Television

Jeanne Cooper, Mrs. Chancellor of the Young and the Restless Dies

375108_583305008369590_489173863_nJeanne Cooper, a huge soap opera star who played Katherine Chancellor on “The Young and the Restless” for decades, has died. She was 84.

Jeanne had fallen ill with an infection earlier this year after helping promote “Y&R’s” 40th anniversary.

Jeanne joined the show soon after its 1973 debut and had been nominated for 10 Daytime Emmys going back to ’89 … she finally won for lead actress in 2008. She was married to TV producer Harry Bernsen, Jr. for 23 years before divorcing … all three of their children — Corbin, Collin and Caren — are actors.

Her character Katherine was groundbreaking in daytime … she went through bouts of alcoholism, lost four husbands and a child … and even had lesbian flings. But her most famous thread was a bitter feud with Jill Foster Abbott … including this epic catfights. Janne will ceratinly be missed by her family, her daytime family as well as the rest of us.

Young and the Restless won’t be the same without her. May she forever rest in peace.944397_602813023070138_1879638252_n

1. Debra L. Woodard

May 8, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I started watching Y&R when I was 17, I had spent a summer in Chicago and from then on I watched when my schedule permitted, the original cast was the best, I will always remember Mrs. Chancellor and her DIVA style. R.I.P., gone but not forgotten….

2. LINDA WALKER

May 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm

RIP MS JEANNE(MRS CHANCELLOR COOPER YOU WILL SORELY BE MISSED REST IN LOVE . WE LOVED HER TO BEEN WATCHING YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS SINCE 1973 ALONE WITH ITS LIKE I KNEW HER. GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY.

3. olivia beccan

May 8, 2013 at 10:24 pm

MRS C I love that woman with ever time I have for her and the show I have been watching Y&R from I was 13 yes people 13 and I still do until now.RIP MRS CHANCELLOR u will forever be miss by me

4. Thelma Johnson

May 8, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I will miss Ms. Jeanne Coooper(Mrs. Chancellor). I was 27 when The Young and Restless first came on, I am now 66, so I Have been watching for 39 years. I am really going to miss her. She really was a Lady of Class, and a wonderful Actress. RIP Jeanne Cooper

5. Thelma Johnson

May 8, 2013 at 10:46 pm

I will always remember Mrs. Chancellor favorite saying, I’m gonna live, live,live, until I die, and so am I.

6. Tiffany

May 8, 2013 at 10:59 pm

What a great actress, u will be truly missed ,RIP.

7. Deborah Banford

May 9, 2013 at 3:07 am

To the Cooper family
    May God be with all of you and hold you in his loving arms and may he shield you with his Grace and Devine love. The world has lost a great actress, but you all have lost a wonderful mother. I have watched Mrs. C for over 30 years I have laughed, I have cried, I have been angry; but most important I have been thoroughly entertained. I pray that God will shine a eternal light in your life, that will always represent your mother. The world will cry with you because she became apart of our lives through her character. As a guest in my home she was simply fabulous. Mrs. C will be forever missed in our daily viewing of her on the show, but my love for her will live far beyond the deeming of the star lights. I encourage you to carry her in your hearts where she will dwell forever. Sometimes if you be still and be quite, you will hear her voice, guiding you. I lost my mother and I found she within my heart and soul. I just had to look within my heart. God Bless!!!!

8. Vida Hicks

May 9, 2013 at 4:03 pm

RIP lovely lady. I’ve watched you in all your up and downs and loved every minute of it. I have grown old with you too. Thank you for helping me in my times when I needed to get lost in your life. Young and Restless has lost the best actress ever. I will forever miss you and the show will go on but never be the same. God bless the family and you Mrs Cooper…….Chancellor.

9. june

May 9, 2013 at 4:23 pm

You will be miss

10. Regina

May 10, 2013 at 8:51 pm

RIP Mrs. C.

11. Annie Ford

May 12, 2013 at 11:20 am

Mrs. Chanchancelor.will never be replaced.even if another actress playing another role resembling her,will not do.She owned that role and thats that.Heart goes out to the family.She certainly will be missed by all of us.

12. doris

May 13, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I BEEN WATCH THIS STORY FOR MANY YEARS. MY MOM AND GRANDMOM. MS C WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART. SHE WAS THE BEST.

13. Tee

May 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm

When did she have lesbian flings? And with who?

14. digital foto frame

May 18, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually understand what you’re talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my website =). We will have a hyperlink alternate arrangement between us