Mo’Nique Shows Off Her Amazing Weight Loss, Says She Has No Idea Why BET Chopped Her Show

sdkdskdskl

Mo’Nique wasn’t always known as the thinnest woman in the world.   But she is looking good these days after making a decision to eat right and exercise every day.  Black women are taking notice, since there are widely documented reports showing that obesity and poor eating habits are a cause of many of the ailments that affect much of black America, both male and female.

During an interview with Hot 97, Mo’Nique gave her honest opinion on a lot of topics, including Charles Ramsey, the man who saved the young women in Cleveland who’d been missing for 10 years.  She says that there is no reason to make fun of Ramsey, who made an heroic gesture by saving the young women.  She says that those women who were saved by him wouldn’t have cared what his race was, since he is their hero.

“I admire that brother,” Mo’Nique said during the interview.  “What that brother did was save lives.”

She also speaks well of her experience hosting a show on BET.  She says it was one of the best experiences of her life.

“Those two years were amazing,” she said.

She also says that she has no idea why the show came to an end.

“You should ask Ms. Debra Lee, who is the president of BET, what happened to the Mo’Nique Show.”

Mo’Nique explained how her show gave opportunities for black celebrities who might not get a chance on mainstream media outlets.  She also said that the show was for the black community to feel good about itself.  Although she was unable to figure out why BET sent her away, she had no harsh words for the network.

Mo’Nique is the second major host to leave BET in recent months.  TJ Holmes also left after a short and tumultuous period with the network.

1. Tammy

May 14, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Mo’Nique you look good !! What did you eat!!

2. Kim

May 14, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Monique looks sharp!!!!

3. james

May 14, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Monique, I love you regardless what you look like, I know you try your best and that is all the counts to me.

Yes, you are loud sometimes, too vulgar sometimes scary at other times but I know within you desire to be a witness.

We can talk about flaws on any human all day long but I want you to know I won’t stay around to join.

God bless you continuously sister.

James Tommy XX

• Renee'

May 15, 2013 at 9:29 am

Well expressed Mr. Brother! God bless you for building up our sister!

4. Robyn Smith

May 14, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Monique looks much better. Before she looked like a stuffed pig and was always taking shots at slim women, whom she was apparently envied. I always knew she was jealous of slim women. It’s good she stopped stuffing her face, actingt proud of being a fat slob, and started taking her health seriously.

5. clyde

May 14, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I’m glad she is keeping the weight off. She’s my inspiration. I Didn’t like how loud she was on the show but I did like the show very much and hate that it is off the air. “her show gave opportunities for black celebrities who might not get a chance on mainstream media outlets” that says it all right there.

6. Terrell

May 14, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I can’t believe it. She is prettier than before. I won’t eat another chocolate bar, tonight.

7. Poetee

May 15, 2013 at 1:37 am

Good for her she finally got on board to be healthier as opposed to talking about skinny girls in her comedy routine. It hurts not being in control of ones appetite.
    It was not nice for the shots that were being taken at smaller women while she was big, but hurt people hurt people.
    Hope she can inspire others to join her decision.

8. King

May 15, 2013 at 1:58 am

I agree with Carol’s statement. I think not only is that a good idea, that is a Gid idea! I feel for Mo’nique for being put through that on BET. For an Iscar winnee to be treated so disrespectfully by our own (which is owned by white people now). I do not think it will hapoen though. She and Oprah had a falling out over that movie that made her an Oscar winner and Oprah is nortorious for holding grudges. Ask Ilanya Vanzant.

9. King

May 15, 2013 at 2:00 am

I agree with Carol’s statement. I think not only is that a good idea, that is a God idea! I feel for Mo’nique for being put through that on BET. For an Oscar winner to be treated so disrespectfully by our own (which is owned by white people now). I do not think it will hapoen though. She and Oprah had a falling out over that movie that made her an Oscar winner and Oprah is nortorious for holding grudges. Ask Ilanya Vanzant.

10. ordinarybrutha

May 15, 2013 at 3:41 am

Monique was taken off of the air because she constantly displayed a genuine form of BLACK LOVE!!! She was constantly paraising her guest and they would recipricate it back to her. She spoke to all of her guests whether they were performing or not. She was breaking the mold for late night television.

It was to much positivity!!! She had guests from all walks of life, she was displaying the manty facets of black accomplishment. I hope you read this blog Sister Monique so that you know why. Much success to this sister for taking a courageous stand.

11. Daisy

May 15, 2013 at 10:44 am

I want to commend Mo’Nique for getting healthier and losing weight. I am on a mission to get in shape, eat healthier and be a better person. Black women have a tendency to let ourselves go and not diet and exercise the way we should. It’s not healthy…and we need to do a better job. We can fight off the effects of high blood pressure and diabetes if we would just take a little time out for our health. I’ve lost 15 pounds already and have 15 more to go. It didn’t take much, just watching what and how much I eat, exercising regularly and drinking water. If you don’t like to work out, take a walk, get on a treadmill, ride a bike..every little bit helps. Let’s get healthier so that we can live longer.

12. barbara

May 15, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Monique, you look great and I am pleased with your new look. I am a lady over fifty and want to get some of this weight off. I look at you and get depressed. You look just great and loving everyday of your life. I am in a position now where I have to steal enjoyment in life. I can tell you are happy and I wish you all the luck in the future. One thing I know of myself is that I will gain that same enjoyment when I finish school.

13. Lynise31

May 15, 2013 at 12:53 pm

was just! saying while watching the Marathon of the Parkers on saturday Like maan… where is Mrs. Monique?? she looks Amazing!!!! wow! she also looked the same amazing when she was a umm…”THICK MADAME” However I’m glad that she’s decided to get healthy, and apparently, stay Healthy. You go Mo! Loved ya Then, Love ya Now. as far as the Talk show I Lovvved it! Now, Now, stop yelling so loud Mo (in my monique voice) keep that band playing, Keep Rodney silly Behind 🙂 Keep all your Lovely intersting guests on the panel and just move to another channel Boo Gone to the “O” your fans are gonna stick wit cha hunnie I’ll be pateintly waiting.

14. Bill

May 15, 2013 at 2:08 pm

She look Good, Her show was cancelled because it was too black just like Th Holmes show, these so-called black stations can’t survive without white dollar’s.

15. michelle mayho

May 15, 2013 at 7:31 pm

I think you have a lovely personality, and very funny. also loved watching your show (the parkers). you were beauitful heavy . I hope you injoy the new you. I know being heavy has health problems. I wish you good luck and sista you got it going on.

16. Betty

May 15, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I loved Monique’s Show. I know some of you all said that she was loud, but that was her way of having fun and pumping up the crowd. She loved her black people and lifted them every chance she got. I remember hearing a DJ on the radio saying he liked the way Wendy Williams show had made a cross over, I figured then Monique’s show wasn’t far from being cancelled, and for sure not long after it was. Stay encouraged my sistah, thing will work for those who trust and love God. By the way you look marvelous.

17. Barry Burch Jr

May 16, 2013 at 2:10 am

Granted: Mo’Nique has lost a substantial amount of weight since the beginning of her career. However, she has peculiarly stuck to a theme of “it’s ok to be big as long as you’re healthy.” She even promotes being big at the expense of those that are skinny, but now that she is soon to be skinny herself, I think it necessary to call her out on the obvious confliction of her representation, along with the damning effects of promoting being big to the most overweight group in America: Black Women. And I did so in an open letter:

18. sonja

May 16, 2013 at 4:53 am

Looking good mo you can donate you size 16/18 to me I love you fashion and style. I’m down from a 26

19. Tawanya Burkes

May 16, 2013 at 7:02 am

It’s amazing 2 me, that the shows that should get cut, DON’T, and the ones that should REMAIN on BET, to keep Entertaining US, Encouraging US,and keep US laughing DON’T, Where’s the logic N that. I feel none of our Black shows should ever b cut, because there’s NOT enough of them out there. And when don’t stand a chance against OUR OWN, where is the hope n that?

20. Max

May 16, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Looks 1000 times better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And probably healthier!

Just wish more black women would do the same thing.

21. Wilhelmina Pickett

May 16, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Monique you looks great keep up the good work

22. Doris

May 16, 2013 at 11:08 pm

If ur fat and healthy, what more is there to say. I applaud her for the way she defends being big if healthy. I also applaud her for losing weight because that is what she wanted to do. You are the only one who can change your body and maintain it. You look really good Mo’Nique and I hope ur healthy.

23. コーチ バッグ

July 5, 2013 at 4:07 pm

ポスト| グッドニース。ブログ日常全く異なる完全に異なる別で私研究は 何か 厳しい。 それすべき コンテンツ 異なる作家と練習 彼らの店から一つのこと |ほんの少しA | |少し|いくらか| Aビット|のビット少し} {何か。私抎賛成 使用するには |私の上のコンテンツ素材コンテンツ ブログ どうかあなたドン抰心一部とする。 Natually私抣L あなたを提供 ハイパーリンク あなたの上に ウェブブログ。共有していただきありがとうございます。

24. www.jjmobile.com

June 28, 2014 at 9:55 am

I usually do not drop many responses, but after browsing a few of the remarks
    on this page Mo