Celebrities

Kim Kardashian Consults With Friends On How to Raise a Bi-Racial Child

Kim Kardashian consults with friends on how to raise a bi-racial child.

Reported by Malcolm Morrow

Kim Kardashian has recently come out as saying that the child she is about to have with Kanye West will not see people based on race. Some people feel that the child might have a lofty identity crisis on its hands due to the different cultures and upbringings of both parents. Kardashian rebuffs these critics concerns and says that her child will be worldly and familiar with many different cultures.

Obviously you want your children, for me, to travel the world and experience different races and different cultures everywhere so I think that would be something that is important to me to give as much information as I could,” says Kardashian.

Kardashian says she has also been getting some pointers on the subject from her friends in interracial relationships to gain some insight on how to make the mixing of separate cultures combine more cohesively. “I have a lot of friends that are all different nationalities and their children are bi-racial, so they have kind of talked to me a little bit about it and what to expect and what not to expect. But I think that the most important thing is, how I would want to raise my children, is to just not see color,” she said.

It’s beautiful that Kardashian wants her child to not feel as though race matters but it is ultimately unrealistic. No matter how culturally inclusive or culturally rich the child’s home life is, the outside world is an entirely different story.

What advice would you offer Kim?

Malcolm Morrow, a Your Black World Network contributor, is a senior, criminal justice major at The University of Southern Miss

1. Haile

April 2, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Sister Janice Reaves you are very wise sister and you have made my comment for me and the world.

2. Ann

April 2, 2013 at 4:01 pm

There are so many biracial children. My concern is the moral upbringing of the child in this dysfunctional relationship . Kane West’s mother would be very disappointed in his choice of a woman.

3. carolyn m.

April 3, 2013 at 3:31 pm

This is insulting to me. Raising a biracial child is no differnt that raising a one race child. This sounds like the child is something strange. All children should be raised with love. Biracial children are no different. This child will probably be born with colored skin and Kanye ‘s features. The public will see a black child and treat him accordingly.

4. Stormy

April 8, 2013 at 1:47 am

I have seen so many comments on this site and others talking about our president and his mixed heritage, we have always had an issue with mixed children and always will. 50 years ago it was taboo and the children were given up for adoption because of a “mistake”. See a light skinned black person and the first thing said is “they are mixed”, pretty sure most folks living now are “mixed”. It is almost the norm. Not really an issue!

5. Tracie Green

June 5, 2013 at 11:49 am

JUST RAISE YOUR CHILD LIKE YOU WOULD ANY OTHER CHILD, DAME WHAT NEGATIVE PEOPLE SAY:-)!!!!!

6. JC

June 5, 2013 at 3:02 pm

The world is more excepting of bi-racial children but not all the way. The world can be a cruel place. Let your child come to her own conclusion as what race she’ll want to identify with more. The only thing you may need advice on is how to do her hair. But as much money as you have, you will no doubt have a personal hair dresser for her at all times.

7. GWENETH JULES MOORHOUSE

June 5, 2013 at 8:38 pm

TELL Kim to ask PRESIDENT OBAMA
    ASK ME
    and ASK MY YOUNGEST SON
    Tell Kim also
    A child is a child: anyhow, anywhere, anyplace, anytime;
    any parent; all the time

8. GWENETH JULES MOORHOUSE

June 5, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Hope she takes my advice as to whom to ask

9. DR. BOB

June 6, 2013 at 9:09 am

Inform Kim that I have a book coming out this mont on “Raising Black Kids To Be OK” One chapter is devoted exclusively to raising a bi-racial child. It may help her.

10. http://www.gracedentalclinic.in

May 31, 2020 at 3:01 am

Thanks for the post.Really thank you!