Bride Falls to Her Death While Posing for Pictures Near a Waterfall

By  |

A woman from New York City died suddenly after falling into a river while posing for pictures next to a waterfall in Puerto Rico.  Kenah Huggins’ body was found in El Yunque National Forest after she slipped while someone was taking her picture.

“She ended up in the pond, slipped, lost balance and fell into the water,” said the search and rescue manager Victor Lasanta.

The tragedy shocked those who were watching, because they saw the woman rushed away to her death with almost nothing they could do about it.  Several witnesses were treated for shock after the incident took place.

The 35-year old woman was in the Carribean with family and friends to celebrate her wedding.  Authorities found her body the next day after she’d drown from the fall.

“On behalf of the family an friends I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their warm words and condolences we truly appreciate every kind word and gesture,” said Nicole Taylor, a friend of Huggins.

Here is one of Kenah’s last Facebook page updates:

“I’m a thinker, I absolutely live in my head ( a lot ) but I know I can’t change the future & I am strong believer that everything has a purpose for how, why, where & when…… So just go with it ;-)”

What's Your Thoughts

Loading Facebook Comments ...

1. avatar

Earthly Embrace

August 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

Wise words spoken by this beautiful woman. She didn’t know what her future would be like. Yet she understood life just by her words. Peace

2. avatar

August 27, 2012 at 1:17 pm

My prayers are with you and for you. God knows more than we can begin to even imagine. To her husband; cherish the time you had with her. In deep prayer for the family.

3. avatar

August 27, 2012 at 2:19 pm

thats some messed up shit

4. avatar

Bev Brewer

August 27, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I heard this story, and just could not believe this praying for everyone my heart goes out to her family and husband!

5. avatar

August 27, 2012 at 5:17 pm

My condolences to the Husband, family and friends of this beautiful lady. I wish I could say more, but it always hurts me deeply to see someone die needlessly when they have so much more to experience in this beautifully insane world.

6. avatar

August 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm

This is soooo sad. God rest her soul and bless her in eternity with you. Doing it the right way . I just don’t understand.

7. avatar

August 28, 2012 at 1:33 am

Im really sadened by this tragic incident,my thoughts and prayers to the family as they go through this unfortunate loss. May God strengthen and comfort you all.

8. avatar

August 28, 2012 at 5:39 am

So so sad tragedy,but god knows best,may her soul rest in eternal peace.

9. avatar

August 28, 2012 at 6:08 am

God Bless.

10. avatar

August 28, 2012 at 7:10 am

While we see it as a tragedy and it is.It is a reminder that we must exercise safety even when we are having fun.GOD had a plan for this lovely woman.Remember his plan supercedes our plans.May GOD bless that family and their friends.

11. avatar

August 28, 2012 at 7:48 am

Condolences goes out to the husband and relatives. I trust that Jehovah will give u all the strength to grieve at this time of your tragedy.

12. avatar

August 28, 2012 at 7:49 am

To The Family and Friends:

My prayers to you all. Remember, there are no problems greater than GOD. He makes no mistakes. God Be With You.

13. avatar

August 29, 2012 at 4:44 am

So sad, I’m living in Puerto Rico and I saw this on the news here. I wish to pay my respect to the family and to the young woman .I’m saddened even more when I see things like this happen to good people..R.I.P….:(

14. avatar

August 29, 2012 at 10:55 am

The saddest story ever. That was supposed to be the happiest day of her life. Instead she died. Wow, may God be with her husband, and family. RIP

15. avatar

September 1, 2012 at 11:58 am

16. avatar

September 2, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I see people get close to the edge of cliffs, etc. all the time to take pictures. Let her death be a warning to all.