Celebrities

Remember Kyle Barker from Living Single? Here’s an Update on His Life

kyle1

by Malcolm Morrow

“Living Single” was one of the most popular Black sitcoms of the 90’s. It provided a look at group of 20something professionals living in a New York City apartment building before “Friends” was even on the air. Kyle Barker was one of those characters, a debonair stock broker that dressed suave, spoke with an added air of class and was part of the reason the show had such a devout female fan base.
Kyle was played by T.C. Carson, who recently sat down with website MadameNoire.com to give them an update on what he’s been doing since the show ended. Carson says that he’s been doing a lot of video game work and that he’s most known for providing the voice of Kratos, who is the star of Sony’s multi-million dollar selling “God of War” franchise.
Carson also says that he’s been doing a lot of singing as well. He says that he did a successful concert in Memphis and they brought him back to do a Christmas concert with a group of high school children that he will be coaching and working with leading up to the performance. When asked what he preferred more he replied, “There’s really no question for me, I would sing before acting. In acting a lot of people have control over what your performance looks like. You only have control over what you give them; they have control over everything else.
He looks back fondly on his days doing “Living Single” and refers to the cast as his “brothers and sisters” and states that he “misses coming to work with friends everyday”. Also, he and the cast have managed to stay in contact with each other over the years. He said he never dated anyone on the show, no matter how convincing the chemistry was between him and co-star Erika Alexander, who played Maxine, was. “I’ve never dated on the show and I never wanted to date anyone on the show. Me and Erika are born on the same day, that’s my twin sister. I wouldn’t date my sister.” Carson seems to be doing quite well and I wish him continued success.

1. Sasha Tarion

March 23, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Living Single was and still is a good show. The characters were realistic and easy to relate to.

• jade collins

September 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm

that is my favorite show of all i love it I’m so glad he is doing so well

2. ICDATHRUTH

March 23, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Great show, and it was as relatable to the average black person as Freinds was to whites.

3. Tawnymarie

March 23, 2013 at 6:06 pm

I’m glad to see him still living and well.

4. corbin56

March 24, 2013 at 2:53 am

I remember him being on the Macy’s christmas commercial in 2011. (Where they all ride down the escalator and then burst into song) I haven’t seen or heard from him since.

5. GW

March 24, 2013 at 5:58 am

Well T.C. with all due respect, I’ve seen Living Single and you
    don’t kiss and feel up your sister like you did Max. I am just saying.

6. PB Short

March 24, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Pleased to read about someting positive for once…

7. chrystal

March 24, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Damn he still looks good!!! Oh yeah and that voice…..

8. TIMM DAWG

March 25, 2013 at 10:48 am

So good to see POSITIVE brothers in the media doing well. We need more like him.

9. Regina Ferguson

March 26, 2013 at 12:49 pm

LOOK’N GOOD!!!!!!

10. Ms. West Philly City of Brotherly Love & Sisterly Affection

March 27, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I have always love his voice, the brother can really sing. I don’t know why some music producer have not grabbed him up. I look at all the re-runs every night on TV one and I really love the ones where he gets his chance to sing. He can sing to this sista any time. Keep staying strong my brother and keep up the wonderful work.

11. ButchU

March 27, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Good to see “Kyle” since the MACY’S commercial. Hope he comes out soon!

12. barbara

March 28, 2013 at 12:08 am

Hello terrence how are u, its nice to see u and learn ur doing good take care, tell ur family hello for me. much love.

13. Miss T

March 28, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Yvette Lee Bowser (grew up with her husband) was genius…that show was gold!

14. Norman Russell

January 4, 2014 at 8:39 am

I always loved that Kente Sheet-he had on his bed….Had to go out and
    get one…Awesome show…Still is my favourite…Good luck and best wishes for a continued great career….My keepsake from the show-is my KENTE sheet…lol

15. Ann G.

January 4, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Loved that show, glad to know he is doing well.

16. Devon

January 4, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I watch reruns of living single AND A Different World every night, great shows!

17. louewalker@yahoo.com

January 5, 2014 at 4:48 pm

So good to hear you are doing well!!!Hoping some producer snaps you up & you can sing for all of us!!!!

18. TJ

January 5, 2014 at 10:31 pm

That was a great show and Kyle was my favorite character. The chemistry he and Erica had on the show was always great to watch.
    It is good to see that the brother is doing well!

19. Kmad

January 6, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Boy would I love to see a reunion show lol. This brother’s voice whether speaking or singing is absolutely golden!!! So glad he is doing well, he definately needs more exposure he has too much talent and is great representation for black men on t.v……and in life! 🙂

20. cj

January 6, 2014 at 2:51 pm

wHEN THE SHOW WERE STILL AIRING,, MY YOUNGEST SON TOOK ME OUT TO DINNER IN BEVERLY HILLS,, WE WERE SITTING AT THE TABLE ENJOYING OUR MEALS AND WHO SUDDENLY WALKS UP TO OUR TABLE BUT,, YOU GOT IT!! kYLE.. I JUST ABOUT , my mouth were open and all I could say was “”oh, oh, wow!! they all were laughing with everyone in the place looking on; I just did not know how to clear that up, (my re-action to seeing my favorite star in person,so close to me) (smle) My son stood up and said,, oh, by the way Mom , “I would like to introduce you to one of my friends & neighbor..”Kyle” of Living Single. It were then that i realized that they had it all planned > on my Birthday,, Then i start laughing,,and said “Thanks Chris,, this is the greatest Birthday present ever”” what a suprise. He knew I simply loved this young man. I pray that he is well. His voice,, I fell in love with the first time I heard it. My son, no longer livs in Beverly Hills he and his wife bought a Home up North.. This I will always remember, I have never been a TV Watcher but I never missed a show.. This man have such class about him., he will do well where ever he is.

21. Jimmie Lowe

January 6, 2014 at 6:49 pm

TC Carson I am happy to see that you did what we talked about as kids. I wish you the best in the future with your music and plays. I have been watching your movies from Living Large to Living Single take care and keep up the good work.

22. gail williams

August 10, 2014 at 2:42 pm

I love everything t.c. has done. They should offer living single in box sets.

23. rickylawson

March 13, 2020 at 9:12 pm

behavioral interview Questions
    behavioral interview Questions and answers
    behavioral interview questions for managers
    behavioral interview questions star
    behavioral interview questions pdf
    behavioral interview questions nursing
    behavioral interview questions software engineer
    behavioral interview questions amazon
    behavioral interview questions reddit
    behavioral interview questions examples
    behavioral interview questions and answers nursing
    behavioral interview questions and answers for customer service
    behavioral interview questions and how to answer them
    behavioral interview questions accounting
    behavioral interview questions about teamwork
    behavioral interview questions about communication
    behavioral interview questions attention to detail
    behavioral interview questions and sample answers
    the behavioral interview questions and answers
    the muse behavioral interview questions
    the best behavioral interview questions
    the balance behavioral interview questions
    a list of behavioral interview questions
    the hardest behavioral interview questions
    the toughest behavioral interview questions
    behavioral interview questions book
    behavioral interview questions business analyst

24. Audie Taney

March 15, 2020 at 1:10 pm

What’s up friends, its impressive article regarding tutoringand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

25. Amy Waterman

March 15, 2020 at 7:29 pm

This article has certainly helped in dealing with a number of the concerns I have been having regarding this subject for quite a while now. I really appreciate all the work you’ve put into making this article.

26. Amy Waterman

March 17, 2020 at 4:50 pm

I really enjoy the way you engage your readers in your articles and I would sure be checking back regularly. Keep publishing more educative posts like this as I seriously appreciate your efforts.

27. Save My Marriage Today Review

March 19, 2020 at 9:23 am

It’s just like you went through my head! You appear to understand so much about this matter, as if you have published a book or something regarding it previously. Truly an awesome read. I will surely return for more.

28. Amy Wateman Save My Marriage Today

March 21, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Great article. I found it highly informative seeing that I had been looking for better information and facts regarding it for some time now. Thanks a lot for sharing.

29. Save My Marriage Today Reviews

March 23, 2020 at 5:44 am

I just could not leave your blog without making a comment on the high quality of your articles and also the quantity of facts you provide to your visitors. Will definitely be returning regularly to check out what other wonderful information you have up your sleeves.

30. Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers

March 26, 2020 at 9:46 am

Drug Rehabilitation Clinics http://aaa-rehab.com Drug Rehab Centers http://aaa-rehab.com Drug And Rehab Centers

31. Save My Marriage Today eBook

March 29, 2020 at 12:03 am

Amazing! Exactly what I had recently been seeking. Such terrific stuff you’ve got here. Thanks once more and do keep bringing out the fantastic articles!

32. Save My Marriage Today

March 30, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Hey there, I discovered your blog as a result of a search engine and found your write-ups were really edifying. I appreciate your writing technique and I firmly believe that just like me, numerous persons are profiting from your great information.

33. فیلم سکسی خارجی