Beauty

Black and Blonde: Scientists Uncover Blonde Gene

Black-Blonde-Hair-224x300Scientists have finally figured out how some of the dark-skinned inhabitants of the Solomon Islands have naturally blonde hair.  Researchers used to believe the blonde hair came from interaction with European people; however, a group from Stanford has detected a genetic difference in the blondes.  They swabbed the cheeks of 85 people, 43 with blonde hair, to compare their DNA to that of people with darker hair and found a chromosomal difference caused the blonde hair. The researcher identified a change in the gene TYRP1, which affects pigment in humans and mice, as the cause.

Now let’s put this into perspective—scientists are not referencing any blond found in a bottle, local salon or beauty store that is still questionable activity for black women. How do you feel about black women with (unnatural) blond hair?120503142536-large  blonde-hair-solomon-islandssolomon-islands_2210026c solomon-islands-36

1. Andrea B. Roberts

March 13, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I am a fabulous black woman with hair double processed to level 9 lightest gold blonde. Have been wearing this color & tone for over 30 years. I have never been brassy or had uneven color. I love my color & get stopped on a daily basis to be complimented. It brings warmth to my complexion and I wear it well. I am a certified master hair colorist so I know how to do what I do. To those who don’t like to see black women wearing blonde, that’s perfectly ok. I am sooo fabulous with my Mary Kay makeup & blonde locks.

• DDB

March 29, 2013 at 9:40 am

Rock on! It happens across all racial dynamics…Why do we point the finger at ourselves?!

2. test

March 17, 2013 at 7:58 am

I used to be recommended this web site via my cousin. I’m now not sure whether or not this post is written via him as no one else understand such special approximately my difficulty. You are amazing! Thank you!

3. moe

April 6, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Scientist ain’t discover shit get yo life

4. Renee Everett

April 9, 2013 at 11:50 am

Finally, maybe some people will believe me when I tell them that one of my younger brothers and I (2 of 8) had blond,red,light ,brown mixed when we were 4-9 years old. He eventually turned total red ,hence; Red was his nickname. I am still blond in summer sun in some areas. Maybe, just maybe, Europeans are blonde due to inheritance of the African blonde gene.

5. Dottie

April 25, 2013 at 1:03 am

I am originally from the Island of Guam and I am rocking my bottled blonde hair color. I get a lot of complements on my hair color.
    I love the blonde on other ethnics women too.

6. Dane Clark

June 11, 2013 at 11:52 am

It’s not about wearing blonde hair….it’s about why you wear your hair blond if it’s not natural…the kinky hair has always been put down as bad hair…most African American women that wear their hair blonde give the impression that not only are they ashamed of their kinky hair but are impressed by the color that is predominantly from the caucasion culture….which is blonde….not to excuse the straightening of our hair black or blonde or brown.. we give the impression that we are ashamed of anything natural about us…including round noses…This is a new generation that does not remember with the conviction I remember racisim…and hopefully that is good….but no race should buy into the culture of another race because they feel inferior for whatever reason…down to the color of your hair….still only you know…why you die your hair or straighten it…I did not always have dreadlocks…for years I straightened my hair…but I was copying my Dad….not another race…and he was following the trend at the time….but still that trend was from in grain self hate….

7. Robert Coons

June 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Ethiopians also have blonde hair. They state they are direct descendants of David!

However the Bible states “Do not adorn yourself with your outward appearance, with breaded hair, but adorn yourself in the spirit of the Lord for this beauty never fades”!

8. Sandra Houston

July 14, 2013 at 11:15 pm

These children are beautiful!
    My Mother who is Black with Native American (Blackfeet) have natural blonde hair with a reddish glow, She is beautiful!!

Robert Coon- I couldn’t agree with you more.

9. James Roseau--Danbury, CT

September 5, 2013 at 2:11 pm

These findings serve as further proof that Blacks are the original folks on earth. While we indubitably have the least genetic diversity, we share so many variations in our gene pool. It is no wonder that others are so hateful toward us; they know our secret. Each time they look at themselves in the mirror, they naturally see us. Amazing!

10. 농구 베팅

May 21, 2020 at 6:14 pm

Best view you can finde , in this side of world!