Celebrities

Michael Jordan to Wedding Guests: “Don’t Talk to The Media”

Michael Jordan has informed his wedding guests that they are not to disclose details about their wedding to the public.

Reported by Malcolm Morrow

Michael Jordan recently announced that the nuptials between him and longtime girlfriend Yvette Prieto would soon be taking place. Media outlets are reporting that Michael Jordan’s wedding invitation included a request for RSVP – and for silence. Invitees to Jordan and Prieto’s ceremony, which will be a black tie affair in Palm Beach, Florida, have been instructed not to speak to any media outlets or talk to members of their family that might divulge the details.

There were also stipulations regarding cameras and cellphones, stating that guests would have to leave them behind unless the photos would only be for personal use such as memories of the event. It’s sad that celebrities have to go to these lengths in order to insure that their right to privacy is respected. This isn’t the first time celebrities have taken great precaution when preparing to say I do.

Janet Jackson and Wissam Al Mana managed to keep their wedding a secret all the way up until after it happened, no easy feat in modern times I assure you. This was achieved by getting the entire guest list to agree to silence. I applaud celebrities for doing whatever is necessary to keep their special day private; paparazzi have become far too invasive. It’s sickening that people are so engorged with celebrities and their lives that they would do anything just to get a glimpse behind the curtain.

If you were a celebrity, would you make your attendees agree to silence?

Malcolm Morrow, a Your Black World Network contributor, is a senior, criminal justice major at The University of Southern Miss

1. Jah Larry Dread

March 26, 2013 at 10:04 am

If you were a celebrity, would you make your attendees agree to silence? YES.

2. Pat Garland

March 26, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I don’t know. But it’s good to know that I can if I want to. To each their own.
    G

3. barbara

March 26, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I do not know this michael jordon boy. I don’t care if he marries a cow. One thing I do know for a fact; none of his shoes, shirts, pants, shorts, or posters are welcome into my hosue. I am black and beautiful and the idea of his junk coming into my house makes me sick. I wonder about the past now more than the future. CLING, CLING, LOCK< LOCK< think about it.

4. Valerie

March 26, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Well, all I can say is that I wish him well. You love who you love but some loves come with a pot of gold. Just hope everyone have the right intentions because some, after its was over brought these guys to ruin. I will never say white is right because all ethnic backgrounds have their challenges and flaws. What I can only say to Mike is if he is marrying without the drama, God bless him. Should I ever go around the track again he can be blue, green or poker pink but he wont look like me. So Mike, I understand and wish you well!

• Tennis Diva

March 26, 2013 at 11:13 pm

@Valerie

I read between the lines… I here ya!!

5. Kerri

March 27, 2013 at 1:59 am

Oh get freaking real. He’s enjoyed his fame and I’m sure he’s spent lots of money he’s made because he’s a public figure. Part of the price of fame is lack of privacy. If he wants a private affair, then he shouldn’t invite anybody. He doesn’t get to have it both ways. Jagoff.

6. Mandingo X

March 27, 2013 at 9:53 am

Congratulations Mike!
    The self-righteous hypocrites, who encourage and cheer Halle Berry,Janet Jackson, LaToya Jackson, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Tia Moury, Tamara Moury, Tina Turner, Eartha Kitt, Dianne Carroll, Condi Rice, Diana Ross, Mariah Carey, (was married to Tommy before Nick,)Donna Summer, Toni Braxton, Oprah Winfrey, (dated and lived with John Tesh in the 1970’s) Whoppi Goldberg, Lena Horne, Josephine Baker, Dorthy Dandridge,Thadie Newton, Zoe Saldana, Soledad O’Brien for getting their “Swirl On” have the audacity to call Black Males, such as Micheal Jordan and Tiger Woods “Sell Outs” for dating and marrying non Black women. However, the history of this nation shows that Black Women and White males have been getting their “swirl on” for hundreds of years, while Black Men were being lynched or castrated for even looking at a White female in the face. The Great Jack Johnson, the first Black Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the world was imprisoned for marrying his White wife, while Josephine Baker was celebrated for being a “sexual nymph” for White males. One thing far too many Black Women and White males have in common is their hatred and disdain of Black Men, who date, mate and married non-Black Women. I guess it is “Swirling” for Black Women and White Males and “Selling-Out” for Black Men and White Women!

7. Black Man

March 28, 2013 at 1:50 am

Some of these comments set our people back 100 years…… We always want to pull each other down rather than lifting one another up…. MJ is a man, a human being just like the rest of us. He is not the poster boy for African Americans. He likes who he likes just like everyone else in the world. For those of you that say that you are disappointed by him, who the hell are you!? Do you know him personally? Have you spent time with him!? Are you a family member!? Or, are you just mad that he didn’t pick you to be his wife!? At the end of the day non of the damn post on this feed matter because that’s his life and he has the ability to do what he wants to do just like you. If you don’t have anything nice to say, SHUT THE HELL UP!!! smdh

8. bahati sobukwe

March 28, 2013 at 7:05 am

Mandingo X, I wished you had listed the names and occupations of these white mates in the lives of these celebrity blacks. Now, that would have been very interesting, since we already knew that blacks with two nickles together seem to prefer whites to validate their existence. That’s the caveat in these black relationships with whites–what money did they have before divorcing their black mates. Whoppie Goldberg reported that hers took her to the cleaners. What occupations do these whites have? Too many blacks marry down to get a white mate. It seems that Pearl Bailey and Lena Horne had one of ‘them’ that had some notoriety. I stand corrected if anyone can supply the list. Ha!

9. Max

April 1, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I really don’t care about MJ and what he does, but I have come across many articles online from black women blasting MJ for his new wife being wife. I remember MJ doing an interview back in the 80s when he said whlie he was in college it was hard or often difficult to get a date. Once he became rich and fameous black women started to chase after him.

10. 예스벳88

March 31, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Brand new boots , every day !

11. 카지노 보너스

April 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm

Best view you can see is near Lakes !

12. Joslyn Demetris

April 8, 2020 at 6:54 am

Hi to every one, the contents existing at this web page are actually awesome for people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

13. 실제 돈 카지노

April 9, 2020 at 10:11 am

Best view you can see is near Lakes !

14. Lawerence Grube

April 9, 2020 at 12:21 pm

Does your site have a contact page? I’m having problems locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail. I’ve got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

15. izzi

April 9, 2020 at 4:53 pm

At this time I am ready to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming yet again to read further news.

16. izzi.co.il

April 10, 2020 at 11:33 am

I’ve been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

17. Free Search Engine Submit

April 11, 2020 at 11:17 pm

I truly appreciate this post. I’ve been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thank you again!