News

2-Year-Old Left Unattended Found in the Middle of the Street

A Montgomery man expected that Tuesday would be nothing out of the ordinary as he was driving to work. To his surprise, there was a baby in streetbaby standing in the middle of the road with no adult in sight.

The two-year-old was standing there with nothing but a diaper and a bottle. The man called the police and recorded the entire incident, which took place on Brewton Street near Lee High School.

The man asked the child where his parents were. He pulled out his phone and began recording his search for the parents. He picked up the boy and started going door to door.

At the first door a neighbor suggested that he call the police, as this is not the first time the baby has been out and about alone. The neighbor said that she had taken the child home before when he was out in the past. The female neighbor said that when she took the child home the door to the home was wide open and the girl supervising the child had been asleep, leaving this boy and a little girl of similar age unattended.

Eventually the child’s mother came out to look for him. At that point the neighbor began to reprimand her, telling her that her child cannot keep ending up alone and unsupervised in the street. When questioned by a local news station the boy’s mother, Tamarian McCall, said that she had left the house to place a phone call at a neighbor’s house. McCall says, “I’m not a bad parent. I’m a good parent. I’m going to tell you about myself. I spend my money on my kids. I buy my kids what they need. I’d spend my last on my kids. If I had about $20, I would buy my kids some Pampers instead of buying me something.”

1. Kim

September 7, 2013 at 5:32 am

Um…does anybody have the 411 to child protective services?

2. Amazing Grace

September 7, 2013 at 11:20 am

Scary chick. Where’s child protective services when you need them?

3. Ann G.

September 7, 2013 at 2:01 pm

This appears to be an ongoing problem so Child Protective Services needs to remove both children from the home before these kids are sexually abused, kidnapped or murdered.

4. Kerri

September 7, 2013 at 5:15 pm

What, remove them so they can be sexually abused at a foster parent’s house? There is no easy solution for this kid.

5. Harold

September 7, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Either take the kids when you leave or lock the door when you leave. Single parents are forced to leave the kids home alone from time to time.

• Angie

September 8, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Huh? You should never leave a toddler home alone for any reason at all!

• cheche

October 6, 2013 at 8:35 am

Are you crazy??? You never leave a two year old home by themselves!!! Either you take the child with you, call a baby sitter or stay in the house. I work in a child care setting and it only takes a minute for something bad to happen! What if a pedophile stole that baby or a car hit him??? I hope you don’t have any little kids in your home!!!

6. CATRINA

September 9, 2013 at 4:00 am

Hopefully this is a wake.up.call for this mom and she will be more careful after this. Thank GOD.the childdid not Get hurt ,Abducted.or Worse killed! I Pray.That Everthimg Work out.fof.Her.&Her Children! Fister care should be a Last Resort!

7. seiko lk

October 10, 2013 at 11:03 pm

seiko 021

8. nike free 3.0 v3 opiniones

August 11, 2014 at 12:51 am

really great publish, i in fact really like this internet site, carry on it
    nike free 3.0 v3 opiniones
    [url=http://www.cookingholidayspain.com/1115-1451.html]nike free 3.0 v3 opiniones[/url]