1. ordinarybrutha

April 5, 2013 at 12:27 pm

There are so many aspects that you can examine to highlight the impact of Angela Davis. What resonated with me was that you can be physically beautiful and have a revolutionary spirit. Being 15 years of age those things (as shallow as it may sound)appealed to me. She affected the way Black Women embraced their natural beauty as well as reintroducing them to the struggle of Black People.

I applaud the energy of this documentary and I encourage everyone to support it, particularly those who do not know anything about Angela Davis.

2. Milwood

April 5, 2013 at 1:04 pm

when is it and on what channel will it be shown??

3. Latrice

April 5, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I will definitely support it

4. Deacon Cooley

April 5, 2013 at 3:41 pm

I definitely will support this film. It needs to be more films like this instead of all the negative and exploitation on T.V. of our people.
    The youth of today need to know where they came from and then maybe they would have more pride about themselves!

5. Fatima

April 6, 2013 at 1:09 pm

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

6. T

April 6, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Angela Davis was an avowed Communist who tried to foist on us the ideology of an enemy nation, which killed millions of its own citizens under the banner of “Power to the People” before totally collapsing under the weight of its own contradictions… WHAT KIND OF A LEGACY IS THAT??? And she deserves to be a professor teaching our kids exactly what!!! She did have great hair though…..

• Bobbie Woody

April 7, 2013 at 1:59 pm

T, you have got to be a klansman or just simply out of your mind. Maybe you are just a brain-washed individual that is Black in skin color, but have worship the white race mentally. Pray.

• Regina

April 7, 2013 at 4:37 pm

What did you expect from Uncle Ruckus?

• Regina

April 7, 2013 at 4:37 pm

T – take your bullschytt elsewhere. Here in AMERIKKKA is doing and have been doing what you accuse the communists of. It was the Community Party in Amerikkka that helped the Scotsboro Boys. Where was your grandparents and parents in this injustice?

How many blacks were lynched, killed, railroaded under the capitalist banner?

Talk about what you know and not what you know and that ain’t much.

7. Red723

April 6, 2013 at 11:43 pm

T, you are a troll. suck a cock you bitch ass mothafucka

8. H. LaVerne Hardin

April 7, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Angela Davis is one of the most renoun women of my generation. I attended a meeting held by her sister Fina (sp) at the University of Missouri during the time Angela was incarcerated. Her sister was seeking donations to free Angela. We loved, admired and respected Angela, we were fighting racism/segregation in Kansas and Missouri. I donated, I think, $50.00. In 1973 I joined the U.S. Navy and was called into the FBI Building to question whether or not I was a Communist, not understanding why I was called in and not understanding what the question was I told them no, I am a Baptist. I informed me that I had donated to the Free Angela Davis fund, I had forgotten the donation but definitely remembered Angela, to this day. The world fears black intelligence, and despises those who fight for their constitutional rights. Angela is still fighting to rights of and illegal incarceration of Black males, she proved the system wrong for their allegations against her. A smart woman, is a jewel, not a monster, fear is of the devil.

I have not stopped fighting, and never will. Thank you Angela Davis.

9. marcus davis

April 8, 2013 at 9:58 am

I would definetly go out and see this documentary.

10. Roland

April 8, 2013 at 4:49 pm

There were many avowed communists and socialists back in the day and now! What most avowed capitalist don’t understand is that there would be no communist or socialist if it weren’t for the excesses that capitalism affords in the form of excessive greed; oppression, racism, sexism, genocide, are all the related parts that capitalism must have in order to succeed. As well as unlimited resources. In essence, capitalism is parent to communism, cause and effect people. Workers could not continue, unarmed and unorganized in the wake of mass production, that was treating them as basically, another resource to be used up and tossed away when unable to produce! They played a major factor in unions. That’s why the powers that be hate them so much. 8 hr. day, minimum wages, seniority, retirement, insurance, all were the results. Peace