6. Tinhoc 10B

April 20, 2020 at 9:41 am

Articles created by an expert. It is great to visit your website. I scholastic a lot of knowledge here.