Woman Asks for Help After Car Accident and Gets Shot in the Head

ewopewopew

by Barry Burch Jr.

When you are black, there is always an excuse for someone to kill you.  Sure, murder is inexcusable, but that is what the excuses are for – to avoid the label of “murder.”  A woman who was reportedly in distress during the middle of the night was shot fatally and is now being considered a potential victim in a case of self-defense gone wrong, as reported by WJBK-TV.

The victim, Renisha McBride, 19, was in a car accident in Dearborn Heights, Mich., which is just outside of Detroit, and in need of assistance.  Her only mistake; she knocked on the wrong door.  According to Detroit News, she was shot to death on the porch.

Bernita Spins, McBride’s aunt, points to racial profiling.

“He shot her in the head . . .  for what?  For knocking on his door,” Spinks said to the paper.  “If he felt scared or threatened, he should have called 911 . . . She went looking for help and now she’s dead.”

In case there are any questions with regard to McBride’s character (in these cases there always are), her friends and family describe her as someone with a soft voice that keeps to herself.”  They also say that she is hard-working, as reported by WJBK-TV.

Originally, authorities said McBride’s body was left on the porch after her death, but later it was determined the porch is where she was shot.  A shooter has been identified, but the name has not been released.  The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office is responsible for charging the suspect in this matter.

Very little details have been released about this tragic incident, but there are a wide variety of responses from the public already; some are sad, others are angry.  And parallels are constantly being drawn between what happened to McBride and other African-Americans who have been murdered for no sane reason.

Barry is a scholar, who enjoys writing, arithmetic and politics.  Reach him @ Barryburchjr@gmail.com

1. Warren Johnson

November 7, 2013 at 7:08 am

White people will continue to shoot Blacks as long as they can get away with it. In the interim, Blacks have guns pointed on other Blacks….

• au

November 7, 2013 at 12:10 pm

guess we got to use the same tactics they use and stand our freakin’ ground, cause now we’re in fear of our lives too!

• Kacey

November 7, 2013 at 12:37 pm

It’s not a race thing is just a pure evil thing… People are so quick to holler race especially black people. . White, black, portorican,or Chinese if you take someone’s life I’m sure it’s not always a race issue.

• Harold

November 7, 2013 at 3:09 pm

She would be alive if she was white.

2. Greg

November 7, 2013 at 11:03 am

This is the worst race situation I have heard in a long time.

3. MsPeppa

November 7, 2013 at 11:04 am

Maybe now some of you STUPID black people who are always coming down on militant black will wake the hell up. White people are evil and they HATE black people because they can no longer LEGALLY enslave and walk all over us. So now they use this I am afraid for my life excuse to murder black people. And you dumb asses rather help them, by constantly killing each other.

• au

November 7, 2013 at 11:26 am

i agree with you

4. Charles J. McHenry

November 7, 2013 at 11:09 am

This open season on killing Black people and claiming self defense must be addressed by the law or other activity will be taken.

• au

November 7, 2013 at 11:27 am

yessiree! it’s about time for a revolution!!

5. Ann G.

November 7, 2013 at 11:09 am

I find this so hard to believe, is this not the second time a Black person has been shot when all they needed was help due to being in a car accident, one male and now a female! Does a Redneck not know the difference between someone knocking on your door and someone trying to break in, yes they do, it is just a matter as what color is knocking. This cracker should be charged with murder, there is no other way to look at it! I bet this cracker thinks he is a Christian too, we are all children of God when are White people going to wake up and realize this fact, there will be no excuses come judgment day! There will be no way to pay your way out of this hell you have created for every other race on this Earth.

6. mmdccbslm

November 7, 2013 at 11:11 am

‘stand you ground laws’ = ‘open season on black people’

• au

November 7, 2013 at 11:28 am

maybe we should use their same tactics and stand our ground if so, until their is a change in the law to our benefit

7. Merridee

November 7, 2013 at 11:14 am

This is so tragic and sad. I hope the people who murdered her get life without possibility of parole and that her family also wins against her murderer in civil court so that they’re financially ruined forever.

• elrancho2

November 7, 2013 at 11:54 am

I hope so too. I really hope they pay the hightest price and it’s well publicized so other ignorant racists know they can no longer get away with this kind of thing.

8. Chnita Muhammad

November 7, 2013 at 11:21 am

Bismillah

As-Salaam-Alaikum

Two families have lost love ones here in this tragedy:))
    May Allah be at the Center of all things:))

9. au

November 7, 2013 at 11:30 am

being that it appears to be open season on black people, then perhaps and maybe we should use their same tactics and stand our ground too and, until their is a change in the law that works towards our benefit in equality.. or else, when is the revolution taking place? it’s about time?

10. MsPeppa

November 7, 2013 at 11:33 am

I am not going to say anything when black peron murders a white child, for running onto his porch to get his frisbee. And if any of you black people say something, I will be right there to read the shyt out of you. I am tired of this shyt. Every fvcking month nother black person is shot by some racist white nasty devil and the only thing a lot of you can say is the law needs to do this and that. How about WE need to do something. Like make a change and these pvnk pvssy azz gangs need to do something to retalite against those racists, instead of killing their own. I am starting to think that black gangs are employed by the law to kill blacks.

• Eddie Donahoo

November 7, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Very insightful ms peppa

• au

November 7, 2013 at 12:45 pm

you made a point Peppa. i agree with you.. these gangs should do better work and stop killing off their own (black army).. they (whites) want fear? then give em fear gangbangers.

• Mela

November 7, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I agree. I think these gangbangers are on somebody’s payroll, and they are working cheap. These demons know exactly what they are doing and we still seem to be on the “Lawd have mercy!” thing. It’s time to wise up.

11. Rex Barnett

November 7, 2013 at 11:41 am

Tell the ignorant rappers to keep puttin’ out stupid racially profiling music that is junk! which gives fools like this a reason to feel justified in killing BLACK PEOPLE. Keep up the good work, BOYS!

• Donna

November 7, 2013 at 12:06 pm

So in other words Rex, songs are making these White folks kill Black folks? THAT IS THE STUPIDEST SHIT I’VE HEAR IN A LONG TIME. So you’re telling me that White folks aren’t smart enough to separate a rp song form a person or a race of people? Are you also telling me that White people believe EVERYTHING they see or hear as FACTS; that they don’t bother to find out the truth? Do not put this on rappers. You can’t make them the scapegoat for the way White folks thinks about Blacks. They hated us long before rap came along. Sorry, but your reasoning doesn’t hold water and is simply a poor-ass excuse for White to kill Blacks.

• au

November 7, 2013 at 12:40 pm

no… it’s just time, to fight back! don’t blame your “brother”, but be your brothers keeper!

12. robeana thomas

November 7, 2013 at 11:51 am

There comes a time when enough is enough. I believe in non violence but its obvious that caucasians have no common sense. They can say anything they want but if someone knocks on my door the 1st thing I’m gonna do is call 911 after I look out the window or ask through the door what the problem is.

13. Eddie Donahoo

November 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm

This act of evil perpetuated against 19 yr old renisha mcbride was a mad blood thirsty evil act.

If I was her family I would have to say not killing the persons in that house by an sks armor piercing rounds or any manchine gun suitable would be hard.

Losing my daughter in such a way would possibly lead me to murder the persons reponsible and turn me into a monster by taking their love one life in front of them..

The law has become more warped again showing ills of the caste system s of governmental bodies judicial systems officers of law mayors governors supervisors managers and government grant recipient for profit government service .

This is a sad addition to the question of freedom and independents and liberty of blacks called citizens of america.

Who do not have an independent judicial source banking armed force air force military force energy source and the list goes on..

• au

November 7, 2013 at 12:32 pm

don’t worry.. i think the “natives” are getting angry. & it’s time to stand our ground too.. eye for an eye until the law works justice for all.. fk! cause now, we’re in fear for our lives too. and as long as we sit here idly, we’re sitting ducks! waiting for it to happen in our own home. i say we fight fire w/fire… cause now, w/all justification i feel we are or should be in fear for our lives any time you see a white man approach. if this is what they want it? to be a race war? then we best to prepare and stand our ground because, legally, any black person is a target

14. au

November 7, 2013 at 12:10 pm

15. Karen C Jackson

November 7, 2013 at 12:11 pm

NO COMMENT:::::::

16. au

November 7, 2013 at 12:38 pm

don’t worry.. i think the “natives” are getting angry. & it’s time to stand our ground too.. eye for an eye until the law works equal in justice for all.. fk! cause now, we’re in fear for our lives too. and as long as we sit here idly, we’re sitting ducks! waiting for it to happen in our own home. i say we fight fire w/fire… cause now, w/all justification i feel we are or should be in fear for our lives any time you see a white man approach. if this is what they want it? to be a race war? then we best to prepare and stand our ground because, legally, any black person is a target

this whole shyt is just pissing me off. but if they can use that law against us (who are doing nothing), i think we have every right to honor that belief and justifiably act on it by the law given and is evidenced (of these deaths amongst us by whites), that our lives are retrospectively in danger, we fear for our lives and hereby stand our grounds.. it just may be time for the revol(t)ution scripture speaks of

17. kdd

November 7, 2013 at 1:33 pm

This is reprehensible! This poor woman is involved in a car accident and knocks on a door for help and gets shot to death as though she were some rabid dog!!! I truly feel that when President Obama became president. that all the settled residue of racial hatred lying in America’s belly, rose to the top and puked all over America! This nation is sick with hatred! Our Black communities are imploding with internalized racism, and coupled with the acquittal of George Zimmerman, Blacks are now being targeted. The court’s ruling that all a White person has to do is feel threatened, and that is grounds enough to shoot and kill another human being was heard loud and clear in White America. White men are shooting and killing Blacks and getting away with it by using Stand Your Ground. The cops are using another phraseology to justify killing US: “I felt threatened! I thought my life was in danger!” It feels as if I have been thrown back into the 19th century! Shooting Blacks has become the new lynching technique of this era and as in the era when Whites were allowed to lynch Blacks, increasingly in this era of Obama backlash, more of us becoming like the “Strange Fruit” Billy Holiday sang to describe the Black men she saw hanging from trees in the South. Well the strange fruit isn’t hanging from trees any more but lying in the streets of America, bleeding, bruised…dead. I don’t know what it will take for us to receive the respect that is entitled to all human beings, but the killing of US has to stop!!! How can any of us feel safe knowing that an animal has more rights than a Black person?!!

18. Dr. Tim Lucas Adams, Th. D.

November 7, 2013 at 2:10 pm

We Do NOT Need to call ourselves Christians, and a Christian Nation; and Allow this type of MURDER to Continue in the United States of America. God has Empowered us to Have All Possible Laws and Practices to prevent this from happening. This has happened FAR too Often and the Guns Need to Be REGISTERED Period !

19. 1hotspec

November 7, 2013 at 2:27 pm

This article said nothing of the person’s race who shot McBride. Is everyone jumping to a conclusion based on this article? Furthermore, instead of reacting we should be acting to make changes in society. This rabid vitriol only incites anger of the community instead of getting together and finding justice and explanation for this horrific incident. Once everyone can overcome their hatred, on both sides, can we move forward as a society of the human RACE.

20. Michael

November 7, 2013 at 2:31 pm

If you want to stop white people from killing us than we need to take them out the same way they are killing us. In the 1960’s there was an organization called The Black Panthers for everyone they killed of ours we kill them. The number Black’s being killed drop off dramatically when it came to the killing of Black people.

They don’t even care about us and the Obama Administration and his Justice Dept. won’t even take a look at what’s happening to the killing of African Americans in this country.

Where are the Panther’s now! when we need them? I think I know the answer to my own question. The old school Panther’s are either dead or are still incarcerated because the government knows these brothers would not hesitate to take a white person out. The New Panther’s are too soft.

21. Walter

November 7, 2013 at 2:42 pm

ANGLO LAW RULES.. AND THEY REALLLLLLLLLLLY MISS SLAVERY.. JUST SAYIN

22. Amazing Grace

November 7, 2013 at 2:55 pm

@Kdd, well say, you hit the nail on the head. Yes, these insane white mofo’s are lynching us with hollowpoint’ and getting away with. How the he££ you going to be afraid of someone when you are the only one with a gun? Yet, the laws are tilted in favor of whites. African-American’ we are still in a colonial society based on property being first and foremost. Personally I think gangbangers are scared of these crazy racist, both carry guns but never engage one another.

23. Harold

November 7, 2013 at 3:11 pm

As usual, we try to blame ourselves for their wrongful actions. We hope god will make them act civilized. Will we ever do anything about it?

24. ericaf

November 7, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Prayers for her loved ones.

25. Imhotep

November 7, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Very sad, I dnt know what to say this time!! Such a pretty yung lady. Who would want to shoot the brains out of this lady? This Country is gone to the dogs!! May her death be avenged in this life, by the hands of her luvd ones and may the shooter burn in this life!! Ptah Ra

26. Max715

November 7, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I SAY KEEP KILLING THESE NEEGROES THEY DESERVE EVERY BULLET THEY GET. THE ARE LIKE THE DUMB SHEEP’S THEY ARE CONSTANTLY BEING TOLD TO REMAIN IN CHURCH. THEY DON’T EXERCISE THEIR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS, 80% OF THEM DON’T LIKE TO READ ,THEY WATCH TV & TWERK MORE THAN THEY WANT TO LEARN THEIR OWN HISTORY, THEY ARE NOT UNITED , THEY HATE THEIR OWN AND MURDER EACH OTHER WITHOUT BLINKING , 85% DONT KNOW THEIR HISTORY BEYOND BEING SLAVE DESCENDANTS , THEY PROSTITUTE THEMSELVES ON TALK SHOWS FOR $500 TO THE DETRIMENT OF THEIR OWN COMMUNITY. THEIR LEADERS AND PASTORS ALL SELL THEM OUT FOR MONEY AND FAME STARTING FROM W.E.B DUBOISE WHO SOLD OUT MARCUS GARVEY WHO CAME TO AMERICA TO SAVE THEIR WEAK ASSES. THEY WEAR OTHER PEOPLES HAIRS EXCEPT THEIR OWN CALLED WEAVES BECAUSE THEY HATE THEIR OWN HAIR. THEY DON’T READ AND ASK WHY ALL MOST BLACK PEOPLE ARE CHRISTIANS AND WHETHER JESUS IS A TRUE STORY WHICH IT IS NOT (CESAR BORGIA IS JESUS. THEY WOULD RATHER SUPPORT ARAB STORES, CHINESE FOOD STORES AND WEAVE SHOPS , MAKING THEM RICH AND HATEFUL TOWARDS US INSTEAD OF SUPPORT THEIR OWN. SO I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE BEING SHOT IN THE FACE HEAD NECK AND BACK, BECAUSE THEY CAN ONLY LEARN THROUGH LYNCHING , PAIN AND MORE PAIN. STAY UNCONSCIOUS B!TCHES , OR KEEP PAYING WITH YOUR LIVES.

27. DJ

November 7, 2013 at 8:05 pm

KaceyOPEN YOUR EYES. U CANT BE THE SOLUTION IF U CANT SEE THE PROBLEM . Yes your right ITs evil and ITS UNGODLY AND its also A RACE THING.Sugarcoating the problem, racism, doesnt fix it.

28. Toni

November 7, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I live in Kentucky and my next door neighbor brought a gun out one day and kept coming out for me to see that she had a gun. She finally stood in her door and pointed at the gun and pointed at me as if to say this is for you.
    This neighbor has a very dear friend that is a police officer that patrols this district. She does whatever she wants to do and gets by with it. I am afraid for my life and I know that one day she will decide to use her weapon.
    You are so correct, Blacks do point guns at other Black People.

29. Devon

November 8, 2013 at 12:58 am

Whoever shot this girl didn’t have to, she wasn’t a threat to the homeowner, he could have just called 911 and let the cops handle it.

But I won’t open my door to anybody needing help, I can’t take the chance of it being a set up to get in my home and hurt me, and I don’t care if the person knocking got kids with them. Wait outside while I call 911. If it turns out to be somebody who’ll try to kick in or shoot in my door, I’ll be sitting in my recliner with my loaded .38 pointed at the door.

30. Chill

November 8, 2013 at 2:52 pm

This is sad! But we as a ppl are the ones that will have to bring about change! Each one teach one!! If we as a ppl change, society itself would change! There I no way we expect “them” to change when “they” have always been this way. Stop pointing fingers and start doing something!!!

31. remona

November 8, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Why is it now becoming the norm for black people to become target practice. Omg this young lady just wanted a lil assistance and this man shot her like a dog, this situation is so sad. My prayer goes out to her family.