News

Man Vacationing With Wife On Carnival Cruise Ship Allegedly Raped 15-Year-Old Girl

Casey Dickerson Is Accused Of Raping A 15-Year-Old Girl Aboard Cruise Ship

An unidentified 15-year-old girl claims she was raped in an extra cabin on board a Carnival cruise ship. Thirty-one-year-old, Casey Dickerson, had access to the cabin after crew members relocated he and his wife when she complained of noise. The married man has been charged after the teenage girl claimed he and a group of teenage boys gang-raped her in the cabin.

The girl said she and her 15-year-old friend were given alcohol before her friend was held in the bathroom by one of the teenagers while she was raped. According to the alleged victim, the boys ‘switched’ positions and held her down on the floor as they sent away a person who came to the cabin door. Dickerson denies rape but admitted that he purchased alcohol for a group of teenagers on board the cruise, which left Florida on August 16 for a four-day trip to the Bahamas. He also admitted to having sex with other women who were not his wife on board the boat.

Dickerson, from Casselberry, Florida, told a local news station that it was supposed to be a fun vacation for him and his wife, adding: ‘The cruise was great itself.’ He claims he was drunk, passed out and was unaware that anything sexual took place in the cabin. He is being held on federal charges of sexual assault at Orange County Jail without bail after a judge deemed him a danger to the community. There is no federal law for statutory rape at sea. The Attorney-General will decide if sexual assault charges are to be filed against the juveniles. The agency is investigating the case, a spokesman said. A statement from Carnival Cruise Lines reads: “Carnival is fully cooperating with law enforcement officials as the investigation continues.”

1. Fiona

August 23, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Even if his side of the story is to be believed (which is highly unlikely), there are still so many questions… How old is this man? Why was he sooo drunk that he could not control his actions? Why was he not with his wife? SMH!

2. Joe L.

August 24, 2012 at 4:51 pm

i KNOW, i KNOW, SOME MEAN SPIRITED WHITE MAN MADE HIM DO IT.

• wink pier

August 25, 2012 at 6:56 am

There was nothing remotely close to suggesting that this guy was blaming anyone, other than himself and the alcohol, for the stupidity he displayed while out to sea on that Carnival cruise ship. Please keep it PG on here.

3. Phillip Battle

August 24, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Yeah — that same mean spirited White man who told you to write such a brilliant comment.

If you care to help- please be so genuine and help me raise the conscious of such Beautiful Loving People – who taught America how to be humane( then we forgot to love us) towards people who built the country for FREE— Big Joe L- tell the least fortunate to————-

Boycott Christmas 2012

4. Rev "D"

August 24, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Choices are long lasting and life changing. We are all free to make the choices. However we cannot coose or control the consequences. It is not good that man should be alone. Therefore I will make a help meet (a woman that is fit and adaptable) for him. Why did he leave his help.

5. GateKeeper _Of_Truth

August 25, 2012 at 7:47 am

he’s 31.. and he was with teenager boys..who gannged raped this 15 year old girl..whose GF was kept in the bathroom..

..first.. why is a 3o something male running with teenager males..and why are 15 years olds girls running throw the ship and go with other teenage boys .. where are these girls parents?

6. Ana

August 25, 2012 at 11:04 am

There should be a rule regarding “unaccompanied minors” for their own safety. There are lecherous men and women every where who take advantage of these unsupervised situations. It can be dangerous for unaccompanied adult females on these ships let alone minors.

7. Miss T

August 25, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Something is clearly wrong with this dude…why was he playing with teenagers…where was his wife…???? Was he their babysitter? WTH???What’s this Carnival Cruise…they won’t get my money…letting people run around the ship! Clearly there is more to this story!!! And while race was brought up…those heathen whores are always lifting their bikini tops up and performing all kinds of unnatural sex acts for the camera. Now they want to blame the Black man…they probably drugged him! Another brother fell for the okey doke…WHEN WILL BLACK FOLKS EVER LEARN…?????

8. MillieG1

August 27, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Firstly, if I were his wife I would immediately start divorce proceedings upon returning to the states. Secondly, if he is guilty of sexually assaulting a teeneger and providing liquor to underage children he should be convicted, fined, and sent to jail. Thirdly, committing adultry while he was on vacation with his wife is sickening and immoral. This man is sick on so many levels and hopefully he can receive therapy and be redeemed.

9. tasha

August 28, 2012 at 12:53 am

I agree wit sum of what ya’ll sayin but the whole white thing was just nuts. I agree wit what gatekeeper said where was all the parents at this time. I know if i was to go on a cruize then i would most defidently make sure my kids was right wit me cause you never know what kinda weirdo is out there looking and preyin on there victims. Another thing if he did do it then the man need to serve time in the pen and the boys well they just as guilty as the 30 year old. and why did this man still have access to the old room to begin wit? thats what i dont get.

• Tiffjc3

May 24, 2013 at 11:31 am

I have been on 6 cruises @ Carnival has a club for teens & smaller children…. Your teenager will not be with you every minute…….. Also I up until this point have had a false since of security because there are cameras and security & staff everywhere … You go to have fun & let your children do the same so don’t blame the parents….. Ppl have been raped in schools, churches & other places ppl would not dream it could happen until it does….. We are just lick g in a wicked world!

10. mlena74

August 28, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Firstly, What excuse did he give his wife for his absence? I agree there are a lot of questions. This 31 yr old man certainly can’t be normal anymore than the male and female teachers who have relationships with their underage students. How do you do what he did and not know that there will be consequences? We should be thankful that the girls weren’t killed and dropped over board. I wonder about the cruise’s role in not making sure that the man returned the other key. Too polite I guess. The adult male should suffer the consequences of his actions and so should the boys. I can’t imagine ruining your vacation like this. I didn’t know that cruises grow on trees. I can’t imagine allowing my teenagers to just run wild with out checking in and we know how they try to get over. I would be taking care of someone’s behind! ITs called too permissive. Do you guys remember the teen that was on a family cruise and got homesick for her boyfriend so she put some white powder in an envelop and cause the ship to be not on detained but they turned back. That lil sweetie would be afraid to go home with me… I’m just saying.

11. David W. Johnson Jr.

August 30, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I Wish Father God And Lord Jesus Would Remove All These Worthless Pieces Of “nigger trash” From This World And Save All My REAL AFRICAN AMERICAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS. I Also Wish They Would Let Me Remove As Many As Possible. If President Obama Doesn’t Get Re-Elected I Just Might Start Doing It And Leave It To God And Jesus As To How Long I Can Do It.

12. Samdromeda

August 31, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Contributing to the delinquency of minors. Committing adultery. Having access to a crime scene. Setting up a rape gang. Sounds like the same behaviors that have been appearing in our military. These are dangerous times. Does anyone know right from wrong?