Lauryn Hill’s Landlord Doesn’t Have Nice Things to Say After Going to Court Over Eviction

images (6)

Lauryn Hill has had a rough time of it over the last few years.  No one seems to know exactly what’s going on with her, and she might be going to prison soon for not paying her taxes.

Hill’s landlord isn’t going to let her be sent up the river before she pays him the money she owes.  The singer is being sued for an eviction, where she was booted out of the mansion she rented for not paying the rent.   Hill has been renting the home since 2009 in South Orange, New Jersey.  But she only missed rent for a month before her landlord took her to court.

It seems that the landlord might be rushing to get his money after Hill pleaded guilty to tax fraud and now faces several years in prison.   Hill says that the reason she avoided paying taxes and performing for so many years was because she felt her life was in danger.

Her 1998 album, “The Mis-education of Lauryn Hill” sold 19 million copies and remains one of the most highly-regarded albums in music history.   After dropping out of the music industry for nearly a decade, Hill re-emerged for a series of lackluster performances, disappointing fans around the world.

1. corbin56

April 20, 2013 at 12:35 am

Who rents a mansion?? That was a total waste of money.

2. JDub81

April 20, 2013 at 1:50 am

Lauren… Please get it together. Whatever has gone in in your life after 1998 in 2013 please correct it. You have six lives depending on you.

3. Chantel

April 20, 2013 at 4:10 am

Keep ya head up Sis….

4. Maryam

April 20, 2013 at 8:14 am

Lauryn is a very stong woman, she will fight her way through this, my prayers are with you Queen.

5. Bill

April 20, 2013 at 8:44 am

Lauren Hill is a Revaluationary Women and the Record Company won’t let her Record again, look at the Marley’s since The father was killed by Govt.

6. Nyak C. Gala

April 21, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I live in a world full of technology and they have houses cars and are programmed to do things that are fun and exciting. I do not feel sorry for Lauryn Hill because she is only technology. I feel sorry for myself Nyak C. Gala who is human and is denied basic human necissities for no reason. I am saddened at how I have been treated by the landlords of this saratunya and I have asked over and over for better treatment. I was pregnant and assualted just to name a few things that have happened to me.

7. Zia

April 22, 2013 at 1:01 am

Indeed my prayers are with you, stay strong, revolutionize! Be 100 L!

8. John Dixon

April 22, 2013 at 10:37 am

lauren Hill former lover of Terek Marley?

9. B.vau

April 22, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I love her music, I just can’t understand why celebrities get caught up so badly with tax issues, fraud and shit just so unbelievable!!!! Wow!