News

Ayvaunn Penn: Who’s Crazy Enough To Pray For George Zimmerman’s Restoration & Well Being?

zimmermanThe answer should be you and me. This is long overdue, and it is not easy, but it is necessary. We should be praying for George Zimmerman’s restoration and well being. Before I am trampled by those outraged by the Zimmerman verdict, let me say that I, too, am abhorred that Zimmerman gets to walk free after killing an innocent teen. That is why I took the opportunity to speak at Dallas City Hall for the Trayvon Martin 100 City Vigil as seen in the video below. This does not change the fact, however, that the African-American community — strongly rooted in the church as it is — must not neglect to pray positive prayers for Zimmerman — yes, even in the midst of our hurt and disgust over young Trayvon Martin’s death.

We, ourselves, would be guilty of a great crime if we abused the faith that has brought our people through so many years of oppression ranging from the days of slavery, to the civil rights era, to today. It would be villainous for us to only exercise our faith for our own benefit, for we are not the only children of the Lord in need of grace. If churches around this country are going to call upon the Lord for justice to be served, we must also follow after God’s Word lest we be disobedient children making requests of our Heavenly Father. Yes, Zimmerman committed a great crime, but in the words of Apostle Paul in his letter to the Galatians, “Brethren, if a man be overtaken in fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness,” (Galatians 6:1 KJV).

Now, this does not mean that we should pray for Zimmerman to get his gun back. That is not the type of restoration being discussed here. What this scripture is telling us, however, is that we should pray for people at fault, such as Zimmerman, to find their way back to the straight and narrow path of righteousness. Hard as it may be, we should not simply tell people at fault, “Oh, you know you’re wrong for that,” and simply walk away filled with criticism towards them. We should be sending spiritual encouragement Zimmerman’s direction. Instead of just talking negatively about him for racially profiling Trayvon Martin, we should pray for a change in his spirit that he will from now on view all races with eyes of equality. We should minister unto him what thus saith the Lord and not give up on him. We are all sinners. We all fall short, and God views all sin the same — though different sins can have drastically different and devastating outcomes.

This act is no easy thing, but it is our job as a community rooted in faith to not just pray for the Martin family and that true justice will be served. We must also pray for Zimmerman’s restoration as described by Apostle Paul in the inspired Word of God. Who’s crazy enough to pray for the restoration of George Zimmerman? I know I am, and I hope you’ll be.

CIMG2788

Click image to view video:
Ayvaunn Speaks at Trayvon Martin 100 City Vigil

~

Ayvaunn Penn is an editor for All Christian News, an award-winning writer, and the author of Ephemeral Moments. This book of poetry and short stories addresses issues such as: struggles of faith, domestic abuse, racial injustice, a falling economy, and contemporary love – all through the eyes of a Christian. It is available for purchase on Create Space eStoreTo preview the book, click here To receive Ayvaunn’s daily Bible devotionals by email, click here.

1. Anita

July 23, 2013 at 3:07 pm

You and ME !!!!!!!!

2. Truthbeliever

July 23, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Christians have an obligation to pray for him and his family along with the rest of the world. I finally reconciled myself to this. I didn’t really want to, but I cannot say that I love Christ whom I’ve never seen and hate someone who walks among us. Either you have the love of Christ which surpasses all understanding or you don’t know Him at all.

3. Imhotep

July 24, 2013 at 4:28 am

Ill leave that pray and love ur enemy shyt to u fycked up Christians! If someone killex my boy, imma try to kill them! And I’m with the Joos, they didn’t pray for Hitler and I ain’t praying for no one that wrongs me. Imma get justice and get u off me, by any means necessary! ! Xtianity got yall negroez passive and forever in a state of Stockholm Syndrome, whereby u have fallen in luv with ur captors! ! Yall are sick!! I bet Zimmerboy and his church going fam ain’t praying for u negoids!!? Yall are sick!! Keep praying while they keep slaying unconscious toads!! I’m out!!

4. Jason

July 24, 2013 at 4:31 am

Asking someone to pray for George Zimmerman comes from the diluted form of Christianity where the slavemaster added and took away parts of the Bible so that they could use their twisted form of Christianity to justify slavery. The so called Hamidic curse that supposedly dooms us to be hewers of wood and servants because of a transgression by one of Noah’s sons is one of those falsely manipulated additions/interpretations. It was actually contrived and inserted in the Bible by Jewish Talmudic scholars. Give me the Bible or interpretation that inspired Nat Turner to rise up and revolt. The only prayer I’m saying for Zimmerman is asking God to avenge the blood of Trayvon and the millions of others Black people murdered by these demonic so called Christians.

5. Truthbeliever

July 24, 2013 at 8:18 am

If you are not a Christian, this article is not for you. We know how non-believers feel and your hateful rhetoric is no different than that of racist whites. You have no compassion for anyone different than you. Whether you like it or not,people have the right to believe what they believe. To discriminate against them or make hateful comments makes you no better than a klan member.

6. Imhotep

July 24, 2013 at 8:39 am

@ Jason… Negroids luving their killers is against the natural order of man, and they are brainwashed! @believe a lie, u have no clue of the vast scholarly research a person has done to first repudiate ur ignorancr and second rise about your slavish mindset. Let me come over and rape ur child in front of u and ur gonna pray? If u dnt try to kill me u r worst than an animal, because they will protect their clan, at all cost!! U are asleep and unconscious and its no help for u!! As for this site, its free speech, if ur weak foundation can’t read research and learn from truth and knowledge then u leave, we are rebels without a pause neophite!! Keep singing ” we shall overcum, we shall overcum one daaayy” or how about ” Christian Soldier”? Do u even know why the later song was created? Or maybe ” Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound , who saved a wretch like me”! Do u know who made that song and what was his line of work? Do some study before u ever call us non-believers! We are truth seekers and we KNOW (NOT BELIEVE- Read the shipbuilder’s analogy on belief) that u cracker luvin negroids are sick!! Neophite, no ur not even a beginner…Ptah Ra, AmenRa!!

• blacjk jones

July 24, 2013 at 10:42 am

BUDDHA ALSO SAYS –“IF YOU HANG ON TO ANY TEACHINGS THEY Will ULTIMATELY BECOME A HINDRANCE”…..But BUDDHA CONTINUES BY SAYING ‘TRUTH DOES NOT NEED ANY EXPLANATION. IT ONLY NEEDS TO BE SEEN. FOLLOW THE WHOLESOME WAY!

• Imhotep

July 24, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Well I hope u see the truth. Point well taken…Maat

7. Imhotep

July 24, 2013 at 8:56 am

” If any religion tells me not defend myself or mine and to take the beating and just pray, then I say the hell with that religion!” – Malcolm X. ” A coward dies 1000 deaths, but a brave man dies just once!” Buddha. Yall keep waiting on the sky God to rescue u and stop this demon on this planet and that is not gonna happen!! Willlie Lynch did a dam.n good job on yall sick negroids. .I’m out weaklings…Hotep

8. coast cooker

July 24, 2013 at 10:08 am

I don’t understand you fools who talk about praying. You talk about a waste of time. You’ve been praying here for 400 years and nothing has changed Throw the bible away and jet yourself an AK47.

9. Truthbeliever

July 24, 2013 at 11:31 am

The Black on Black hate continues.

10. Pingback: O hai let me wanna-be! pe Trilema - Un blog de Mircea Popescu.