Celebrities

Friend of Usher’s Ex-Wife Says Child’s Father Is Being ‘Ignored’

Friend of Tameka Foster Claims the Media Is Ignoring Injured Child’s Father

A family friend of Tameka Foster is pissed off at the media for failing to acknowledge the biological father of Tameka Foster’s son who recently suffered brain damage from a jet ski accident last week. She’s alleging the media is focusing too much attention on Usher for the sake of selling the tragic story to their audience. Here’s what she had to say: “I’ve seen celebs and media outlets alike continue to send their condolences to Usher. Kyle was Tameka and Ryan Glover’s child and the sympathy should be given to them first and foremost. Although Usher has been so kind in chartering a plane so she could be by Kyle’s side, he didn’t necessarily play a huge role in Tameka’s other children’s lives after the divorce therefore it seems a little disrespectful that Ryan is being ignored as a father, in place of another just because he’s topping the Billboard charts.

Ryan was equally devoted and involved in Kyle’s life — they shared joint custody and Kyle was with his other family at the lake, so for those who are claiming Tameka’s at fault for not being there is just absurd — because of the joint custody, her two boys aren’t always directly in her eyesight, but she is a phenomenal mother.

While her points are valid, I find it ironic that she’d go through the media to express her frustrations. Someone could very well assume that she’s attempting to get her fifteen-minutes of fame. The bottom line is: A life is on the line. It doesn’t matter the amount of sympathy thrown at one party or the other. The bigger picture is wishing the best for the child.

Eleven-year-old Kyle Glover suffered brain damage after a family friend struck him and  an unidentified 15-year-old girl with a jet ski as they floated in an inner tube on Lake Lanier in Georgia this past weekeend. The family friend is currently under investigation. Alcohol has been ruled out as a potential cause for the accident and both victims were wearing life jackets.

1. kmad

July 13, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Please, I don’t think this woman is trying to get her 15 minutes of fame, hell I wondered about the child’s biological father he is suffering as well I’m sure. How cynical can you get.

• Nita

July 13, 2012 at 10:53 pm

No she’s right. They are linking Usher to the story to give it legitimacy. The story as sad as it is should not be Usher this and Usher that. He was not the father, and he hasn’t been the step-father for over two years. This story is about Tameka Foster and the boy’s bio father, not Usher.

• pantherestates

July 14, 2012 at 2:00 am

Yeah I have to agree…I don’t think that she is out for 15 minutes of fame either.The poor woman is is shock!Look what happened!!!!..I feel bad because the little kid was just out in life having a good time which any kid should be doing…it is a tragedy….

• YouSaidWhat?

July 14, 2012 at 7:24 am

This so-called “friend” is a back stabbing jealous buttinsky who probably got turned down by Tameka and Usher for some money. With “friends” like this who heeds enemies? I’ll bet it’s a dumbass two-faced female. Somebody needs to jack her nosy ass all the way up.

She ain’t got chit to do with the child or his family so why is she bumping her gums to the media? Looking for her 15 minutes of fame? Hopefully she’ll be outed by the National Enquirer–then shunned and banned by everyone and anyone connected to Tameka or Usher. A fifty cent whore with nothing but trash to talk.

• Belinda

July 14, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I don’t think that she is looking for fame. Do you see her/his name anywhere in the article. NO!! All she is saying is that the child has a biological father, one that is in the picture. One that is taking care of his responsibilities and is/was in his life. He was at the lake with his biological fathers family which is his family also. The friend is right the biological father should be recognized too. I’m sure he is suffering just as much as the mother. After all he was at the lake with him. I’m sure that he has all kinds of thoughts going through his head right now.. He needs prayers too he is going through this also.. Usher was just what the friend said. A step dad who is no longer in the picture. I’m sure that Usher is crushed by this also. Step parents build strong bond with step children also.. All I’m saying is that the whole family needs our prayers and condolences. That includes the biological father and his side of the family too. It is not his fault that Usher is famous and his name isn’t put out there like that. None of this would have been published if it wasn’t for Usher being married to Tameka. She was just a person that the public did not know before Usher. They all just need to be left alone to grieve.. Prayers for all families and friends involved in this tragic accident.

• cheche

July 17, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Belinda…thank God you get it!!! This is not a popularity contest;its a tragedy. Moreover…if the father wanted the publicity then one call to the media would have taken care of that. People please stop with the hateful comments. Whats important is the child knew his biological and stepdad loved him. This article is about a innocent child losing his life because of someone stupidity!

• Victoria Burton

July 16, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I totally agree!

2. Dub

July 13, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I don’t agree she is looking for fame either. It is apparent she knows these people and sees the pain this family including the child’s biological father is in. As for using the media, how else is the message supposed to get out? Let’s show some compassion.

3. J

July 13, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Though this is a tragedy, that statement is ridiculous. What? Does this friend really think the media is going to say Ryan Glover’s son was in a tragic accident today? It was reported because people know who Usher is. Why doesn’t she go console her friends instead of taking the time to talk to the media, who she’s offended by.

• Warren Johnson

July 13, 2012 at 8:33 pm

J, I agree with you; and I don’t get what the fuss is all about. No one knows the father, and it would have been more than a footnote if it had been reported in the way that she would have liked. Some people try too hard to find something to fuss about. Now that she has made me think about it: Where was the father when the child was at the lake? How old is the “family friend” who was riding around on a jet ski while these kids were swimming in the water? While one can’t be too careful in things like these, there are some things coming out that spells some amount of negligence. I would hate to have my son around any idiot who would be riding a jet ski in the water where he is swimming….

4. Dana

July 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm

To be honest I was wondering the samething. If anybody is at lost right now it is Tameka and the father of that child. I don’t think that she looking for her 15 mins of fame and as a father I hope you can understand how this father feels.

5. Lenny

July 13, 2012 at 4:23 pm

First all so-called journalist (???), that lady has a very valid argument. She’s not looking for her fifteen minutes, she makes a good point. Usher keeps getting the praise and condolences about Kyle, but his natural father is forgotten about. Nobody’s reaching out to him and he’s been apart of the boy’s life. But because Usher is famous and on the charts, he gets the spotlight in the situation.

• Fayiza

July 13, 2012 at 9:35 pm

For this “friend” to even make this statement publicly seems opportunistic to me. It is about the child 1st & foremost. Why should the “message get out” in the 1st place. This was a horrible accident, leaving a child injured. Unfortunately children get injured even fatally every day and it doesn’t make the news. Of course the public would send condolences to Usher, he’s the celebrity who most r familiar with. Most don’t know Ms. Foster(his ex-wife) much less Kyle’s dad Ryan Glover. Should ppl search our their websites(if they exist) or emails to send well wishes? Of course not! The fans/the public send messages of condolence & well wishes to the one they know about(Usher) and have ready contact info to send messages to.
      My compassion goes out to Ryan & praying him full recovery as well as his family.

6. kmad

July 13, 2012 at 4:29 pm

But the media could have mentioned the father, celebrity or not, that was HIS son and I’m sure the friend has already been there for the family. The child’s name was Kyle “Glover”. At first it was reported Usher’s son, then corrected, you shouldn’t dismiss the biological father like he was nothing. Sometimes friends are just protective plain and simple.

7. legallychisis

July 13, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Yes that is pretty messed up. It’s unfortunate but I’m glad someone had the balls to step up and say something. I mean REALLY the headlines read USHER’s STEPSON!! WTH about the daddy. I just pray the poor baby pulls through.

8. Butch

July 14, 2012 at 12:57 am

Most likely the father is deadbeat Dad, and wasn’t around to begin with! Now is not the time for arguing over whose the dad or the mom tho! People stop leaving ur kids with random ass folks to have fun. Raise ur kids, do things with them…

9. Annette W.

July 14, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Well, how else is suppose to get her point across?! Everything she said was true and has absolutely nothing to with Tameka Foster trying to get 15 minutes of fame! Hell, I agree with everything she said! Usher is NOT that child’s father yet, the media continues to mention him every time this story is brought up!

10. Mnyama

July 17, 2012 at 9:25 am

This is one reason for the story saying that the child’s insurance was about to run out and the plug may have to be pulled. Usher didn’t have anything to do with the medical care of the child. It isn’t his. THe story I read mentioned the father, told who he was, where he worked and everything else. I don’t understand her rant. Apparently, she hasn’t read up on this issue. Usher is probably staying out of the way because I’m sure, more than once, the words “You ain’t his father” came up during that relationship. Usher allowed the use of the jet and offered to speed up the custody proceedings. I don’t feel he needs to do anything else.

11. reklama internetowa łódź

February 2, 2014 at 8:34 am

Hello, this weekend is nice in support of me, as this point
    in time i am reading this fantastic educational post here at my
    house.

12. Internet Search Engine

April 29, 2020 at 1:42 pm

Usually I do not read post on blogs, however I would like to say that your blog is very pressured to read! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post.