Celebrities

Matthew Knowles On Beyoncé: ‘Let’s Be Clear… We Both Let Each Other Go’

Matthew Knowles discusses the painful decision to end management of daughter Beyonce.

As previously reported, Beyoncé made it very clear that all wasn’t well between she and her father in the candid documentary titled “Life Is But a Dream.” The superstar said she made the challenging decision to end her business relationship with her father because she wanted him to be a father as opposed to a business partner. When the interview asked Beyoncé did her plan work, she relied “No,” and continued to say it has been very hard to cope with the loss of her father as a parent.

For the first time since the release of the documentary, Beyoncé’s estranged father Matthew Knowles is speaking out and setting a few things straight in an exclusive interview with The Sun. After being blasted in the media for having an illegitimate child with a younger woman, the man has continued to run his management company, focusing primarily on gospel records.  Read the interview below:

On splitting from daughter:

It was hard for me to let her go — it was hard for both of us to let each other go. And let’s be clear on that. She didn’t let me go, we both let each other go. That’s a big difference.

On where their relationship stands today:

This was not a normal ending of a business agreement. This was a dad and a daughter and it was incredibly painful and it had some difficulties.  Normally I hate to talk about anything personal, but it would be a lie if I did not say it has been difficult.

On moving forward:

…I try to always have a positive mind about things and you got to do it the right way.

On Blue Ivy Carter:

The beauty of being a grandad is you can always give them back. You get to do all the fun stuff and not the harder things.

Do you believe they will reconcile?

1. John Dixon

March 26, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I REBUKE BEYONCE STANCE SHE IS WRONG, IF SHE WAS NOT MARRIED TO JAY Z AND GUARANTEE SHE WOULD STILL BE WITH HER DAD!

2. Regina Ferguson

March 26, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Just remember that husbands & wives come & go but family is for LIFE.

3. B.vau

March 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm

No matter what Mr. Knowles did, Bey need to let it go, if it wasn’t for her dad sacrificing everything so his daughter could have a blooming career she wouldn’t have had it, what has happened is between her mom and dad, not saying he was right, but who knows what was going on between the prior, This may have been coming to an end between them long before Bey’s career started, . Bottom line is she wouldn’t have been famous if her dad hadn’t of exposed her to the music industry, Bey getting over yourself. Ugh!

4. wheniwassifted

March 26, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I will pray for healing because there is no amount of money or fame that supercedes relationships. Without Matthew, the reality is there would be no “Beyonce” the person or the star and for that it is worth reconciling.

5. JDub81

March 26, 2013 at 3:54 pm

What it comes down to now and always….is he is her dad. Regardless of his shortcomings (and we all have them)she would not be where she is today without his input and vice versa. Right now he needs to be the dad and she needs to be the daughter. Hey guys….reach out!

6. FelishaC

March 26, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Father Matthew has to put himself in his daughters shoes. Surely Beyonce is hurt behind the demise of her parents divorce. He irrisponsibly fathered a child by another woman who by the way was looking for a” come up”. That man pays a very large amount in child support which come from the earnings he makes managing Beyonce’s career which means Beyonce is footing the bill. The more money he earns, the more that outside child and its opportunistic mother can collect.That is just a smart business move and I am sure they have a good relationship, we just wont see it.

7. Carol Edwards

March 26, 2013 at 5:44 pm

She is a great entertainer however, she gives off a aire that there is something not quite clean in the milk. Any woman who is held to such secrecy while being a public figure bothers me – Seems she is under the spell of Jay Z so that tells me something that I didn’t want to think about. Her Dad and her Mom’s business is their own, and she needs to steer clear of that when it comes to business.

8. lilb

March 26, 2013 at 6:00 pm

if it wasnt for her dad there would be no Beyonc !

9. Jay

March 27, 2013 at 8:34 am

Typical woman, exploit a man’s sacrifice then move on once she’s good. I thought this only happened in romantic relationships but I see women even do it to dads. (J-Lo/Diddy, Robin Givens/Mike Tyson… list goes on and on)

10. Wanda

March 29, 2013 at 10:59 am

There are hurt feelings but you have to be willing to forgive. It’s the only way that situation can be healed. You cannot resolve a difficult relationship with an attitude that’s set on getting even or retaliation. Someone’s, perhaps both of them, is going to have to take the high road, reach out and make amends.

11. NornFrowava

April 9, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that is both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you’ve got hit the nail on the head. Your notion is outstanding; the problem is some thing that not enough people today are speaking intelligently about. I’m particularly pleased that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

christian louboutin sale shoes