News

Ladies, Beware Of The ‘Serial Hugger’

Photography by NHOPHOTOS; Chicago, IL

Police officers in St. Louis, MO, have identified a “serial hugger” who has been terrorizing women throughout the city for several months. Officers are currently pondering whether or not the “cuddle monster” should receive punishment for his actions.

According to a local news station, at least 36 women claim they were tricked into hugging a man they did not know. The alleged hugger approaches women who are shopping alone and pretend to be a past neighbor.

Detective Marshall Broughton said the man would say, “Hi, remember me? I lived down the street in the corner house. How ya been?” According to Broughton, the man would act quickly and leave women embarrassed for not knowing him. In other occurrences the suspect would tell his female victims that he was celebrating his birthday and proceed to hug them. Another says she was wearing scrubs when he approached her and claimed to have met her at a local hospital, when his wife was giving birth. One woman claimed the man even kissed her on the lips. Broughton says dozens of women came forward after a local TV station ran a story about the serial hugger, some citing similar incidents that dated as far back as three years ago.

The man has been described as a 44-year-old Caucasian with brown hair. The suspect, whose name has not been relased, was arrested by Warson Woods police on June 20, but released after questioning. Prosecutors haven’t yet determined if they will press third-degree assault charges. Broughton added that since the man’s arrest, he hasn’t heard any new reports of hug attacks.

1. Ms T

August 24, 2012 at 11:19 am

ok.. what’s the crime?!.. he gave hugs!.. did he groop the women?..
    did he place and thang on the skin?.. :/ ????
    whats the crime of giving strangers hugs!!

• Derrick

August 25, 2012 at 11:52 am

“The man has been described as a 44-year-old caucasian with brown hair.”
      —————————————————-

Key word: caucasian

If that would’ve been a Black man, he would be in jail RIGHT NOW with a sexual assault sentence.

This caucasoid male gets away with a crime, just because he hugs a stranger! Next time, this lunatic freak will stab one of those crazy crackers!!!

I WISH NEGROIDS WOULD START STICKING TOGETHER, LIKE YOU caucasoids!!!
      You demon/devils ALWAYS defend your own kind, even when they’re guilty, but you’re ready to incarcerate a Black man, even when he’s the VICTIM, who has been shot down by racist pigs!!!

DAMN! Youcausasoids get ALL the breaks, no matter the crime!

2. Shari Moore

August 24, 2012 at 9:56 pm

How the hell is it a crime for a man that is an affection seeker?
    What about these damn cops breaking the law or mf’s snappin out and shooting people for no damn reason. This world is ass backwards

• Derrick

August 25, 2012 at 11:59 am

@shari:

This caucasoid freak will hug a caucasoid female, but will fill a Black man with SLUGS!!!

You crazy crackers are SICK!!!

Will you let a Black stranger hug on you? What’s your comment now; since you crazy crackers always talk that: ‘I DON’T SEE COLOR B.S.’?

I GUARANTEE YOU; IF HE SHOT AND KILLED A BLACKMAN, YOUR 1ST COMMENT WOULD BE…”the Black guy probably was trying to rob him.” Y’all crazy crackers are some dumb s.o.b.’s.

• Miss T

August 25, 2012 at 7:28 pm

@Derrick…ain’t nothing BUT the TRUTH!!! Who the hell goes around hugging people and Black men have been sent to jail for less. Lock his crazy ass up…

3. Miss T

August 25, 2012 at 10:10 am

You don’t remember who “lived down the street in the corner house” come on now…let some freak pervert try to hug on me. Today it’s a hug tomorrow it will be something far worse. If he can convinvingly get to grown ass women…I’m sure it will take far less to get at a child.

4. Janet

August 25, 2012 at 1:15 pm

This happens a lot at church from men and women also kisses on the cheek. I’ll extend my hand to give a handshake, but I am grabbed, hugged and kissed which often I find offensive.

Bad breath and body odor is a problem for most of the population as are just everyday germs. If you are not close to the person, good friend or relative, stop with the hugging and kissing, men and women…very offensive.

5. Miss T

August 25, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Where I live, Black people hug each other…that’s just what we do! It’s a gesture of endearment and familiarity. Nothing sexual unless its one of these fine brothers (that I know), I might give a little extra squeeze, but that’s the woman in me. But if some crazy ass white ass sick ass pervert comes anywhere near me…its on and poppin’…he’s catchin’ that beat down you can best believe that!

6. MillieG1

August 27, 2012 at 7:20 pm

This man is knowlingly violating women’s bodies and personal space by making unwarranted and unwanted physical contact with unsuspecting women. Most people do not feel comfortable receiving hugs from people they do not know well or have had little to no contact with. This man needs to be apprehended and rehabilitated so his behavior can be stopped and be redirected into a positive actions. I can gurantee you if this man was a man of color and was going around huggung women randomly, the people of St. Louis would view this behavior from a different perspective.

7. Jacqueline

August 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm

It nothing wrong with hugging someone but these days with so much going on you have to be very careful. Because if it’s a stranger you don’t know what he/she may do.

8. Jacqui

October 24, 2012 at 9:18 am

I think this is an outrage. if this were a black man I feel that he would be arrested. I don’t feel this was a kind gesture. the man is being deceptive. His behavior is Inappropriate and unacceptable.