News

Courtroom Win: Tyrese Says He Gives All He Can, but Ex-Wife Still Wants More Money

Last week, singer and actor Tyrese Gibson took to social media to vent his frustration with a child support suit filed by his ex-wife, Norma tyrese and daughterMitchell Gibson. “Real MEN and Fathers… Pray a hard prayer for me this morning from wherever you are. This morning is gonna be a rough one,” he tweeted, along with the hashtag #ShaylaDadLove. On Instagram, Gibson lamented California’s custody laws, saying they were “financially set up to make you become a victim of your own success.”

The social media postings were Gibson’s way of telling his fans that he was being taken to court by his ex-wife, who was petitioning  for higher child support payments, and calling him an absentee father.

According to TMZ, Gibbs pointed to a luxurious birthday party he threw for his daughter’s fifth birthday, where she received over 200 gifts, as proof that he’s not absent from his child’s life. Gibson also revealed in court that he pays for his daughter’s nanny and private school fees.

Now, however, Gibson is surely breathing a sigh of relief since the judge ruled in his favor. Norma’s request for an increase in child support was denied by the court last week. The child support payments will remain the same.

Last week Gibson also posted from his upcoming book, where he speaks honestly of what it means to be a true parent:

“Writing my 3rd book called BLACK-ROSE’ here’s a preview.. Thank God she’s too young to understand, Thank God there are still play-dates, friends and fun stuff that she’s always doing that keeps her away from grown up stuff…. My goal as your father is to minimize your exposure to dysfunction cause I can never assume that you are too young to be affected by WHAT’s being said or reading into the energies that they are exposed to,” he writes.

1. Kelly Sandifer

September 2, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Keep up the great work as a father to keep your baby from as much exposure as possible!!! Thumbs up to every father that is stepping up!!! I didn’t have that so I applaude!!!!

2. Dania

September 2, 2013 at 6:13 pm

That’s what he gets for marrying a gold digger.

• Anjee

September 2, 2013 at 8:26 pm

When will these black celebrities learn? If you are only looking for a light, bright, damn near white,hot body, long haired, light eyed, beauty…then here’s what you sometimes really get: A women who makes her way in life being the arm trophy of well to do men, then she finds her sucker…marry me, I want pretty babies, you know the “good hair syndrome” and Voila! He never took the time to find out who he was getting with, he bedded her, before he knew her. She did her best Hooker routine and blew his mind. Caution, this also works in reverse with well to do women. The moral of this story: Beauty and physique are fleeting, substance of heart is ever lasting. Take your time, get to know the person before you sample the goods, Friends make the best lovers…just my opinion.

A.

• cheche

September 2, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Amen Anjee…Amen!

• byron

September 3, 2013 at 8:52 am

Yes Anjee….because as we all know…dark skinned black black women with shorter, natural hair are always great, dependable women whom you can always count on. And, they are NEVER gold diggers, right? Bullshit! They can be just a devious.

• byron

September 3, 2013 at 8:53 am

That’s just AS devious.

• olivia pope

September 3, 2013 at 3:11 pm

So instead he depended on this white one and look what happened. LOL.

• twinnsgirl

September 4, 2013 at 9:59 am

Why you mad cause she white? jealous much!!?

• TT_CA

September 3, 2013 at 11:23 am

So True!..
        Tyrese doesn’t like his own blackness!.. Tyrese doesn’t like a dark skinned women such as his self!.. And because he wanted a white (other Than black) woman. this is the trouble he landed him self in!..
        Tyrese is the same man who dates asian women and wants to send them to cooking classes!.. O_o dummy just find you a down home southern sista!..

she already know how to cook, clean, and suck.. but that would be too much like right huh Tyrese!..

• Vaughn

September 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Tyrese doesn’t like black women because of black women like you! Look at your comment and the lack of class you display when expressing yourself. Normally, black women like you have bad attitudes, 1-3 kids by 2 or 3 guys, and a bunch of weave in their head. Some of which I am sure applies to you. Women of other races are more likely not like that! That’s why the brother does not date black or dark skinned women.

• tiamette

September 3, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Really stupid comment.

• KK

September 3, 2013 at 1:25 pm

TYREES IS FREE TO DATE WHOM EVER HE WANTS TO WHETHER OR SHE’S DARK ,LIGHT ,CHINEESE, KOREAN, WHITE ECT,,,, I AM A BEAUTIFUL DARK SKINNED AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN WHO IS CONFIDENT IN HOW GOD MADE ME AND WOULDNT CHANGE IT FOR NOTHING OR NO ONE. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID…ALL AA WOMEN, ASIAN ,CAUCASION,ECT…. ARE BEAUTIFUL IN GOD’S EYES EVEN IF THEY HAVE 123456789 KIDS, BABY DADY’S AND YES WEAVE. SOOOOOOOO WHO ARE YOU TO PUT DOWN WHAT GOD CREATED AND WE ALL HAVE ISSUES AND SHORT COMINGS! IM SO TIRED OF SOME PEOPLE PUTTING AA WOMEN DOWN .IT ONLY GOES TO SHOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE, BECAUSE WHEN YOU LOVE AND ARE HAPPY WITH “YOURSELF” YOU SHOULDNT WASTE TIME PUTTING OTHERS DOWN. SELAH

• olivia pope

September 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm

And you know this how?

• jt

September 5, 2013 at 8:23 pm

It’s funny that you say that about black women I’m one myself who have 3 kids by 1 man in whom i’m married to. Oh and by the way I don’t wear weaves alllll natural. As far as my attitude I’m a very nice person until you piss me off. I have plenty of white, hispanic, black, and many other races as friends and to be honest my white friends are the easy ones. Not saying that to be rude but it’s the truth. White women are usually easy, and gives the man anything they want. Not to mention whatever he says go. Black women don’t go for that. White women tend to get pregnant by this guy or that guy but then run off and have abortions. So when you speak on a black women make sure you speak about yourself as well. Sincerely a BLACK woman with an attitude!

• twinnsgirl

September 4, 2013 at 9:54 am

Bitch what planet do you live on? Dumbass ignorant bitch. If alls you can do is cook some hamburger helper and suck dick. Then bitch you aint worth shit! quit hating on other races cause you jealous!

• Wiser

September 6, 2013 at 12:38 am

^^^^ You chick twin with 2 “N’s” or T. Winn’s girl without the apostrophe s

Did you really call someone else dumb, ignorant, all types of itches and say they aint worth ish, not a d@mn thing? Nah you couldn’t have and then you seriously are inept enough to fantasize, that any real sistah would be jealous of peons.

Girl if it was not so difficult for you, I would suggest you learn the truth of the original royal people of the ENTIRE world and so much more…simple things like hygiene, grooming,grammar, composition, etiquette, civilization, geography, African pioneers and human social conduct.

You calling folk gold diggers and worthless while you sounding worst than a knuckle scrapping neanderthal cave monkey…uncouth and uncivilized. You so gutter to the point it sounds like you don’t even wash “yo @ss”

By your written comment you truly have to talked like a slave, smell like death and look like a meth junkie. Dirty all the time? Hood 24/7?

Read much?

• Vaughn

September 4, 2013 at 10:27 am

Ms. KK (or Selah) if you have a bunch of kids, baby daddies, weave, and bad attitude and God stil loves you as you stated (and I’m not being sarcastic, I think God does love all people) then you should marry God. Because succssful educated brothers do not want any parts of that foolishness!

• gigi

September 3, 2013 at 4:49 pm

GOLDDIGGERS come in ALL SHADES, SIZES,and ETHNICITIES.

• twinnsgirl

September 4, 2013 at 10:03 am

You ain’t never lie!

• Leta

September 3, 2013 at 6:59 pm

How light or dark a persons hue is has nothing to do with being a gold digger. That’s strictly a heart issue .

• BigWill

September 5, 2013 at 1:44 am

Damn.n woman, you sound jealous as Helll, just look at the crapp you wrote;

“When will these black celebrities learn? If you are only looking for a light, bright, damnn near white, hot body, long haired, light eyed, beauty…then here’s what you sometimes really get: A women who makes her way in life being the arm trophy of well to do men, then she finds her sucker…marry me, I want pretty babies, you know the “good hair syndrome”

Your fangs are showings. Obviously, your feelings are hurt because nobody is choosing you.

• BeautifulMo

September 6, 2013 at 3:10 pm

What does her being white have to do with anything. ( Oh yes I am a Proud Black Woman) Anywho, her race his nothing to do with her demanding child support. I support Tyresse because I believe this woman is just trying to get him for his paper, and have him support her lifestyle. But I don’t think Race plays a factor. Triflin women who use their children as a means of income in all races, ages shapes and sizes. We do we as black women always have to make it about race when it comes to a black man with a white woman that is his preference. Would you feel the same way if she was a lightskin girl from the hood?

• DaShanti

September 7, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I agree totally. ….. Race isn’t the factor her intentions are and she not worried about the child she wants a free ride…..

• Becausealldarkskinnedsistersaresaints

September 7, 2013 at 3:56 am

Yeah, because dark-skinned,natural haired sisters have never been known to lie, cheat or gold-dig. Really? In what world? This really wasn’t the place for your issues with light-skinned women. And your complete lack of a balanced perspective makes that pretty obvious. Stop the hate.

• Prohustleman

September 8, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I love your ignorance.

• BigWill

September 5, 2013 at 1:28 am

@Dania- How was he or any man suppose to know for-a-fact the woman they’re in love with is a Gold Digger?? Before the marriage ring is on the finger these Gold Diggers/Sexy Women are very good at deception, deceit and lying just to get what they want.

To avoid getting trapped by a Gold Digger, I suggest EVERY man make a paternity test a condition of signing the birth certificate. Don’t you agree??

3. 2strong4u

September 2, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I agree with the judge’s ruling, it’s about time courts recognize the greater good of the child than someone (bitter) seeking sympathy for their lack of ability to move forward in life without dragging someone else down that road of disappointment. If the raising of the child becomes too much to handle, then let the father take care of his child.

4. CJD

September 2, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Shout out 2 Tyrese for being a stand up DAD. Playing a role in his child’s life and playing a role in raising her the right way. It’s a shame how many greedy and grimey chicks there are out there. Man taking care of his responsibilities and this chick is trying to take him to the “cleaners”…..Wonder if she was with him for LOVE or MONEY. SMH……….

5. Latoya Trueblood

September 3, 2013 at 3:57 am

To everyone who commented and Tyrese himself God himself was in the plans because i know Tyrese is all about self improvement ,so i know he is always reaching for perfection…so he gets ten cool points for him,for that as for the mother of the child lets pray for the mother,so that she,s able to look after the best interest of the child….

6. Latoya Trueblood

September 3, 2013 at 4:01 am

And not for her own selfish gain,or to perhaps punish the father(Tyrese)!!!,cause God has a way of showing up and revealing himself in all the details….

7. katt

September 3, 2013 at 10:18 am

Tyrese job well done for baby girl keep on putting the baby first. She needs the parents however, it seems that mother is a gold digger and was use to living very upscale, but what is she doing to move on with her life instead of digging in tyrese pockets get a job. Help out

8. Sharlene Coleman

September 3, 2013 at 10:35 am

I dnt think you should give her anymore money she should want a job..

9. Vaughn

September 3, 2013 at 12:49 pm

This is a societal issue because many marriage and divorce laws/rulings are outdated. They were implemented during a more misogynistic society where women were homemakers and did have as many opportunities for work or advancement. 100 years ago, if a couple divorced it made more since to make alimony and large child support payments. While I agree that the landscape isn’t all the way equal, I will say that women today have the tools and resources to where they do not need to have to demand so much of an ex-spouses resources. Times have changed, laws need to as well. I’m not rich, but I make a pretty penny per/yr! I’ll never marry without a pre-nup unless there’s legislative reform in family and divorce law.

10. tiamette

September 3, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I never got anything from my ex because he would constantly change jobs and his address. I don’t know what the dollar amount this woman is getting but I am sure it is very generous. It does not take a king’s ransom to comfortably support a child.

I feel sorry for mothers like this, way too much greed.

11. Cree Seven

September 3, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Always the bashing of black women who want more child support. Find me two stories of a wealthy black man complaining about the child support requests of and/or or payments to a non-black woman. Find me a comment section full of black people bashing a non-black woman for getting or requesting a child support order from a wealth black man.

12. wanda

September 3, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Wow…how did we all veer off the subject of him winning his court case to individual tirades about black or white, dark or light skin? Just hope these two people can get past their differences, whatever they are, and do what’s right by this little innocent child. Raising a kid is not easy, even when there’s money involved. There are a lot of well-heeled youngsters out there that are mentally mixed up because mom and dad can’t get it together. Money buys things, but it’s no substitute for being a good parent.

13. Debbie

September 3, 2013 at 8:54 pm

People, we all gamble in the name of LOVE! Sometimes we win, and sometimes we lose!! Nothing is promised but salivation! Thank you Tyrese for doing the right thing!! Breaking generational curses is very important!!

14. Ish Muhammad

September 3, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Hang in there Black Ty! We love you Man Sister Sister Sister’s I love Black Women like a Swine loves Slop,but some of those Nasty Attitude’s are a Turn-off I was In a Long term Relationship with a Sister & She kept trying to put a Brother Down? Once I got on my Feet I Bounced without letting Anyone Know! The Woman I’m with Now is Aboriginal you know Black from Australia She is something to see Black With no need for a Weave! Only God can say Who is Better than Who because He is the one who created us all! I can choose this over that but that is all it is a Pick has no bearing on Anyone else? Judge Not because you don’t have the right! Like granny used to say “You catch more Bees with Honey then Vinegar” Real Talk!

15. honey-booboo

September 4, 2013 at 1:24 am

Tyrese..you are just a dummy. You want light skinned good hair babies..and white women. ..Now its time to pay…so shut up …..because at the end of the day, you are the same,and they dont want you, just your money!

• BigWill

September 5, 2013 at 2:24 am

@honey-booboo, you sound ignorant as Helll just like your name. Where do you get the nerve to write some crapp like;

“Tyrese, you are just a dummy. You want light skinned , good hair babies and white women…Now its time to pay..so shut up..because at the end of the day you are the same and they don’t want you..just your money” Nowadays Black women are dating/marrying white men left and right but, you and some other fools have the audacity to complain about who a BM is with…GTFOH, you sound jealous as Helll

The following crapp is some garbage another hater like you wrote;

You know damnn well BW are BANGING all kinds of non BM yet, many of y’all are still complaining about what kind of woman a BM is doing. Obviously, your feelings are hurt because nobody is choosing you.

• Wiser

September 6, 2013 at 1:09 am

Boy just to inform you, you are the one sounding ignorant. Its a shame how all the imbeciles are calling other folk ignorant.
        If “BW” are “banging” everybody and anybody, how can “nobody” not be “choosing” them?

Real sistahs do the selecting, they properly select their male partners (true brothers), they don’t get drafted or randomly picked like a lottery system by undesirables

You d@mn slaves are worst than NY rodents

• Prohustleman

September 8, 2013 at 7:51 pm

You are absolutely retarded. You’ve simply wasted time and space with this remarkably sophisticated nonsense. You have no clue as to the complexion or nationality of his x-wife. Nor do you attempt to articulate a sensible argument. Typical. I would “Skool” you but you probably wouldn’t correct my spelling of the word.

16. Monica Carvajal

September 4, 2013 at 9:16 am

This what these brothers get soon as they make a few dollars and move into a nice house, they run and get a white woman, and you know if they weren’t making that kind of money, these white girls wouldn’t give them the time of day (let’s keep it real).This goes for these ball players too. So when they hurry up and pop out these babies they know they got a pay day. Haven’t they learned anything from OJ. One day they will wake up and know a true Queen will stick by them and put up with shit.

• Becausealldarkskinnedsistersaresaints

September 7, 2013 at 4:29 am

@Monica Carvajal, and hell, several others on this page: Think in stereotypes much? That’s not thinking at all. It’s just repeating somebody else’s bitching. All Successful Black men are married to white women? That’s news to Barack Obama, I’d bet. Denzel Washington and Will Smith probably need to get the memo on that too. See, whenever one stumbles into the stupidity of bashing an entire group of people as “all” being about the same thing, it’s pretty easy to shut that shit down with facts. I love Black women, I do. I have loved women of other races too. But never have I felt the same connection as with a sister. And never have I had to fight as hard to be treated well. There was one exception, but she was one-in-a-million anyway. One sister above described White women as “Easy”, because essentially they let their men take the lead. Another speaks of us as “slaves” though her anger and attitude ( the defining characteristic of the stereotypical Black woman- and many who have posted above), are largely the cultural echoes of the Willie Lynch philosophy of slave training that is still perpetuated in the way we socialize our children today. I’ll let you look that up for yourself. This wasn’t about the race of anyone involved. But of course their had to be tirades against this brother for marrying outside his race. Black women may not be “banging all kinds of other races” as the brother above put it. But there many who are entering into relationships with other races (and , yeah, BANGING too. Deal with it. Hello, Halle Berry). So the moral high ground doesn’t exist. Get over it. And this thing where ya’ll are PROUD to have attitudes, and dominate the household, or whatever..yeah, that’s cool. If you want a man you can walk over, or you want every freaking day to be a power struggle. Not everybody wants to live like that. So, hell yeah, many Brothers who have the clout to choose whatever they like, choose women who weren’t socialized to be angry control freaks. Your job wouldn’t put up with attitude why should a man, if he doesn’t have to? It ain’t about your skin tone, or the texture of your hair, it’s your jacked up attitude. You don’t hear me though. Said it anyway.

17. cori

September 4, 2013 at 10:02 am

y is it cases like this someone always pulls the race card? People wake up. There are gold diggers in every race just like there are good people in every race. Yes shes a gold digger but not cuz shes white. I love black men 2 but i dont go around lookin for rich men. I look for one who treats me with the love care honesty and respect i deserve regaurdless of race or social standing

18. Jackie

September 4, 2013 at 11:22 am

Its not really a color issue, speak to Black men and they will tell you why they chose the opposite. As far as her demanding more, Tyrese you started it, you should have lived the lifestyle you had before you made money. In other words live like you aint got it, requirements are food shelter and clothing, when you give too much the demand increases and you only end up with monster kids who don’t know how to earn anything but expect everything.

19. Caryn G.

September 4, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Kudos!!! to Tyreese for being that wondeful Sincere dad that wants to be in his childs life and not just give her mom money. money, money, without spending any Quality time with his daughter. I beleive in my heart that you are indeed! a Phenomenal Dad. The judge gave the right verdict keep doing what your doing Tyreese. And tell your Ex to get a J.O.B. & kick rocks!!!!

20. Ronald

September 4, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Doesn’t matter what color she is. She is wrong for what she’ s doing. Please stop making everything about race, and look at the persons actions not their color.

21. YepYep

September 4, 2013 at 9:46 pm

For you idiots who keep saying she’s white she is not she’s a black woman from the islands and I’m so glad this judge is actually doing his/her job and not letting these greedy btches yep that what I said

suck these good fathers out of their hard earned money for their own personal gain and some of these women getting these outrageous child support should have their child support over turned because btch you

need to get off your lazy azz and get a job especially if your azz has a nanny and most women in the non entertainment industry are lucky if they get a dam dime and by the way im a woman but women like this and

the other greedy heffa make me sick I don’t have kids but atleast I wouldn’t be a greedy btch and try to use my child as child support ransom and more lazy trifling judges need to do their dam job and stop

this bs

• tt_ca

September 6, 2013 at 8:45 am

The ex wife is not black!
      Go google her! She has dark hair but she is no where near a sista!

22. Kandaka Mayada

September 4, 2013 at 10:49 pm

I never understood how Alimony is a tax right off but child support is not. The system is broken, and there should be an advocate, after all it reduces in most cases the fathers income, yet the father is taxed for the income he spends to support his child. Nonetheless, I can care less if he dates out side his race, or even if he has mommy or color complex on their definition of beauty,I hope he teaches his daughter to love her self, her hair, her skin, and her identity. Yes gold diggers come in all shades and races, and no not all Black Women wear weave or have a bunch of children hy different men. That comment is honestly very ignorant and shows a lack of understand of Willy Lynch, Gym Crow, and Black and Afrikan history in general of the some of the greatest Afrikan civilizations to ever exist suck as the Kushite Nubians, falsely named as Egyptians etc… It is simply not taught in the schools, and it creates a self hate in the Black communities, destroys the Black family, and it is intentional…America will never take responsibility for its own sins. Not the genocide of the Natives, the holocaust of the Afrikans during the transatlantic slave trade, not Slavery of Afrikans, Irish, and Natives, and not Even the discriminatory judicial system and prison systems.Wake up, this argument is simply blind to the truth.

23. Kandaka Mayada

September 4, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Excuse my typing Jim Crow, read about Willie Lynch, get the Book the New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander, good read. When dating out side your race you should understand their struggle and history. The Black Race encompasses the entire world,we are everywhere!

24. Best Drug Treatment Centers

March 26, 2020 at 3:11 am

Affordable Drug Rehab http://aaa-rehab.com Alcohol Rehab Near Me http://aaa-rehab.com Best Drug Rehab