Bob Johnson Wants a Gentleman for His Daughter, but Not Yours

paige-weddin

Is BET founder Bob Johnson being hypocritical by gloating over the fact that his daughter Paige just married a “gentleman” who happens to be white, while at the same time, making his fortune by teaching little black girls to idolize thugs?  That seems to be what author Christelyn Karazin is saying in a recent article.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m THRILLED for Paige. I just wish that EVERY little black girl was cherished and protected and married off to a “perfect guy for her,” not just the daughters of rich men who are responsible for advocated a lifestyle that grants the exact opposite to “ordinary” black girls.

Does she have a point?  Paige has spent her life riding ponies and living the good life, while her father has created a bed of flowers for her by operating as a slum lord.   Christelyn openly asks, “Did she marry Lil Wayne?  Ludacris? Drake? Common?”

She says that this is the ultimate irony of Johnson’s legacy.  Johnson’s daughter marries a happy-looking white guy named Dudley Payne III, who sells insurance and also plays in amateur golf tournaments.  Isn’t that kind of interesting from the child of a man who taught millions of little black girls how to booty pop after school?  Dudley would never marry any of those women.

This is the ultimate irony. Bob Johnson, co-founder of BET, a vehicle that has single-handedly tarnished the name of black American women all over the world, wants a “gentleman” for his daughter. Funny, because he’s made his fortune convincing black women that thugs, drug dealers, and gold teeth should be the standard of sexiness and allure for us mere-mortal regular black chicks.

The author says that we should always be careful of anyone who advocates a lifestyle for others that he himself is not willing  live.  She also asks whether Jay-Z is going to want Blu Ivy “gallivanting with the progeny of his homeboys?”

She ends the article by saying that, while she is thrilled for Paige, she is disappointed that this family would promote a lifestyle to the masses that they think is not good enough for themselves.   Sounds like prototypical Bob Johnson.

Read the article here.

1. Livingston

May 8, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Bob Johnson was always a hypocrite. I agree with the article wholeheartedly. But then I don’t blame Bob Johnson as a whole because Black folks did not have to make him rich. They should have turned off the TV and see what happened. We as a people want to castigate white folks for doing us in but let Black folks off the hook. Now that BET is owned by Viacom (White Folks) we are still supporting the trash. So you get what you paid for.

2. Naada

May 8, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I used to work in the film industry in NYC a years ago and worked on a commercial with Ted Demme,(he is deceased now)who piloted the MTV show “YO MTV Raps!”. He told me told about the deliberate tactics used to entice young people(all people really) into keeping them hooked on watching the show and thus the station. One story he related I thought was especially poignant…When MTV started showing rather risque videos on their with scantily clad girls/women and overtly suggestive innuendos and blatant sexuality(think the rapper Too Short)…many white parents either wrote, emailed or called in threatening to cancel their subscriptions to the station. Seeing that most of get MTV as part of a package Time Warner(at the time…now Viacom) stood to loose a large segment of it’s viewing audience…and it’s revenue. They promptly removed the videos and deposited them on BET. Not one letter. Not one phone call. Nothing. Black dollars do talk but many of us don’t know that because the TV is too loud.

• Naada

May 8, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Please forgive the typos people…not that good at multitasking!

3. Barry Burch Jr

May 8, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Huh??? I have to respectfully disagree. Just because Bob Johnson allowed ignorant programming on his television channel does not thereby mean he was attempting to promote young black girls marrying thugs. This grossly defies the laws of logic. I watched a lot of those ignorant programs growing up. I didn’t want to marry a booty-shaker and I’m not marrying a booty shaker. Bob Johnson provided entertainment and made money not match-maker.

4. DoverDavisJr

May 8, 2013 at 10:08 pm

This guy sells insurance. He is not a thinker. He is not rich. He is what? He is a part time golfer who sells insurance. Now what if he were black? Would he be marrying her? Would Johnson have allowed it?

There is something wrong with us.

5. GirlgirlAtl

May 8, 2013 at 10:54 pm

If he was Black, he’d have to have a PHD!

6. corbin56

May 8, 2013 at 11:47 pm

No one wants a thug for a son-in-law. Paige made a wise choice.

• grandy

May 9, 2013 at 9:00 am

So true…..some so called “thugs” are intelligent, but are overlooked because of their desire to be so “inclusive” with the “bad boys” image, believing that women LOVE “bad boys”!! Some may, but not all. I encourage Black men to rise to the top and flaunt all the qualities (inner and outer) that God has blessed you with. A man w/o purpose is USELESS! Looks fade, intelligence goes a long way!

• Jacqueline

May 9, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Amen.

7. River

May 9, 2013 at 12:20 am

Well now…There is hue & cry when black athletes etc., marry white women…Why the double standard for little rich black girl? Anyway, the fact that hubby sells insurance and tools around with amateur golf tourneys speak “playboy” all day loud & clear to me. She could have done better on our side of the tracks. But, to each his own. Hypocracy lives on.

8. JDub81

May 9, 2013 at 12:40 am

An awful lot of black Americans still hate theirselves and by marrying white is real indication of just how much they do.

• Mia x

May 9, 2013 at 7:18 am

This is so stupid, no one marries a white person because of self hatred. I for one married a white man because he treated me really well and pushed me to get my PHD. We’ve been married 22 years and I couldn’t be happier!! To each his/ her own and stop judging get your own house in order before you worry about someone else!!!!

• wick

May 9, 2013 at 1:37 pm

You all are clueless. So if you marry out of your race you hate yourself? I am a black man who married a white woman. And I damn sure love my life and haven’t forgot what I am. I kick it with my homies, but also stay fresh in a suit and tie during the week to rub shoulders with square colleagues. My clique consists of majority black doctors, lawyers, graphic designers, accoutants, and bro’s that just don’t get it. All I am saying is quit believing only half of the story you read and see on t.v. and step outside the box you are confined in and see the rest of the world.

9. JC

May 9, 2013 at 2:41 am

Get over yourselves. He made a comment regarding his daughters choice. He had that right cause he’s her father. You have the same choice wether you want to teach your child or children about life.My family monitored what I watched, listened to and who I befriended. And guess what they were right. My brother has a family and is(they his wife as well) teaching them the same way and guess what my older neice is in college doing well and the others are doing well. Stop letting television raise your children. Bob Johnson has a right to be proud of his daughter. I’m pretty sure her mom is proud as well because she turned out to be a respectable young lady. Money doesn’t guarantee that your kids will do the right things in life.

• monkey woman

January 28, 2014 at 6:14 pm

go fuck yourself married to a white bitch , yes you do you know you wish all day long that you were as white as your ugly ass white wife …stop lying admit it ..but at the end of your miserable day you will still be BLACK BLACK BLACK

10. VR

May 9, 2013 at 3:44 am

I agree with JDub81 it’s sad how many of us still think that’s the sign that you have made it is by marrying white.

11. Phillip Battle

May 9, 2013 at 5:09 am

Far to many monetary affluent Black (AA) Folk are giving far to much credit for as being wise. The Silverstein, Gates,and Goldberg families would slit their sons or daughters throats if they married a Black ZILLIONAIRE. The simple case of MENTAL ILLNESS hasn’t been addressed in the Black (AA) community since the so called freeing of the American Slave. Black (AA) Folk haven’t grasped the full concept of family. Unfortunately– many Black (AA) Folk use white folk as a yardstick to measure themselves as being successful, or even as being ( in some cases) intelligent. Yet they use white folk as a yardstick all for the wrong reasons—- why not use them as an example of how to own and control your own, and keep the money in the FAMILY. Oh my bad– Black (AA) Folk don’t have a clue what family mean—– maybe because of how we scattered off the plantation (when so called freed), and didn’t plan for the next move as one for all n all for one. Fast forward to today– here we are in the same position we were in during the time of slavery– a few house people with a few trinkets- who have not the fortitude to collectively unite as one, and own significant corporation that employ their own (like white folk do). How’s that for a Blue Print Mr. Carter? Oh let’s not forget that these new money Black (AA) Folk are as smitten with their new found wealth ( most of them came from the bottom of the food line) it should be understood of how they act as though they made it to the promise land– yes the land that M L K fought against where greed and selfishness exist. In closing I’ll ask the blind ones -who are making those guns that are killing the Black (AA) youth every day in America– Mr. Johnson nor his daughter or son in law are going to be in that particular line of fire.

Peace

• SS1075

May 9, 2013 at 11:22 am

Phillip you make some good points. At the end of the day however, her decision was probably based solely on compatibility.

12. Peter D. Slaughter

May 9, 2013 at 5:50 am

I gave up that phony trashy,sell-out bet updated coon network years ago. I wonder why do so many black people still support this white owned,trashy so-called network.
    With all the mental and brainwash damage that has been done to the black image overall.
    You mean to tell me that a vast % of black’s are still being suckers for this network or this shoe shiner named bob Johnson.

13. Kimberly

May 9, 2013 at 6:06 am

The ignorance of some of the comments amazes me. That is why many people are no further ahead in their lives in their lives.

14. pat 111

May 9, 2013 at 6:47 am

I would hope his daughter married who she loved and wanted to marry.

• Beverly

December 3, 2013 at 12:47 pm

I agree. In the final analysis, that’s what we all should do.

15. Imhotep

May 9, 2013 at 7:43 am

While I wish she would have found a good ” regular” brother who sells cars and plays golf(lol) I applaud the fact that he is a regular striving man. Too many women have an Oprah complex that all “good” men have to make six figures plus and ride a S class! According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, most of America makes between 20 and 85 thousand a year. Now that means if two folks get together and work together, they can do fine. If happiness was related to being a millionaire, then the divorce rate in Hollyhood wouldn’t be 75%.(ask JLo) . Lastly, Bob Johnson was in business, and in America anything goes, ask the makers of Two and a half men. ..Hotep

16. Para

May 9, 2013 at 9:12 am

I see this as another transfer of wealth, from african americans to another race….

17. Elizabeth

May 9, 2013 at 9:51 am

The last 20 years African-American women have stood by while our men walked and/or ran away to jail, un-education, white and other races of women etc. Now this young woman looked to another race for a mate finds one and appears happy and people want to criticize her. I applaud her for her choice and I hope she has a happy life. What saddens me is the fact that so many women of color are still supporting men who literally hate their own. Sisters look around; don’t turn down a good man because of race. Our men look at all races and it is about time we play catch up.

• Lady A

May 9, 2013 at 10:08 am

AMEN! Those black women still holding on to that “Last black hope” are called “MULES” you know what mules do? They’re forced to carry loads for their owners no matter how tired they get they still think they have to do it or be punished. That’s black women for you. I’m sick and tired of hearing black women complaining and crying about some black man marrying a white woman or a non-black woman, getting all sad and disappointed like she really had a chance. Then come and complain and bash their own sisters for doing the same, they really believe if they try and force black men to love black women that’ll it’ll help them in their quest to satisfy black men therefore they can get them a good black man because it’s all they know. That’s more pathetic than anything. This woman found her a quality man, and he found him a quality woman. Black men marry out 24/7, what’s the problem?

• SS1075

May 9, 2013 at 11:19 am

I agree Elizabeth wholeheartedly. If they get along and see eye to eye, that is what is most important. These other people and their opinions can go over a cliff.

• Unk

May 9, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Very few black men marry interracially. I believe the latest statistic is that 88% of black men marry black women. So this idea you assert that all black men do is chase after white women is just wrong. If black men “hated their own” then why would they continue to wife blak women? And I’m a bit confused about what you wrote when you said you applaud her for her choice. Are you happy that she appears to be happy in a relationship or are you applauding her decision to go white? You seem to suggest that a white man is automatically a good man while also suggesting that black men are either running to jail or chasing white women. Your mental state really disturbs me.

There is nothing wrong with a black women factoring in compatibility as part of the criteria for finding a suitable mate. You would be stupid not to. Now you want black women to play “catch up” and run out and marry any white man that will ask? That’s not a very responsible way to chose a mate. Not every white man is good and more importantly, not every white man is good for you.

18. Jfe

May 9, 2013 at 10:46 am

This is typical. She was born into wealth. Did you “really think” she would marry a “black man.” She has “probably” been in the company of white men all of her life.

19. Jfe

May 9, 2013 at 10:47 am

And…as for BET. I “quit” watching a long time ago, when Donnie Simpson left.

20. rosemary davis

May 9, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Well Bo Watkins, where were you a couple of weeks ago when Michael Jordan married a white Woman why didn’t you write this article then, and maybe give it the title Another Black Man marrying a white woman or better yet why aren’t Black Women good enough too Marry a black Man?Any time a black Woman from a particular background marry a white Man there is always a back lash but it’s diffrent when black Men of importance or high status in life does it.So what’s good for the Goose is good for the Gander

21. David Hunt

May 9, 2013 at 12:50 pm

When will we stop!!!!!!! My daughters could marry who they want!!! As long as they’re hardworking law abiding respectful men. Race shouldn’t concern us!!! Isn’t this what our ancesters lost their lives for? For us to be unlimited in ALL areas of life? Mentally, spiritually, emotionally, etc., etc., ?

• Jalen

May 29, 2013 at 3:10 pm

David Hunt,

Perhaps, you need to go back and read your history books because I believe that I can say, incontrovertibly, that INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE and RELATIONSHIPS were not at the TOP OF THE LIST of those woeful “slave beasts” and their progeny who wanted to be able to do something as simple as think for themselves and, perhaps, learn to read or write or get paid for their services without having the proverbially, “foot on their necks” by a white man.

Certainly, it is not 1863 or 1865 but surely black solidarity and wanting to leave a legacy of pride and confidence that IT IS PERFECTLY OKAY to love and honor someone IN YOUR OWN RACE and it does not make one racist to NOT ENDORSE relationships or marriage outside of one’s race!!!

HOW IS MARRYING OUTSIDE OF THE RACE HELPING ME OR YOU? It certainly has not helped the BLACK UNION of the past with so many mixed up looking folks who may or may not be able to pass where we have created an “American Black Racial Caste System” that is still affecting us to this day whether we want to acknowledge it or not!!!!

People will marry who they choose to and, ultimately, there is nothing we can do about it. But, we don’t have to pretend that interracial marriage is some kind of “boon” for the black community and that every black person has to be in favor of it.

It is always quite interesting and, frankly, incredulous to me that so many black people who are looking for love and/or intimate partnerships often lament about how they cannot find a good woman or man and, yet, quite a few seem to have no trouble finding a woman or man outside of their race. Perhaps, if they would work harder to find a “quality black woman or man” they would have less time to jump across the fence to find love from other races – which for some reason the idea is seen as some kind of panacea for the woes of life?!!!!!!!

I have met and observed black men (mostly) who simply do not care for or find their own women attractive and don’t seem to have a problem with that assertion one bit. Even doing something as innocuous as hanging out at a local mall, I have observed black men overlooking the beauty of black women who walk by (unless the woman appears “EXOTIC” OR “WHITE-LOOKING”) but their eyes just about bulge out of their heads “reckless eyeballin” a white woman especially if she has those “traditional sister girl curves” associated with black women. We have a real problem in our community when we are tossed into the “trash bin of invisibility” by some of our black men.

People can have all the biracial or interracial children they want in this country and around the world and that still will not change the fact that the mainstream and many in our own community still apply a “white aesthetic” for beauty that many women (and, men) still long for or worship in this country and all around the world.

And, where does that leave the rest of us “regular-looking” black folks? Do you think that this is going to make our lives better or cause others to change their opinions of “black-featured” folks in this country or improve race relations with those who will castigate a black person for “racial impurity” (just ask white woman loving Tiger Woods who self-identifies as a “Caublanasian” – notice the “White” description comes first in the amalgamation of races even though he appears anything but!!!!)

Yes, be bold and make your own interracial marital choices, but you should not be given a “most favored status” or a “gold star” for your prerogatives or “special bennies” for your off spring that often take opportunities via the mainstream media, entertainment and corporate America from those who are not necessarily “exotic” enough!!!

And, finally, I have lived for over half of a century in this black body and I have seen and done things through the grace of God that were made possible by the blood, sweat and tears of my ancestors and those who fought beside them to enhance my freedom and opportunities. I assure you. There is nothing limiting mentally, spiritually or emotionally about being black in my book.

We just have to remove the “mind chains” that tell us that we cannot be OKAY if we seek to fully live our lives in total commitment to and solidarity with the black community and that we do not need to intermarry or date others outside of our community in order to “feel special” or “evolve” into a whole person!!

• moeblues

December 9, 2013 at 11:57 pm

@Jalen,

I was under the impression that former NBA hoopster Jalen Rose was the author of this brilliant post before you referenced your age.

Well done – Pilgrim.

22. Samdra :Lindsay

May 9, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Where is the surpise??? Bob has never even given the appearance of being any different, which was made perfectly obvious when he sold BET.

23. Daisy

May 9, 2013 at 1:31 pm

WHO CARES? At the end of the day, neither Bob Johnson, his daughter or her new husband is contributing any money to support your households. Let her marry who she wants!!!!

24. Ann G.

May 9, 2013 at 1:54 pm

She has a right to marry whomever, the thing about white folks, you never really know who or what you are getting until after the fact. At least with most Black men, what you see is what you get. As for being a gentlemen, we won’t know that for a few years now will we Mr. Johnson. He could belong to the KKK, he could be the type to kick her butt, shoot her, who knows, you just don’t know white people. I wish them well.

• Beverly

December 3, 2013 at 12:56 pm

That’s interesting that you believe, with Black men what you see is what you get. Many Black women, who married Black men, and later divorced them, might beg to differ with you. When a divorce occurs, it is often because that statement is untrue; no mattter the race.

Marry whomever you love, and loves you in return. With hard work, prayer and a little luck, hopefully the marriage will be a happy one and last.

25. Unk

May 9, 2013 at 2:20 pm

This article is so stupid. How long are people going to blame Bob Johnson and BET for all their problems. If BET caused so much damage to your life, you were stupid for not changing the channel. Give me one compelling report or study that confirms that BET was the cause of the breakdown of the black community. Most black folks don’t even have cable. Who was to blame before BET? And if so many people claim that they NEVER watch the network, we should be a near perfect society according to this logic. Bob Johnson created a medium that provided an option for black folks in a world where there were no black entertainment outlets on television. The programming has always been far from perfect, but his network would have never been successful if people didn’t watch it. If you’re going to blame anyone, blame yourselves for letting your kids watch hours of videos. No one has ever been forced by the government to watch BET. Learn how to take responsibility for your own actions. This assertion that Bob Johnson is responsible for a form of social engineering to destroy black America is beyond crazy.

26. Terrell

May 9, 2013 at 2:56 pm

All our money going right back to the “white community.” Damn, Damn, Damn.

27. Terrell

May 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm

As rich as her daddy is she goes off an marries a broke ass insurance man. Hey, he’s white.

28. Greg

May 9, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I wouldn’t be so sure that Paige has a gentleman. White guys are very good at presenting themselves with a good appearance, but a lousy character. We do not know what they are like behind closed doors. Bob Johnson would be the type the type to fall for that gullible appearance. He probably does not really know his son in law. Or he daughter for that matters. People tend to see what they want to see.

29. chico stafford

May 9, 2013 at 5:16 pm

The real issue for me is why is it when we as black folk finally gain any measure of success weather we become athletes so called celebrities or business people we forget about the people who helped us get there mostly black folk.We allow the worst of them to hang with and marry the best of us.

30. Ruby from NJ

May 9, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Bob Johnson need not have boasted. Let’s wait awhile and see what transpires. Will the husband go after her fortune? If so, he would not be the first or the one-thousandth.

31. wanda

May 9, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I don’t see a conspiracy or a double standard. All I see is a young woman who just happened to marry someone of a different race, who just happens to have a wealthy father. Easy to blame something or someone else for the ills that affect our people, but when it all comes down to it we’re responsible for parenting our children and uplifting our community to a higher level. I don’t care if there’s romp shaking fest on the street. It’s up to us to stir our young minds up and away from the smut and on to something more positive. Is it easy to do, no. But we can try.

32. Peter D. Slaughter

May 9, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I wonder how many people will make excuses for this phony and this situation with his daughter ?
    She is just doing what daddy taught her.
    On a grand scale the scheme/deception of intergration has misled and bambozzled many black’s when it was first done and even now in the 21st century

33. fred sims

May 10, 2013 at 8:34 am

So what else is new? Bob served the dope, we didn’t have to take it.I had BET blocked in my home for years.as for who his daughter married why should that be a surprise? There was no way a man of his wealth was going to expose his little girl to anyone dumb enough to think music videos are real life.

34. VoiceofReason

May 10, 2013 at 10:16 am

First off, Bob Johnson has not owned BET is a VERY LONG TIME, so if anyone is to blame, blame Viacom. Further, you mate with whom you meet in the same social circles and no one should criticize this woman’s choice in a mate. She is the only one that is to deal with him. There are more pressing things in this world to deal with than trying to make something racial and cultural of this young woman’s choice in a mate.

35. Poetee

May 10, 2013 at 3:35 pm

The best promoters for little girls is their fathers being responsible for raising them to respect themselves just like Johnson did. Most men utilizing prostitues will die over the idea of another man doing to their own daughter he is doing to another’s daughter, but yet prostitution goes on today.
    Prevention is the best key to ” us” being responsible for those little ones we make.
    1. Ladies choose wisely the man you should marry and have children
    2. Men choose wisely the woman you should marry and have children
    3. Be responsible for your own kids- society is not going to give them what you can give them
    4.. The thing against a girl going for a genlteman is for her ” father”/ daddy to represent himself as one to her mother and to her.
    5. A decent man chooses a whore for his wife, the daughter will think that is what men really want- does not matter how rich or famous a person is, it’s very hard to protect a child from lack of character or integrity.
    6. It’s ok to get rid of the “Hellavision” and spend quality time teaching and conversing with your own kids.
    7. Seriously- peace!

36. Zandra

May 10, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Bob Johnson’s daughter married the man she loves. Why is there a problem, love who you want to love. As I read some of the comments that were really bad. How can someone write something about an marriage that has nothing to do with people who are upset about marriage? I wish the best for the new couple!

FYI – I am a Black woman and she looks beautiful as a Bride!

37. Ralph Dixon

May 14, 2013 at 1:27 am

Perhaps we all should take a look at the man in the mirror because at the end of the day he or she are the only people we have the power to influence. Be careful not to become what you despise.
    We are,I do not know how, double within ourselves so that what we believe we disbelieve and cannot rid ourselves of that which we condemn.
    holla back.

Mithras64

38. LarryJ

May 14, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Rich old man negro Bob Johnson is going to live long enough to see his white boy son in law take most of his money , divorce his daughter and send her back to the ghetto……

39. Soul06

December 2, 2013 at 2:17 pm

If you people would stop being mindless sheep and would actually do some research you would know that Bob Johnson hasn’t had true control over BET since 1998 (at which point he only had 42% of the company). Viacom took over BET in 2000. THEY are responsible for the coonery that airs now. Not Bob Johnson.

40. jim

December 3, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Still mad at Bob Johnson , what did you expect . I guess the same standard will be used with Obama’s children .

41. Aaron Steinberg

December 3, 2013 at 1:03 pm

LOL, you didn’t refere to his daughteras a spoiled “bish” or am I in need of bi-focals for reading. Hump BJ the JO!!

42. Devon

December 3, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Awwww man not this old ass piece again! And yall STILL crying like a bitch about this?? Black people have the RIGHT to marry whomever they please. His daughter married the man SHE wanted, and Bob approved it. Black women was loving and fucking thugs LONG before Bob Johnson came along, so stop blaming him for that rag of a station he hasn’t owned it since 1998, blame Debra Lee or whatever her name is, who owns it now. And something else thats shady about that article, it stated Dudley Payne III “sells insurance” NOPE he doesn’t sell insurance he’s the PRINCIPAL OWNER of the insurance company, so much for throwing shade Naturally Noi! Like the last time I’m throwing up congrats to Bob Johnsons daughter and her husband. She comes from a well to do family and she married a well to do man, AS IT SHOULD BE, what was she supposed to do marry a broke ass brotha? NOPE! Bob and wifey trained their daughter well, DON’T MARRY DOWN, MARRY YOUR EQUAL! Somebody shoulda told all these goofy ass basketball and football players that, but naw they married a bunch of hoes and goldiggers who were broke as hell and dumb as a bag of rocks, but they got a phat ass and a cute face, how much is that worth? But I can’t blame the ballas ’cause most didn’t have fathers worth a shit to coach them on how to meet and marry their financial equal. Bob and his wife RAISED UP their daughter to marry her EQUAL and to be a respected WIFE, not a baby mama. Kudos to the Johnsons for raising a nice young respectable and SMART lady!

43. Devon

December 3, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I never saw so much dayum crying over who people CHOOSE to marry yall worse than Derrick Rose cryin ass, “Ohhhhh I wanna get my mama out the hood cause I was so worried about my mama who laid up and had kids she coulnt afford and I had to spend most my time with my grandma waaaaahh…ohhhhh I’ma rep all my nuccas in Shiraque I ain’t gon’ build no schools or clinics or nothin’ I’ma rep a sneaker in my name and sell it for $200 so nuccas can shoot and kill each other over sneakers they can’t afford to buy waaaaaaaaah…I’m handing all the knuckleheads crying over Bobs daughter marrying a white man a crying towel waaaaaaaaah…yall crying over their marriage but yall not crying over nuccas killing each other and a 72% out of wedlock birthrate waaaaaaaaah!! Please all yall need to sit down and mind your own dayum business. Losers!!

44. monkey woman