News

Teen Bullied for Sleeping with Football Players Jumps in Front of a Train

Tragedies like this one occur all too often and are always sad to see when they take place.  A teen girl in Staten Island was a victim of intense bullying and felt that suicide was the only way to escape her pain and humiliation.  So, the girl jumped in front of a moving train, killing herself in the process.

The girl, 15-year old Felicia Garcia, was being humiliated by classmate after sleeping with four football players.  Two of her friends told everyone else, and she also found out that the incidents had been recorded.

“Kids are saying she had s*x with some guys from the football team at a party after the game,” said one of her friends. “Later on they wouldn’t leave her alone about it. They just kept bullying her and bullying her.”

The girl committed suicide at the Tottenville train station.  She even tweeted about the suicide before it took place, stating that she just can’t take it anymore.

“I cant, im done, I give up,” she tweeted Monday.

School officials set up a mediation between one of the boys and a school counselor.  The boy said that he didn’t harass the girl.   The girl killed herself after running into one of the boys she’d slept with, and after exchanging words, she jumped in front of the train.   The incident occurred in front of her fellow classmates, which added to the trauma of the situation.

“She was smiling though, like everything was going to be okay,” said Alissa Compitello, a classmate.

But the girl’s Instagram remarks indicated that she was all but happy.  She put an image of herself with her hands over her eyes, with the word “depressed” over the image.

“Just because someone is smiling doesn’t make them happy,” it said.

The girl’s life had been tragic even before the incident. She’d run away from home several times and had been reported missing a total of seven times.  This incident reminds all of us of the impact of bullying and how young people should be taught to respond when it takes place.

1. Kim Maree

October 31, 2012 at 10:53 am

It saddens me deeply to see another youth take their life stemming from bullying. No matter what decision we make in life rather good or bad no one should be bullied. This article states that friends spreaded word of her sleeping with multiple boys from the football team, based on their actions they were no friends of hers because real friends would not spread the information that was told them. Bullying seriously needs to be stopped. No one deserves to be bullied!!!!

• BigWill

November 4, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Racist caucasians have created a stock pile of dangerous weapons with the intent of killing you know who! The only response from AA’s to this serious threat is to continue buying more gold teeth, tattoos, hair extensions, alcohol, tobacco products, crack and other BS. Caucasians created a fake god- a white man to whom black ppl pray to each day and night. The book associated with this fake god- the Bible instructs black ppl to “Love thy enemy” and “Slaves obey your Masters”. Black people, your enemy is planning to wage an all-out war against you and your response is to- Love and Pray for them. Black ppl, please realize you must overcome your fear of cacasians which is responsible for your paralysis to this eminent violence. The time has come for black ppl to stop being slave minded drones to this wicked nation and fake religion.

2. Lorna

October 31, 2012 at 11:01 am

So sad. Honestly, everyone involved need to be an accessary to murder. It’s time to start making examples out of bullies…

• denise

October 31, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I agree with you 100%

• pam b

November 1, 2012 at 8:42 am

I agree!!!

• Brandy

November 1, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I agree

• John Tac Brantley

November 1, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Yes mama I agree if sad …..

• Helen

November 2, 2012 at 10:24 am

I agree with you 100%…Lets make an example out of some of these bullies..It’s time for new laws.

3. Tina-Marie T

October 31, 2012 at 11:47 am

Poor girl! I feel for her and her so called friends,boys and whoever recorded should be punished. If the system won’t God & Karma will. Smh at these situations. Wish we taught our girls more about self value. Prayers for her

4. ravenda

October 31, 2012 at 12:13 pm

They have not mentioned here the fact that her parents were dead and she was in foster care which has an issue wth kids who runaway. She was already on a path of self destruction and apparently nobody did anything to help her get through it.

5. jessica

October 31, 2012 at 12:56 pm

This is so sad and I hope and pray that everyone that caused her to do this horrible will b held responsible!!! May she forever rest in Paradise and I pray that God forgives her for the ain’t she committed by taking her own life!!! Ppl need to start talking to their teenage kids especially about bullying and how to defend theirselves against situations like this and any other situations!! I’m so glad me and my 15 yr old son talk about everything

6. Valerie Lunsford-Winbush

October 31, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Suicide stemming from bullying is a national crisis. We cannot keep losing our young people this way. They are our hope for the future. Bullying should be an ongoing topic of discussion in every school, classroom, home, etc., in the nation. Enough cannot be said about it. Felicia Garcia is yet another tragic example of our failed efforts as a nation to take aggressive action towards bullying. R.I.P., Felicia.

7. Dreday

October 31, 2012 at 8:00 pm

If you want to know the mind set of a lot of today’s young people just checkout the site worldstar hip hop. A lot you will be surprised and pissed, my question is where are the dam! Parents. We need to stop worrying about the material stuff
    And start raising our kids the right way! Stop trying to be friend be a parent!!

• SweetPea

November 1, 2012 at 8:49 am

Unfortunately, the parent may have been disfunctional…especially if aged thirty-something or under. Truly a lost couple of generations nowadays.

• Really??

November 1, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Her parents are deceased.

8. Dawn

October 31, 2012 at 8:08 pm

My Bully Jeff Feinberg wanted me to commit suicide and attempted to murder me, he still haunts and terrorizes me today, but I am determined that suicide is not the answer, that only brings joy to these bullies.I wish I could have talked with this young girl. Our young people need someone they can trust and talk to. Walking in similar shoes, my heart aches for her, I feel that I could have helped her. May God Keep her soul. RIP. A tragedy of a hurting heart,

• Cocobrown

November 2, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Dawn,

I commend your strength and the fact that you can say that you won’t allow people to move you says alot about you. I am so happy that you decided to deal with it in a different way. Because ending your life is never the answer. I pray for her soul as well and hope God can forgive her for it was the work of the devil!

Dawn, hang in there. Keep your head up! And be strong. I too used to be bullied in High School. I am 30 something now and realize my self worth and don’t care what people say about me. I am stronger. But what helps is that my bully(s) are drug addicts, locked up or dead beats. Who gets the last laugh now…..

9. Dawn

October 31, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Corrected email address

10. D.C.

October 31, 2012 at 8:25 pm

This is why mothers should constantly counsel daughter to remain celibate. They cannot handle the outcome of a bad choice in this area.

11. Ladybug..

October 31, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Please parents talk to ur kids about bullying..its damages& hurts kids..kids tht are being bullied tell sum one&they cn help u fight ur battle..u are loved&not alone

12. Dark Chocolate

November 1, 2012 at 12:07 am

I agree. We don’t need bullies in schools and especially not in the OVAL OFFICE.

• TT_CA

November 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

“Especially not in the Oval Office” Signed Dark Chocolate!? WHat the Hell?!!.. What are you talking about?. Are you a white person who puts up a so called Black name and starts a fight.. sounds like you are a BULLY..

If you happen to be refering to the likes of President Obama’s Children then you are barking up the wrong tree!!.. Seeing how you placed this the way you did, you also are looking like a COWARD.. So I must be correct because COWARDS usually are BULLIES!..

Get over yourself and reveal the true you: SHYTE STARTER!!!

13. SweetPea

November 1, 2012 at 8:44 am

Pretty girls and ladies are always bullied by unattractive females. I wished I could have comforted this little angel.

• Ricky Thompson

November 1, 2012 at 11:56 am

Sweet Pea you are so true about that statement!! Halle Berry was bullied in her early childhood in Ohio.

14. keeping it real

November 1, 2012 at 9:20 am

it’s funny to me how people want someone else to be held for another person action kids will be kids i’m sorry that the young lady took her on life but she chose to do so no one pushed her in front of the train she jump we need to stop pointing fingers at others and point them at our selfs young or old if you sleep with four people other’s are going to talk word to the wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mahogany

November 1, 2012 at 10:32 am

What an IDIOT you are. She deserved to die because she slept with people? She was 15. Dopey. Fifteen-year-olds make bad choices. She didn’t deserve to die. Why was she harrassed and not the boys involved? Please, please, please… Do not have kids. You appear to be a breeder, not a parent.

• SweetPea

November 1, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Amen Mahogany!

• big annie

November 3, 2012 at 6:28 pm

• TT_CA

November 1, 2012 at 11:59 am

To Keeping it real.. At her same Age I had sleep with a boy who was with my female friend.. I didn’t mean for it to happen and felt horrible after it did.. but at age 15 you are a hormonal mess!

You are probably saying well why did you do it.. And I say to you why did the male ask me to his house?.. Why did I go.. I don’t know and wasn’t tripping at that time.. I’m 39 and I don’t remember what was going through my mind then!.. But I say to you and other People who taunt and talk Crap to others for what “THEY FEEL” are wrong (Which is just an opinion!) WHO CARES!!!.. Mistakes happen and we that survive it are able to grow.

Parents Love your Children keep communication open and let them know they can talk to you about “ANYTHING” When they tell you something and you can’t accept or take it all in at the time.. Tell them you must remove yourself from the conversation for a moment to collect your thoughts.. go call someone or go collect yourself, think about what you heard from all angles and do give off the immediate anger reaction.. it hard but I have practice this method with my own. it was the and still give the child freedom to express themselves to you.. Now don’t get me wrong I never said the child has the right to use bad language toward you or in front of you.. that will get you a back hand to the mouth real quick!

15. ghetto cruiser

November 1, 2012 at 10:42 am

I feel for the young lady, but she put herself in this position by sleeping with four football players. This puts her in the easy lay category. If girls keep their legs close, no one can bully you for being “easy”…

• Jay

November 1, 2012 at 11:31 am

It gives no one the right to be bullied…have u ever been bullied while growing up if not don’t say nething if u don’t know the poor girl’s pain…do u know how that feels to get bullied I don’t care if they slept wit 20 guys it doesn’t give ppl the right to bully others.. who makes them better to do this nothing….so they should be punished for this if they never bullied her she would be alive now…..ppl die from bulling cuz they gay, or they disfigure, or their weight n other things….they have the right to live..

• Samdromeda

November 2, 2012 at 12:47 am

Bullying is a premeditated act of opressive destruction of anothers self esteem. It is the same as pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger. Emotional abuse is far worse than physical abuse. once the self esteem is destroyed by the the total disrespect and undermining of a persons reputation with no let up, the person no quarter for relief. Their anger and anguish turns inward and they surrender to giving up their life. You have the audacity to blame the victim. Everyone involved in the bullying is guilty of murder. Scripture tells parents not to do this to their own children. This reflects on the parents of the bully. In Chicago kids are killing each other with guns and they have more mercy than the people who mercilessly tormented this young lady to the point of suicide. It takes a twisted demon possessed mind to bully.

• big annie

November 3, 2012 at 6:14 pm

@ghetto cruiser: huh?!?
      Teenager do dumb stuff and they are going to have sex.that is their developmental stage. Whether it is sex with one person or ten…they are going to have sex. Really, her having sex with those guys was HER business. Unfortunately, her history made her vulnerable to folks messing with her. She was an attractive girl and most likely had guy tryin’ to holla’ at her all the time. her “friends” who told everybody probably were haters…probably liked the guys who paid them no attention. The friends were probably unattractive

She did not deserve to die because of that choice she made. Folks need to leave others alone. I was bullied in high school…I didn’t mess with any body…minded my business, but because of my upbringing and what my family had, how I was taken care of by my parents and much older brother,folks hated on me ALL of the time. Did not realize back then that it was bullying.

Today with technology, bullying is at a whole ‘nother level…more vicious.

I pray her soul is at rest now…sounds like she was a tormented soul.

• Samdromeda

November 6, 2012 at 2:28 am

As a doctor once told me as a young man..”Keep your pecker in your pants.” Another quote is “Keep your underwear on.” Consider the behavior of the football players and the behavior of some of our professional athletes. Some of the professionals have claimed to have slept with 1000 women. What is the message that is being sent to the young men who join the fraternity of the football team. They took a young ladies need for social acceptance and converted it into serial mutual masturbation by using her body and using their individual feelings of guilt to scapegoat her with extreme prejudice. This is the aftermath of Sexually Induced Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome with respect to the young lady involved.They took their pleasure and spurned her. And not only did they spurn her but they socially oppressed her publicly. It is the same as rape. It is the violent taking of that which they had no right to… The dignity and life of another human being.

16. Barbara

November 1, 2012 at 12:29 pm

She could have been sexually raped while in foster care, and ran away as a result. Kids who are sexually abused may exhibit promiscuous behavior. Poor little kid. Seems the cards were stacked against her from the get-go.

Rest in peace Angel.

17. Seemespeak

November 1, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Such a darling child with no one to love and nurture her she could have been a famous writer or councelor some day or perhaps a child psychologist. She had something to share but made a dangerous mistake in the name of misplaced love. If there’s any young people reading this post please know that no person will show you love in return for sex.

18. jackie williams

November 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Prayer go out to her family, she was such a pretty young lady.

19. Deborah

November 1, 2012 at 2:04 pm

First this young 15 year old lost both parents, and lived in foster homes. That would cause you to be depressed. Okay it was said she slept with four guys. What about them!! Why are women always the ones to look bad. They slept with her also. In the Bible people bought a woman to Jesus that was caught in the act of adultry, that means she was unclothed. Jesus said where are your accusers? There were none, so he told her to go and sin not. Now if Jesus Christ can forgive, who are we as people not able to. It starts at home. Parents teach you kids about bullying, and how to stand up for people who are being bullied. People who bully are usually victims of some kind of abuse there self, but it is still wrong!

20. Linds

November 1, 2012 at 2:19 pm

It is so sad she was such a beautiful young lady and I know
    what is like to be ready talked about saying that you’re the most ugly girls in the world.
    They would tell me that I have the most ugliest eyes and I was too skinny.
    today I in Brice my big pretty brown eyes and I’m still small at 60.
    But I never forget the people that I went to school with who would talk about me I will never forget.

• TT_CA

November 1, 2012 at 3:25 pm

sorry linda.. Pray let go let God.. hopefully you forgave.. as of now you are 60 years wiser );0}

• big annie

November 3, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I feel you Linds…went through the same thing. Life is funny, some of those who bullied me are dead…lives all messed up and having to depend on theUnited Way for help. Some even see me on Facebook and want to be my friend. I never respond. Did get one heartfelt apology from a male bully a few years ago. It was emotional for him. His wife watched as he apologized for all that he did to me.

21. Robert

November 1, 2012 at 3:03 pm

> If she wasn’t raped then she shouldn’t be ashamed of what she done out of her own free will > For all young ladies reading these comments remember you have to THINK before you do anything that could ruin your life because you’ve got a long time to live > PEACE <

22. Monique

November 1, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I do not think this is a case of bullying. This is the case of a troubled child. No one with any sort of self worth would have sex with four boys. So she had issues deeper than most of us could even start to understand. Life is so valuable, poor lost soul…

• Frederick Dee

November 1, 2012 at 4:53 pm

i agree this is not about being bullied, not one post even mentions the fact that she slept with the 4 boys from the same team on the same night. she had some seriously deep issues

• big annie

November 3, 2012 at 6:23 pm

I think that fact has been addressed..many times. What made her different than a boy who will go from house to house and s@&$w several females in an evening? What about guys who run “trains” on females? That is not indicative of having issues? Why…because boys will be boys? Please…that Shyte is sick, too. Those boys need some mental and emotional help as well. Don’t get it twisted.

• Kathy

November 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm

She had some deep emotional issues which were compounded by the bullying. Someone who is vulnerable and has poor self esteem will make questionable choices. People who claim they have it together, who feel they would never make those poor choices should reach out and encourage. Give a hand up, don’t try to shove others over the edge. Everyone at some time in their lives are highly vulnerable to victimization. Before you cast a stone examine yourselves, be grateful if you have social support and if you don’t thank God that you still have the clarity to identify your need. Some of us forget the rawness of emotional pain during some of our darkest times. And for those who have never been that vulnerable, who have never needed others that much, then you can not testify because you don’t even know what it’s like. We are so quick to judge because we cannot identify with the experiences of others.

23. David

November 1, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I saw a brief post online, but didn’t read it. However, it speaks to many societal issues on many levels. The first and foremost is that young people and bombarded with imagery/sounds of an oversexed society, gender bias with regards to sexual morality, etc.

That said, we must do our very best to make the very best decisions for our own lives. Now, it’s posted here that the young lady was in foster care, as her parents were deceased. The only question I have is that collectively, we as a society, begin taking care of our society at the level of our families. Where there no uncles or aunts to have taken this child in in the first place? The sexual activity was no more than an attempt to substitute eros love for storge love.

Sadly enough, stories such as these ought to serve as cautionary tales for the young and old alike. I attended the funeral of a classmate’s sister who committed suicide while in high school 30 years ago. I never met her, however those loved one’s left behind only know of a life cut short and unfulfilled potential is all which is left in it’s wake.

24. Samantha

November 1, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Looking at this young woman history she had issues before the bulling.

25. James Watson

November 1, 2012 at 5:22 pm

She had more issues than just being bullied. A 15 year old girl thinks its fine to sleep with 4 guys in one night at a party? Her mindset was obviously deeply flawed. Unfortunatley she did not have parents or a parent figure in her life, and as a young person had no one to lead her back to a good life. A tragic story. We need to reach out and help those who have no one to look after or mentor them. I urge everyone, myself included, to look to what we can do to help the ‘Felicia’s who are still alive.
    Amen

26. sheree douglas

November 1, 2012 at 7:07 pm

@james youre so right. i understand this is tragic but in the same token sleeping with four friends isnt kool and to think they wouldnt talk in crazy. where the hell was her parents?? ppl need to teach their kids using your body for boys to like you isnt kool and im sure the same friends talking about her are doing the samething. parents need to be parents and quit blaming everything on bullying because most times ppl put themselves in this situation. when will ppl learn to be accountable for their actions..

27. Kirsten

November 1, 2012 at 9:36 pm

This is sad and it is obvious that she suffered from more than just “bullying”. Too bad help wasn’t sought for her before she made the decision to take her own life.

28. george

November 2, 2012 at 12:42 am

I HAVE IDEA … HOW ABOUT ANYONE THAT’S GETTING BULLIED…PUNCH THAT PERSON IN THE NOSE….THEE END

29. Samdromeda

November 2, 2012 at 1:00 am

The victim is blamed for what amounts to gang rape. Football players represent their school. Is this the type of character that you would want on your college campuses. You cannot trust people who do things like this. If you do not have enough character to protect the weak and know right from wrong then you are part of the problem. Evil is as evil does. A child is known by his doing. If they bully in school then they are probably running their parents and/or manipulating around them. Anyway they are dragging their family names through the mud before God who sees all. Teach your children to respect others. These guys are no more than child molesters in our midst.

30. bobby T

November 2, 2012 at 10:33 am

Well seeing that i was bullied at that age i feel if she had a support system she wouldn’t have taken her own life. But at the same time kids will be kids and I’m sure she knew what would come of her sleeping with four football players……its the lack of support that she had. Everybody is either bullied or bullying and thats just the world we live in. Its sad but to be real u cant punish everybody for being a bully, the attention that she got she wanted, she wanted
    . May she rest in peace

31. Lady T.

November 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Some of these parents need to be held accountable…..most know if their child is a bully or not!!

32. greyeyedgirl

November 2, 2012 at 1:48 pm

this is why teaching your kids to fight back is paramount. kids that fight back don’t get bullied…my siblings and i kicked mad ass whenever we were fucked with…word got around and we were never bullied.

33. maria

November 2, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Maybe if all the sanctamonious bullshit around sex weren’t so harped on in the mainstream media, fom church pulpits etc – kids wouldn’t emulate the society they live in and condemn having sex with four footballers as henious! In another society – that may be considered awesome.
    A- top of that if you really want to target the bullies – hjmm, look no further than the militaristic harrassment and bullying that your military machine pushes regardless of government. How many aggravated attacks, initimidation etc has AMerica been involved in and continues to do so – how much of a bully are they to Cuba? bolivia….and so on. Let alone Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran – If you really want to deal with bullies – tell your military machine aka CIA to stop!

34. maria

November 2, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Hmm even notice that the word sex isn’t allowed to be published , there’s a little asterix where there should be an ‘e’…yup don’t blame the kids that ‘bully’ – they’re still babes imitating what they see – look further to the adults -particularly the baby boomer generation – and ask them to deal with their hypocrisy

35. cambie

November 2, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Very sad.

36. willena miller

November 2, 2012 at 10:14 pm

My first thought was “why had she run away so many times?”
    What could have been happening in her home or where she was living?
    That’s my first thought.
    Second, she evidently did not have the guidance and support she needed.
    Why did she think so little of herself to sleep around.
    Mother’s need to have honest and open conversations with their daughters about their bodies, boys and sexuality. This way the odds are better that she will be equipped to handle herself and not to get into situations which lead to this type of outcome. So sad.

37. Samdromeda

November 3, 2012 at 1:15 am

The sad thing is that the individual men, or should I say individuals who aspire to be men, sidestepped their responsibility to not engage in premarital sex. These are acts that involve investing ones own body. Were the guys sleeping around? Did their fathers teach them about their bodies and sexuality? Regardless of the mental state of the female involved, you do not have sex with a female that is not your own. If you are not able to support her and be a part of her family and she be a part of yours then you are committing a sin called adultery. It makes the man a male slut if he engages in this behavior. Stop the psycho-babble and see the picture as it is. The whole community is sick if this is the character of the young men that are emerging into our culture. Your daughters are not safe if young men and or men in general behave this way. It is too convenient to blame the victim.

38. Princess P.

November 4, 2012 at 12:45 am

For those who say she deserved this…SHAME ON THEM…Bullies are cowards. The bullying can be so intense, evil, and insidious, it is very difficult for a young person to overcome. It is so deeply disturbing that young people would tease and taunt this young girl so savagele that she felt jumping in front of a train was the answer to all her pain. And it was, but shouldn’t have been. So traic and sad.

39. Bmg9459

November 4, 2012 at 10:45 am

This may seem cruel but how did she expect her class mates to react she slept with 4 dudes at the same time that was wrong of her. While her death is tragic we sometimes bring things upon ourselves by making bad decisions. Everyone is forgetting that these are young adolescent kids were talking about we all have been there. Kids say cruel things her parents should have raised her better than to sleep with 4 boys at the same time. If this story had not of ended in death I wonder how many people would still feel sorry for her for the trouble she brought into her life.

40. Poetee

November 4, 2012 at 12:31 pm

People need to take responsibility for their actions. Those who raise bully’s who have no manners and those raise kids with low self esteem.
    If you can not afford a child, then you should not have a child because it is sheer cruelty to a human being. That being said unruffled your feathers because the affordability I’m talking about is quality such as as time and effort to rise them to be productive, loving joyful, peaceful, longsuffering, gentle, good,faithful, meek, and have temperance. Things are not as important as kids and society today proves this over and over.
    Women and men need o start making better decisions on not laying down with each other and creating a life that is not going to be cherished as such. I see too many people have kids and think it is not their responsibility to take care of their own child as they expect the schools to give them something the birthers had no intention to give.
    When I saw what kind of dad my husband was headed to be after I had my first child, I decided in myself that if this is what he is as a dad, I would not do him to another child. That would have been selfish to have all the other kids I wanted just because I wanted them and knowingly not have them with a great dad.
    So that society can eradicate this issue collectively, lets take individual responsibility today and not produce outside of being able to put that quality time in raising a person who respects others and self.

41. ofran

November 6, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Oh so it is okay for four males to sleep with the young lady, they are all human beings. stop holding women to a different standard than men, boys. I bet you that it was the girls who did most of the taunting, and I bet that some of them goes to church; that is not bullying that is tormenting and taunting. Yes she put herself in that position. we live in a society that makes people feel that they have to do anything that they are ask to do, you don’t have to do anything that you don’t want to do, just know that there will be consequences for doing or not doing. The foster care system has failed this young lady. where is her foster parents, they are her parents, they enter into an agreement to care for her and stand in place of her parents. Did she tell them about the problem that she was having? if she did what steps did they take to help her. she could have been moved to another school. very simple solution.

42. Shelby Porter

November 6, 2012 at 5:27 pm

This is so sad and now the young lady is out of her pain but her so called friends will always be in pain until they leave this world. It’s not over. I pray that God will be with her family.

43. Christopher

November 10, 2012 at 8:27 pm

While I do not condone bullying on any level, I am curious as to what is defined as bullying nowadays. Not to say that it is any less valid, but I do know that there are quite a few people that do take things more personal than need be.

Concerning this situation though… I don’t understand why there is no personal accountability taken into account here. This young girl decided to “put herself out there” and then got mad at the response for what she did and therefore took her life. Maybe had she made the decision to seek some other form of support then things may not have gone the way they did. I pray for her, but hopefully it’ll be a lesson learned.